Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus 250 AS runs hot

View my Photos
yank11
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-04-11          196493

I have a 250 as seems to be running hot, fan is working plenty of oil no debris around cylinder sleeves and all deflectors are installed. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Belarus 250 AS runs hot

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-12          196496

With engine cold take radiator cap off, then start and observe if waterpump and thermostat open and coolant flowing as it warms up. ....

Belarus 250 AS runs hot

View my Photos
yank11

2017-04-12          196497

Thanks for the reply, but the Belarus 250as is an air cooled tractor. I'm thinking blow by might be the cause. any input on that? ....

Belarus 250 AS runs hot

View my Photos
minimac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-13          196498

These air cooled Diesels were made to run great in nice cold climates like Russia. I see you are in Georgia US, might be a strain on it that will overwork its cooling capability which is low to begin with. Make sure everything is as clean as can be to help convention carry the day and clean the air jackets thoroughly. ....

Belarus 250 AS runs hot

View my Photos
yank11

2017-04-13          196499

Thanks for the reply. I have had this tractor for over 20 years on the same property, it has UNDER 1000 HOURS BUT IT HAS BEEN WORKED PRETTY HARD, THAT BEING SAID I THINK IT IS TIME TO REDO THE TOP END, I AM GETTING SOME BLOWBY STARTING TO THINK THAT IS THE CAUSE IT DOES NOT RUN TERRIBLE BUT I WAS HOPEING I WAS MISSING SOMETHING SIMPLE.THE GOOD NEWS IS I DO HAVE A TOP END KIT PISTONS,CYLENDER SLEAVES RODS,BEARINGSAND RINGS. I GUESS BLOWBY WILL CAUSE IT TO RUN HOT. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login