Go Bottom Go Bottom

48 quot Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
Zack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-06          58963

I am looking to get a 48" rotary cutter for a 4115. I have looked at some at the dealer but I find each one has there merits. does anyone have input on the JD LX4 vs BH SQ480 vs Woods 48". I was told the SQ480 was not availible with a slip clutch but most other differences seam minor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

48 quot Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-09          59207

You are right, there is not a Slip clutch available for the squealer. ....

48 quot Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-17          64178

All three are fairly good. I don't believe any 4 ft come stock with the slip clutch any shear pins. The woods also has various levels of weight, but in general the 4ft are a light duty mower. ....

48 quot Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
jd2210

2003-09-18          64226

If you cutting is just high grass and not "knocking down 2+ inch trees", then I would get a 5' for that machine. You will be able to locate a used one cheaper than a new 4'. I personally have the SQ48' and my 2210 has absoutely no issues using it. Hence if the machine had a better stance, i.e., height, weight, etc., I would have got a 5'. ....

48 quot Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-18          64228

I know that sometimes it looks and feels that we would be able to do that but The mower is not just a foot wider but a foot farther away from the tractor which makes it even worse as far as leverage on the tractor. ....

48 quot Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-18          64231

As far as the shear pin slip clutch goes here in central NY it doesn't seem to make to much dofference as to which way they are. I see slip clutches that are frozen up as they don't get slipped enough and I see shear bolt units that don't get sheared enough and they don't work. Most times when people use there mowers on there own land or on the same land they don't really need either system. The units might miss the annual renew and will break the gfear box instead of the safety system built in do to lack of maintence. ....

48 quot Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-18          64236

Lubricating shear pins is part of my regular maintenance if I don't break them often enough. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login