Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus 825 Wont Move When In Gear

View my Photos
MontanaMan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-04-08          196481

I have a 1992 Belarus 825 tractor. I was going just fine and then all of a sudden it just won't move when in gear.

I checked the clutch adjustment and can see it is working as expected, but am at a loss as to what to try next.

Anyone experienced this type of behavior before with a Belarus 825, or any other model tractor?

It goes into gear from what I can tell, just wont move forward or reverse at all :(

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-11          196489

They are pretty basic tractors, about the only thing left is a bad differential or broken axle.

If are able to jack up one rear wheel, first put the trans in neutral and engage the diff. lock, see if you can spin the wheel. Be careful though, a tractor is not very stable with a rear wheel off the ground.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
MontanaMan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-04-11          196490

Thank you for your response. I was able to get it working, the issue was related to the weird way the shift knob turns to access different gears. I had to "reset" it. To do that I had to turn it all the way to the left, where the shifter "free floats", then turn it back to an appropriate position and voila Boris is moving again!

Thanks again! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login