Go Bottom Go Bottom

hunter s thompson hostile

View my Photos
kubotachick
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-18          100515

I figure in a hostile and pointless forum..i would fit right in. And the only thing that the government looks like right now is a mutiny, the honchos are leaving and new losers are taking their place...but you know what? isn't this how its always been ... in the words of hst...you can't miss what you never had (ie health insurance for all)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-18          100519

I believe that was Pat McGee that wrote that. You are obviously a "John Deere Chick" at 36-24-36! ;O) LOL! Anyhow you were on a pretty good rant and that is what pointless and hostile is all about! ;O) If you want health insurance for all; I believe North Korea, Iran, China, and a few other really nice places have that. There is not enough money in the entire GDP and privately held savings to fund health care for all in this country. Oh.........I almost forgot! A 20 year or longer hitch in Uncle Sam's uniformed services will get you almost free medical care. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-18          100520

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson????? TOTAL looser........just like John Kerry is now and was during the campaign. ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-19          100573

no...john deere's are for hillbillies...not us cool people from illinois...we know quality product and none of it comes in some queer shade of green either. and you know...hunter s thompson...he's my hero. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-19          100587

kubotachick, I'll be the first one to say Kubota manufactures great equipment. My last tractor was a Kubota. Deeres are for hillbillys????? LOL! So you say. ;O) Hunter S. Thompson has been VERY quiet as of late.........his new diet has really been tough to deal with. Eating all of that crow has got to be tough to digest. ;O) ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-19          100588

oh yes i know, after that article in rolling stone saying how kerry had a so many point lead and going on and on how bush has no way of reclaiming the white house...and besides, i thought he said he was going to move to canada if it happened.

Oh, and his last book sucked..i mean it really sucked, who has the time to sit around and listen to him talk about old basketball games that took place a couple of years ago...a vacation was greatly needed on his behalf. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-19          100590

Maybe we could start a collection fund to buy airline tickets for Hunter along with Robert Redford, Barbara Striesand, The Baldwins, and quiet a few others out of the country. Maybe Pakastan or the Ivory Coast might take them ehh??? ;O) ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-19          100591

well, i think everything for that guy went down hill after the movie and all...you know...he kind of rode that horse till it died. Don't get me wrong, he's still excellent, but you know...its kind of like led zep...the older the better.

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-11-19          100600

we know quality product and none of it comes in some queer shade of green either. and you know...hunter s thompson...he's my hero.

Your right on there Kubota chick!!! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-19          100601

grassy, hearing something like that from someone who threw away his remaining value in a tractor that was repaired by trading and buying new again; I am not sure you would know quality if it fell on you. John Deere is the OVERWHELMING choice of the armed forces, even LTG Dick Coty(Army Chief of Staff) has a Deere and INSTISTED on Deere products for the 101st Airborne Division. Kubota could not meet the specification criteria to compete in the contracting. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-11-20          100606

Cheify - It's interesting how you bark at me, Yet not the source that made the comment in the first place...a female, Real nice cheif! As for the Armed forces...John Kerry is all I have to say. The decisions of the armed forces are made by men like Kerry as well. Thank god he didnt win! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-20          100607

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!! Snarl!!!!!!!! Ruff!!!! Ruff!!! Ruff!!! Bark!!! Bark!!! Bark!!! ;O) Kubotachicks comment was a well considered and thought friendly jab. The concept is totally lost on you. The original topic being discussed was Hunter Thompson. Again a concept lost on you. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-11-20          100608

Cheif - I think u need to get a job! ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-11-20          100609

I watch the news often but never heard of this hUNTER tHOMPSON. I reverse capitalize the name out of disrespect for this guy. I see from google that he is a commentator for "Rolling Stone" newspaper. No wonder I never heard of him. More anti-Bush group think liberal crap from New York City and pseudo intellectuals. I would never read or take seriously "Rolling Stone" magazine. I went to college at Stony Brook Long Island so I know something about the mind set of these pseudo intellectuals. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-11-20          100611

Let me go on a little bit more about these pseudo intellectuals from New York City. I watched them disavow all societal values, trip on acid, inhale laughing gas, smoke dope, throw bricks through windows, use food stamps to buy their food, etc through the first three years of college. In the fourth year of college they all became very serious and competed to get the best paying jobs. Drs, lawyers, engineers, people that run the Rolling Stone, NY Times, etc. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-11-20          100612

WOW !!! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-20          100613

Grassy, now that was an even snappier reply post than your last one! ;O) ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-20          100620

i guess all i have to say is a point coming from a female (such as i) has been lost in a sea of testasorone here...the point was...hunter was wrong...we're not toting his banner (well i am kind of) and you know...why drag the armed forces into everything...you know maybe if they dressed snappier, like in kubota orange, maybe we'd stay on the topic...so how bout them colts... ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-11-20          100632

Kubotachick - sea of testosterone? LOL. I am a fat old man so you must be referring to others on this site. I am not arguing any points - just revealing my sensitive side and honest thoughts. ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-20          100633

sorry, hostility got to me, its just sometimes i forget that mens on a tractor web site have a sensitive side, i guess i'm just used to "oh, my arm just got caught in the blades, oh well, grab some duct tape and lets finish this thing, and we'll have beer later" All apologies crunchy. I'll send you tissues later... ....

View my Photos
dsg

2004-11-21          100675

kubotachick, LOL & LOL & LOL :)))

David

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-11-21          100677

Grassy -notsure you would know quality if it fell on you.
Chief - you call this honesty?? I call it rude! That is why the " other" tractor website kicked you off! Although I will admit they are a bit sensative over there but I am still welcome over there!Did ya ever think just maybe you need an attitude check? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-21          100678

Grassy, as is the usual; your facts are eaten up and incorrect. Do a search, I am not kicked off. I refuse to post on that board any longer. The attitude is just fine and tuned properly for you. ;O) ....

View my Photos
dsg

2004-11-22          100711

Chief, grasgod is right. You are a bit over bearing at times, so are one or two others on this board. No one should make personal attacks like I just did.

David

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-11-22          100744

Thaank you David! ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-11-22          100746

Well, it is official now. I have been "called in on the carpet" for pointing out to the moderators on the "other" tractor boad how poorly they did their job. I've been a BAD BOY! Been threatened with being thrown out now. Was told that I appear to enjoy antagonizing the moderators. Just wanted get this out as this again clearly demonstrates this IS indeed the best tracor board going bar none. We are allowed to disagree and work our issues out like intelligent adults. This was writen By chief on " other site censorship - BH 90"

Seems here Chief you do know you have an attitide.

I've been a BAD BOY! - Chief ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-23          100848

Well thank you David for throw out your 2 cents.......no....... .5 cents worth (adjusted for inflation) ;O) I will immediately enroll myself in "Over bearing sensitivity & management" class. ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-24          100959

I wonder how we got so off the subject. And I apologize if i overbear, i really don't ever intend to. But it kind of seems that hostility is rubbing off. we're supposed to talk about it, not demonstrate! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-24          100960

kubotachick, it is not too late for you to enroll yourself in the "Over bearing sensitivity & management" class too! ;O) ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-24          100965

you mean nobody likes my overbearing insensitivity? Well, I guess that can explain more than a few things happining in my life...Oh well...If its not broke don't fix it (and i'm not broke) And you cheif...don't throw rocks in glass houses (or something like that) ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-25          101015

The "don't throw rocks in glass houses (or something like that)" sensitivity and awareness class is also layed on for the new year! ;O)

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-25          101018

You guys have it all mixed up.

The story is about a polynesian king whose acquired a massive metal throne, but was afraid that it would be stolen by rivals. So he hid it in the rafters of his hut and all went well until the day it crashed through the ceiling while he was eating dinner and it killed him.

Hence the old saying: People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

Now you are set straight. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-25          101019

I already have a spot for the throne picked out on the back porch to watch the wildlife and the world go by. ;O) ....

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-11-25          101023

Interesting thread the blending of Orange(Kubota)and Green(JohnDeere)between Kubotachick and Chief has produced a new shade of puce!!

[cool] ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-26          101100

no, i think the word is puke, and we all know, the orange prevails. I love you guys...man, really (note the sensitivity). And I understand everyones different tractor preferences (note the...whatever its called). And i feel your pain...I guess the classes are paying off. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-11-26          101101

kubotachick I would suspect you may be taking sensitivity classes with "thingy"? ;O) You two must be neighbors? Such a small world isn't it? ;O) ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-26          101103

I guess, i just try to not rub anyone the wrong way. And if he is my neighbor, i guess i just haven't run into him, but hey, there is always an open invitation to come visit and drink some beers and be "sensitive" ....

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-11-26          101106

Who, may I ask are you addressing as "thingy"???

Dean ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-11-26          101107

"thingy" refers to the reappearance of "rgauthier", he, gauthier ends his messages with that expression for whatever reason. ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-11-27          101164

yeah...and you know, thingy isn't usually a term on endearment either. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-11-28          101204

Deleted............... ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-12-01          101395

whats deleted, i don't get it? Its just a little friendly humor there thingy. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-12-02          101425

I read the whole thread, twice, and other than the "throne speach" didn't understand any of it.

Guess I've been up here in the Great White North too long.

Oh well, I'm due to go back to good old Cherry Point NC for a little reunion anyway, maybe they will explain it to me. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-12-02          101432

People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

More coffee Murf, you need more coffee....... ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-12-02          101433

Never mind. I just re-read your post. That is the part you got.

More coffee Mark..... ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-12-02          101436

Hmmmmm....... me thinks Mark is as due for a trip to NC as I am, maybe we should pick up Randy along the way and spend a couple days of fishing, flying and swapping war stories, it does a person good.

Of course the poor old Chief would get no end of ribbing about his 'other green' uniform at Cherry Point.....

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-12-02          101438

NC sounds nice about now...but hey, watch out if they try to stick you in the "uniforms" that have straps and leather, it always means trouble, especially in north carolina (and even more in its more hickish neighbor south carolina). Next step...the sanitarium, if you keep telling that joke at least ....

View my Photos
Deerester

2004-12-04          101568

kubotachic, being I have a (GREEN) John Deere and even though I live in Pa. I like North Carolina. Does this mean I need to go to a HICK Detox Center or perhaps Hicks anonimous meetings. Is this a serious illness? Could you recomend any help centers. Is there a Betty HICK center?
I think my coveralls and straw hat are just crys for help.

Dont wanna be no hick no mo
Deerester

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-12-04          101583

I have no beef against hicks, trust me, i adore them. Why try to change? Actually, i really have no beef against john deere either...i have a sweatshirt with the john deer deer on it. (*please note* i'm feeling rather nice today) ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-12-04          101586

What is your story? ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-12-04          101587

Who's story? My Story? ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-12-04          101589

LOL...are you blonde kubotachick? ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-12-04          101590

Yeah, i'm as blonde as the day is long, but what kind of story am i supposed to tell? Specify man. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-12-05          101609

You just did. ....

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-12-08          101878

and your story would be ? ?

View my Photos
grinder

2004-12-09          101975

(1) I own a tractor.
(2) I try to make a contribution. ....

View my Photos
DeTwang

2005-02-21          106528

I figured since you guys had an entire 6 page thread with this guys name on it, you'd be interested in this article (see link below).

Evidently he just commited suicide ....

Link:   Denver Post Article

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-02-21          106531

The only one that appeared to be enamored was My little friend KC, Still a man slightly older than myself and with an education matching some of us here, one only has to imagine the difficulties in this mans life and may he now rest in peace!!

It not only is a sad day but an empty one as well when one exits this world in this fashion!
May God have mercy on his soul!! ....

View my Photos
DeTwang

2005-02-21          106539

---------------------
It not only is a sad day but an empty one as well when one exits this world in this fashion!
May God have mercy on his soul!!
----------------------

Yes, May God have mercy on all of our souls.

I hardly know anything about the guy. I haven't read Rolling Stone Magazine in a long long time. But it sounds like he was a bitter guy in general.

That's a pretty harsh thing for his son to find. I always have a hard time understanding suicide. There's not a lot you can say about it......It's sad. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login