Go Bottom Go Bottom

Wish List For Your Tractor

View my Photos
pequeajim
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-07-19          18089

I wondered if your guys had a wish list for your tractors? If so, post it here. I know one manufacturer that reads these posts, so you never know!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
pequeajim

2000-07-19          18090

I own a Ventrac 4000 with a 60" deck. Three things that I would change are:

1. Some way to keep the pully cover up in the air while I am lifting the deck. I have had it bang down right next to my fingers a couple of times which I am sure would have hurt quite a lot. I did solve the problem by taking a bungee cord and hook it to the lid and then to the bottom-front of the deck.

2. An analog, (needle) type of tach. The one I have is small, right behind the steering column, and stopped working after 44 hours. It also collects moisture, why I do not know, but I saw the same thing on three other Ventracs.

3. I would make the instrument panel a little more ergonomic. I always believe that looks also helps to sell, and we could improve the dash looks a bit.

BTW: I LOVE my tractor. ....

View my Photos
RCH

2000-07-20          18124

An after-market seat assembly that would rotate 20 degrees or so in order to take the strain off the neck from looking backwards. ....

View my Photos
william

2000-07-20          18146

you may consider a new holland tcxxd boomer tractor. the seats rotate 20 deg. ....

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-07-20          18147

Cup holders! ....

View my Photos
Frank R Taylor

2000-07-21          18158

An air conditioned cab for a Kubota B2400. Man, it's hot in Texas already. August should be fun. ....

View my Photos
pequeajim

2000-07-21          18164

I am sorry that I did not clarify my initial post. Since this topic area is for articulated tractors, I assumed that you knew that my post asking for a wish list would be as well.

What I'm looking for is a wish list for your articulated tractor in hopes that the manufacturer's reps who read these posts, will take some of the ideas and maybe incorporate them into their design. In fact, I plane to take the list and forward it to Steiner and Venture Products. ....

View my Photos
G in Ohio

2000-07-23          18195

Response to pequeajim 2000-07-19. The VENTRAC mower deck belt cover does not need to be lifted up when tilting the deck. There are two options: 1) Adjust the deck to a low cutting position. Tilt the deck, remove the pins(Pins can be removed first), complete the tilt and reinstall the lock pins. This can be done by accessing the pin location from the front, between the carrier and the deck. 2) If preferred the cover can easily be removed by lifting it up, giving it a slight nudge to the left and dislodging it from the hinges. All 5 VENTRAC mowers have this feature. The tach. and instrument panel are in a current evaluation/revision process. ....

View my Photos
BobA in Ohio

2000-08-01          18441

I took delivery on my Ventrac 4000 on 5/12/2000 with a 60" mower, Dozer Blade and Slip Scoop. I couldn't be happier with it or the dealer that I purchased it through. On my wish list is a PTO for the 3-point hitch and maybe a log splitter that would work off of the Hydrualics on the 3-point. I would also like some kind of warning/safety light kit to add to the unit for when on the road or working near the road. It looks like Ohio maybe requiring lights on all compact tractors as they have on the big boys for road travel now. ....

View my Photos
william

2000-08-01          18453

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO ASK A DUMB QUESTION. WHAT IS A VENTRAC 4000? ....

View my Photos
Ricky

2000-08-01          18462

BOB A In Ohio, What engine did you get in your Ventrac?

William, The Ventrac is a All Wheel Drive Articulated Tractor w/ front mounted attachments. Visit Ventrac's Website at www.venturepro.com

Link:   Venture Products

View my Photos
BobA in Ohio

2000-08-02          18467

For William,
My unit has the 24hp Kubota gas engine in it. It has plenty of power for me and my uses. I thought long and hard about the diesels but decided to go with the gas because of all of my other tools use gas and diesel is not readily available near my home. The unit was a dealer demo and when it was demonstrated at my home, the dealer had a 72" mower on it and it performed very well in tall grass. I figured it would be fine with the 60" mower which is all I needed. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login