Go Bottom Go Bottom

Bush Hog - Woods - Land Pride

View my Photos
Bill L
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-24          25827

Any opinions out there on rotary cutters?? I have a NH TC33D and am looking at mainly pasture cutting, occasional tall grass, small shrubs. I've looked at Bush Hog SQ600 ($1,000),Woods XT160 ($1,150), Land Pride ($1,550) and NH 951B ($1,200) - the Bush Hog and Woods seem well built. Also any opinions on the prices I was quoted??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Alan L. Lewis

2001-03-24          25831

I have a Rhino 5' cutter that is real well built. I have compared it to the King Kutter sold at Tractor Supply and its much heavier and the fit and finish is much better. I'd buy other Rhino stuff easy (I also have their finish mower and its a real nice unit). It seems like the 5' cutter SE60 by Rhini is about $900. ....

View my Photos
Rob Munach

2001-03-25          25835

I paid $950 for an SQ600 w/ slip clutch. We have been cutting 2" material (and a stihl 026 :<) without any damage. It is a well made unit except the front rubber guard only lasted a month. Bushog says they do not make a chain replacement - my only complaint. ....

View my Photos
RickB.

2001-03-25          25838

The BushHog SQ600 will give you excellent service matched up with a TC33. As it is also the least expensive of those you are looking at, you sould purchase it with confidence. Also, common and necessary Bush Hog wear parts are typically less expensive than other brands. ....

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-03-25          25849

Bill, I just put money down on a SQ600 after quite a bit of shopping. I am paying $850 with a slip clutch and solid (not laminated) tailwheel. I think $900-950 is a good price in our area for this unit. I got a better price because the dealer has 8 of the SQ600 in stock and with all our snow this year nobody is going to need a cutter until June. I think the SQ600 is the best value of the lightweight cutters because it has a stump jumper (round or oval blade attachment pan) as well as 0.5" thick blades, yet is still priced under $1000. Woods also has excellent cutters in this range. The Landpride you had a price for must be a 2560, because the price I got for a 1560 was $1100. The 2560 is more expensive than the BH or the Woods you were quoted because it is a medium duty machine, not a light duty. I was very impressed with the new John Deere MX5 as a medium-duty machine and got prices around $1650 for it. All the prices I have given include a slip clutch and the MX5 was with chains front and rear. I think your application is for a light duty cutter as opposed to medium duty. I would easily recommend either the Bush Hog or the Woods. ....

View my Photos
RockyTop

2001-07-18          30224

I have a New Holland TC33D with a SQ600 Bush Hog. I paid $14,300 for the
tractor and $650 for the Bush Hog (solid wheel, no slip clutch). I was told
the slip clutch was $90 extra. This was within the past month.
Both tractor and Bush Hog seem to perform OK so far. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login