Go Bottom Go Bottom

Keeping boom mower level

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-28          193795

Looking for thoughts on how to help keep a 3 pth boom mower reasonable level. Weighting the non boom side is one method and do know some companies have a linkage setup they use that ties the lift arms to the 3rd arm linkage on the tractor. Have used mower with that setup in time past but too long to remember how it was hooked up and designed. kt

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Keeping boom mower level

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-29          193798

Well I did find picture of the setup on a boom mower I had used before. It is basically two third arms that run from the lift pins to the third arm pin on the tractor. There is a mount that mounts to the third arm pin on the tractor they connect to. When I first saw the mount I had concern it would break the 3rd arm mount on the tractor in just movement of the lift arms. If that setup is safe to the tractor housing then not hard to do. Any one had any experience with that setup? Again I did but it has been at least 5 years since used it.

Has anyone used linking from the fixed draw bar to the lift arm that rides up to keep it down? Problem with that is you have to remember the arm is restricted and not raise the lift past the limit you set.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login