Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 5234 not moving in gear Nothng

View my Photos
gwhpnut
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2020-07-13          199469

Any idea why a Cub Cadet 5234 will not move? all fluids are up and engine runs, but it will not move forward or reverse? This was purchased used with this problem, and was hoping to sort this out? I have no clue what could be the problem? Hope someone here might have an answer? Thanks, vic

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2020-07-14          199480

Any hydro-static drive unit will have a bypass control valve, basically a 'dump valve' that allows you to push or tow the unit without which the wheels turn the drive motor which then becomes a pump and pressurizes the system.

Everything seeming normal but having no forward or reverse is a classic symptom of that valve being in the bypass position instead of the engaged or operation position.

The simple way to diagnose it is to merely try pushing the mower with the engine off. If it rolls fairly easy the valve is the culprit. If it seems like the brakes are on, keep looking.

The valve is almost always on the transaxle and is a lever that doesn't seem to connect to anything but a spring to hold it one position or another.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
gwhpnut
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2020-07-22          199510

Thanks we will check this out!!! Thank You!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login