Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farmall tractor how to determine model

View my Photos
kpackk
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-12-27          185781

New here how are y'all .Really don't know what I have it was my fathers tractor and he died about 6 months ago he could start it and run it my brother saw him start it he said it had several tricks to get it started . We are going to sell it we will list it locally or on the Here I don't have a clue what to ask for it or know the year or anything . There was a tag bradded on it the numbers were
Is there any other place I could look for any other numbers any help would be thankful . The tractor is in Cameron tx.
New here how are y'all  .Really don't know what I have it was my fathers tractor and he died about 6 months ago he could start it and run it my brother saw him start it he said it had several tricks to get it started . We are going to sell it we will list it locally or on the Here I don't have a clue what to ask for it or know the year or anything . There was a tag bradded on it the numbers were <br>
74669<br>
1815<br>
Is there any other place I could look for any other numbers any help would be thankful . The tractor is in Cameron tx.<br>
[p]http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/kpack1234/E72481D9-5FD3-46B9-95DA-A89281607C9C-1563-0000030871F62216.jpg[/p]<br>

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
tpulley

2012-12-27          185783

While I am not an expert, it looks like an M or an H to me.

I tried zooming in to the left and right sides near the rear wheels. The brake drum or disc is there. This will help identify it. My initial think is its an H. ....

View my Photos
kpackk

2012-12-27          185786

Thank you are these pretty common tractors and what year would you guess it to be . The tractor is about a hour away from me but I can get my nephew to take more pictures. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-12-27          185787

Your tractor is either a Farmall "C" or "Super C".
The numbers in the picture are casting code numbers, if you have a casting code book it will identify what year that particular casting was made.
They were a handy little tractor, I've had a couple of them, about 25 -27 horsepower, I think.
It may be of more value as salvage than as a useable tractor.
I don't know how many were built but there are a lot of them left.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-12-27          185788

The "T" code means the part was cast in 1950. If that is an original part, that means the tractor is a "C". The H had a rail frame that extended to the front of the tractor.

I rebuilt the engine on a Super C and got the Fast Hitch working. Kept it a couple years and sold it. Nice tractors. Quite a few of them around when I was interested in them. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-12-27          185789

Just a couple more thoughts about your tractor.
The five digit number is the serial number. The four digit number 1815 is the high idle engine speed.
You asked about a value, the reason I mentioned salvage is the condition of the tires. Used tires are just all but non existent, they have all been used up.
A new set of four tires, tubes, and mounting would shock you. I priced a set of four for an "H" Farmall, almost the same size as for a C a couple years ago and 1,300.00 rings in my mind.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
kpackk

2012-12-27          185790

Man I thank y'all for that info daddy could start that ol tractor but I think it would take him awhile from what brother said had several tricks as all of my equipment does I may list here on Craigslist or go get it and mess with it . That's just what I need another project that I don't know anything about I sure appreciate y'all's post . ....

View my Photos
tpulley

2012-12-27          185791

Good luck with the project. I would bet you could advertise it for say $500-$750 or so and get a little more than scrap.

You could also part it out and get a lot more than scrap. I would buy it at that price if I lived closer. NC

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login