Go Bottom Go Bottom

cub cadet 7205 starting issues

View my Photos
hormer1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-08-23          184714

Has anyone found the solution to this issue. To update, I've changed glow plugs, fuel filter, drained tank,cracked injectors, which do get fuel, checked fuel solenoid, which is good, changed positive cable , and still the machine is very temperamental. It seems to crank really strong, maybe too freely ,and sometimes when cranking it almost catches. Occasionally when I have removed the throttle plate it starts and it appears that maybe oil is in the fuel. Does this suggest a blown engine, and it is the blown engine that is causing the starting issue. I should mention that when attempting a start, the machine seems to smoke a lot. Thanks everyone for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-23          184715

Hormer1,

If you believe that your tractor is spinning too easily, that could be a sign of low compression in one or more cylinders.

The smoking issue is also a sign of low compression.

Low compression problems can be caused by a blown head gasket, worn or pitted valves, worn or stuck piston rings, or even a cracked head.

The best and fastest way of determining which cylinder(s) is causing the problem, is to attach a compression tester to the glow plug ports.....one cylinder at a time. While this test will not point to a definitive answer, it will at least provide you with a starting point.

A universal cylinder compression tester kit will cost you about 40 bucks.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
TxJoey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-09-19          184956

good luck Homer if you figure it out let us know ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login