Go Bottom Go Bottom

5 rough cut mower for B2410

View my Photos
taheide
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-20          98839

I currently have a B2410 with a King Kutter 6' finish mower that works quite well, only time I have an issue is when the grass is hub high to the front wheels, then it bogs down. What I am looking for is a 5' mower for the tall junk in the fields. I tried the King Kutter, but the hitch setup would not allow for a decent range of adjustment and was a pain to get to connect up with my Speelok quickhitch. Who else makes a cutter that would fit the B2410? Trying not to spend more than $700 for one, the King Kutter was $599 new. I just didnt feel it was safe to run that on my 'Bota

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-20          98846

King Kutter has a habit of putting the lift pins up to high on their brush cutters.
I lowered the lift pins on my 6' KK brush mower 5" so I could lift the cutter higher.
Easy to do and only took a few minutes. ....

View my Photos
taheide

2004-10-21          98910

What tractor are you using for the 6' deck? I know my bota had the power to spin up those big blades with ease, but I felt a bit uneasy with it. I dont want to go to a 4' one since the tractor is wider than that. I was considering drilling new holes down further, but then the top link wouldnt work with my quick hitch, and trying to assemble the mount was a real pain trying to twist the bars that run to the rear of the deck to the inside since I needed to make the width of the mount smaller to fit into the quickhitch. I was able to mount it, and everything lined up perfectly, but had no height adjustment. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-21          98944

"What tractor are you using for a 6' deck"

I run a 6' King Kutter brush mower behind a Kioti DK 35.
It is 35 HP with 28.3 PTO HP.
Runs the 6' cutter with no problem. ....

View my Photos
taheide

2004-10-21          98947

Aye dat be a wee bit more of a tractor than my measly little B2410. I might reconsider the KK if I can get a reassurance that the B2410 can handle it. I would need to modify the 3pt part of it in order to get it to work with my quickhitch and have some height control. As far as balance I didnt have a problem the tractor rode fine with it, it was the fact that I had now height with it and spinning that mass of metal around without some height control had me a little leary of it. Rule of thumb I learned is if your tractor can handle a 6' finish mower, then the rough cut would be one size down. My lil Bota handles the 6' KK finish mower without a problem, and it spun up the 5' RC quite easily. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-21          98950

I'd agree with that. If you can run a 6' finish mower you can likely run a 5' brush mower.
I run a 6' brush mower, I also run a 6' finish mower. Hoping to get a 7' finish mower in the future $$ permitting.. ....

View my Photos
taheide

2004-10-22          99038

did some searching today. Anyone have experience with the one sold by Northern tool? The Howse brand? Pricing seems ok. Also has the option for the chain type guard, which the KK didnt have. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login