Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus Brake Installation howto

View my Photos
porkbelly
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-02-25          160623

Hello everyone I am new here. I have a Belarus 250 AS and I'm trying to put brakes on it. I have a book on it but it doesn't explain exactly where the brakes are good enough for me to understand it. Could someone please explain to me where to find the brake pads are on this tractor. Thanks a million.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-26          160626

I don't know either, never worked on a Belarus. But the easiest way to track them down is to follow the linkage. Typically there is a pair of pedals in front of the right floorboard. Underneath the floorboard is the linkage. The brake housings are on the other end of that linkage.

Tractor brake problems are more often caused by problems other than shoes or pads though. Many can be fixed with a simple linkage adjustment, others just need to have the rust cleaned out, some just need a seal or gasket replaced.

But before you open anything up, you should consult the spec page in your Belarus book and find out what KIND of brakes you have. They could be drum brakes as you suggest, but they also could be disc brakes. And if they're disc, they could be wet brakes or dry brakes. It's important to know WHAT you're working on, before you try to fix it.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-26          160641

If you find return springs in there, consider replacing them because they don't cost much and weaken over time. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-02-26          160642

As Greg mentioned, follow the linkage.

From what I can find as far as pictures of that unit they seem to be inside the rear differential housing. I saw a reference to 'bands' so I would assume that might explain the Belarus reputation for having marginal brakes at best.

Maybe there's nothing wrong with your brakes. Are you sure they are bad, or are they just bad compared to another tractor? LOL

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-05          160814

Greeting! I've was changing brakes on vtz T25(same tractor as belarus 250).It's 95% chance that You don't have to change them You just have to adjust.Brakes are in rear differential housing and if You want to change them You have to take entire housing apart from gearbox.It is a whole day job per brake if You doing it for first time.These belt brakes dont brake as well as drum or disc brakes but they do their job.To adjust unscrew 4 screws on top cover(5*15cm) on each side differential housing.In there there are two nuts,unscrew them.Under them is one biger for adjusting,tight it.There are also 3 setscrews outside housing for adjusting when brake is not hit.screw them to the end and than unscrew them for 2 turns.That should be it!

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-03-05          160837

Vlad:

Thanks for helping us. You write English better than most Croats. Are you a mechanic? ....

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-06          160842

@ auerbach

I'm not mechanic, I'm student but like to work on my tractor.Aint familiar with english names for mechanical parts but hope that you'll understand it :) ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-03-06          160846

What are you studying? ....

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-07          160865

Electrical engeneering, but we went off topic with this. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login