Go Bottom Go Bottom

After 10 hours use New Case DX40

View my Photos
bill darbyshire
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-21          31914

It's better than I ever expected.... so far, no problems, no troubles, and it's awesome. Mowed a couple of acres of tall, tall, weeds with the new Woods Brush Bull 720 (I think it's loger than the tractor!), with zero problem... did a bunch of light loader work, and I recommend this tractor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Steve Benson

2001-09-21          31922

I have a TC40D w/FEL with about 150 hours on it. I've used it for the following: Brush-hogging heavy weeds and mowing grass, managing manure piles, moving lots of rocks (big & small), post hole digging, tedding hay, pulling 8-ton hay wagons, pulling down and old shed, skidding 24" dia. trees (sometimes whole). I am extremely pleased with this tractor and find that the power is well matched to the sized of the machine. The FEL hydraulic controls are also much more refined than on any other machine I've used previously. ....

View my Photos
MarkS

2001-09-21          31930

TC40D here with FEL and 75hrs on the machine. Love it so far!. One complaint thought, there is a foam gaurd under the radiator that has fallen out and lets alot of debris into the radiator. other than that its great! ....

View my Photos
Robert

2001-09-24          31979

I have a TC40D (w/SS) and FEL. I am looking at a new woods Brush Bull rotary cutter. My Dealer says the 720 is too heavy for my tractor and recommends I go no heavier than the 72. Have you had any problems with the weight or maneuverability with your 40 horse and the BB720. I would like to go as heavy as I can but don't want to buy a brush cutter that I can't use. I will be using it to clear/mow on somewhat hilly terrain so tractor stability is of great importance to me. Would appreciate any and all advice. ....

View my Photos
bill darbyshire

2001-09-24          31988

Well, the Woods distributor told me the BB720 would probably be OK, and it appears to be longer than the tractor, but I've not had any problems with it yet; it works well. I've left the FEL on when using it, and apparently that balances it OK. I will be trying it without the Loader in a couple of weeks, and will post the results (if the lines of typing in my reply are vertical rather than horizontal, then you'll know it was a little heavy!). It may be borderline for the D/DX40, but best, if possible, to try one first. ....

View my Photos
Robert

2001-10-08          32280

Bill,
Was curious if you tried your DX40 without the FEL and the BB720 rotary cutter. I am still looking to buy one this fall but I want to be able to mow w/o the FEL. If it's too heavy as to be unsafe and pull the front end, I'm going to go with the BB72. Thanks ....

View my Photos
bill darbyshire

2001-10-08          32298

I haven't had time yet... the tilling is done and I took it off; it worked very, very well. Plan was to try the mower without the FEL today, but I had to work at the paying job. Now we'll be out of town for two weeks starting Friday, and I'm trying to try it out Wednesday or Thursday. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Picture Link
Case After 10 hours use   New Case DX40

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login