Go Bottom Go Bottom

NEW JOHN DEERE quot FRONTIER quot ATTACHMENTS

View my Photos
RON M
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-02-14          35604

MY JD DEALER TOLD ME THAT JD CONTRACTED WITH WOODS TO MAKE A LINE OF ATTACHMENTS THAT JOHN DEERE WILL CALL "FRONTIER". HE TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL BE AT THE DEALERS IN MARCH AND THAT THEY WILL BE COMPETITIVELY PRICED. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE SEEN ANY INFORMATION ON THESE NEW ATTACHMENTS? I WENT TO THE JD WEB SITE AND ONLY FOUND AN ANNOUNCEMENT BUT NO OTHER INFORMATION.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
samms hoggn

2002-02-19          35724

I saw the box blades at my JD dealer seem to be nice probally medium duity, But havent seen anything else by them. ....

View my Photos
jpaulus in W Wisc

2002-02-23          35834

dealers have literature now. photos and specs indicate pretty solid hardware. ....

View my Photos
JTD

2002-02-24          35838

I have the Frontier 6' boxblade and 6' rotary cutter with slip clutch. Boxblade is fine. The cutter needs more reinforcement on the rear side plates since backing up and hitting anything solid will bend them. Otherwise no complaints.

View my Photos
Gary in Indiana

2002-02-24          35840

JTD, would you mind sharing what you paid for your box blade and rotary cutter? ....

View my Photos
JTD

2002-02-25          35853

Bought both with the tractor (tractor was used, 500 hr) from the dealer for last XMAS. Rotary cutter $1,100; boxblade $475. As I stated, the rear plates of the cutter can be bent. Mine has a dent where I backed into a tree during clearing. I'm going to weld box tubing onto the back to stiffen it. I've seen this on another site. I think the medium duty models with rear chain are probably less susceptable to this type of damage, but they cost more. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-02-25          35855

JTD: Just curious how much the box blade weight. I've always thought that weight is a good indicter of quality in box blades. I've forgotten exactly, but I think my 6' Farm King is around 700 lbs. It does a decent job of cutting packed gravel. I wouldn't know how well it would do in clay since there isn't any around here, but I suspect something heavier than my Farm King would be better for hard soil.

I have a comment that is perhaps more theoretical than practical about reinforcing the back of the cutter. It would be possible to reinforce a cutter so much that the cutter would be stronger than the tractor cases. I have no idea how big box tubing it would take before this idea became more practical than theoretical. However, it might be preferable to have a bent mower than broken cases. 3ph's are designed to pull rather than push.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login