Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front axle repairv- need information and help

View my Photos
cub7275
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-07-13          190690

Hi,

My left front bearing went out on my 7275. I took the wheel off. The housing is shot. I have the shop book, doesn't show good pictures or give a lot of information. It looks like I have to pull the gear off to get to the oil seal. Is there somewhere I can buy a used unit/housing complete or do I have to rebuild it. Where is the best place to buy the parts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Front axle repairv- need information and help

View my Photos
chashm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-07-16          190712

Not that I've done this myself but the pages from the service manual about the MFD hub basically says once you get the hub assembly off the axle by taking the 6 bolts around the outside out and prying the hub cover and axle assembly out and then you have to:
1 take off the circlip at the inside end and pull the inner bearing.
2 push the stub axle-wheel mount out of the hub cover and gear with a press.
3 take care with the various spacers to keep them together there is a critical measurements to meet at assembly.
4 remove the inner bearing with circlip as needed.
5 looks like the axle oil seal is pressed out from the inside and installed from the outside.
6 reassemble. Shims to be recalculated per the manual. Presumably if you're replacing the bearings like for like the shimming will not change but probably advisable to buy the shim kits if things do change.
7 The inner bearing is put on by heating to 250F at which point it should slide on. Probably should clean it of any oil or grease before heating.

The full LH assembly seems to be available for like US 830 new but the RH isn't at partstree.com. Bearings and an oil seal will run you US 60ish plus another US 17 for shim sets. Used assemblies would require finding one in a junk yard - lots of luck.

See the link for the relevant manual pages. ....

Link:   7525 MFD rebuild

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login