Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus 250AS comes to sudden hault in forward gear

View my Photos
roscolo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-07-25          187719

I've had this Belarus 250AS for about 10 years now. Has around 600 hours on it. Use it for light pasture mowing, driveway scraping and light plowing. Other than replacing the starter, it's never given me any trouble.

I was mowing. Tractor came to a sudden and complete stop. So sudden it broke the shear bolt on the mower. Duplicated the problem with the PTO disengaged to rule out anything to do with the mower.

Problem seems to be related to the Forward / Reverse gear stick, as the tractor drives fine in reverse.

With the tractor out of gear and forward gear engaged, I hear some noise and rattling in the gear box. With the tractor out of gear and reverse engaged, I don't hear the noise and rattling.

Clutch?

Or someone suggested there is an adjustment nut at the base of the Forward / Reverse gear and sometimes that needs to be tightened. I can see the nut, but can't get a wrench on it. Looks like one may have to remove the floor plate to get a wrench on it.

Before I do that, I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions what the cause of the problem could be.

Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Belarus 250AS comes to sudden hault in forward gear

View my Photos
roscolo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-07-31          187758

So, drained the transmission, and there was very little gear oil in there. No more than 2 quarts. Filled and drove it around a little to circulate it. My problem presented itself in HI gears. Switched to LO and the problem seems to be gone. Don't think it had anything to do with HI or LO, though, just took a few minutes for the oil to get up and coat the gears in the transmission.

Info. for anyone who needs to know, I put some Traveller RENEW UTF fluid in the transmission. I was then told by a Belarus dealer to NOT use this or any UTF fluid in the transmission of the Belarus 250AS that is actually from Russia (like mine). Those fluids are too thin. Only put 85-140 Gear Oil or 80-90 Gear Oil in the Belarus 250AS transmission.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login