Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractorcade

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-13          171511

This isn't a commercial for anything, just an info post.
I'm not connected in any way with the radio station or any tractor club that sponsors this. The details are on WMTradio,com, they have been sponsoring these for ten years or so. They show the routes for the ride. I don't think you can join in unless you were pre regestered. I've never attended a driver's meeting, but I think they are pretty srict about alcohol, show off driving, staying in line, no passing, etc. they want to keep the sheriff happy too. I was on a tractorcade or two several years ago when fifteen or twenty tractors was a big deal, but can't participate anymore because of health reasons.
This ride is based in Decorah, Iowa and goes for three days starting this Monday the 14'th of June with nearly 600, yes 600 tractors registered to participate. There may have been bigger ones somewhere else, but I never heard of one with that many tractors. the ride goes right past our house on Monday so I plan to be in the front yard to enjoy the show. Several friends of mine are planning to be in the ride so maybe I can cheer them on their way past. Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tractorcade

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-14          171535

Pictures?

That sounds lke fun.

Tractorcade

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-06-14          171539

KT;
At one time one of the boys helped me post some pictures, but I just never caught on, guess I was born a few years too early for all this computer stuff. I did take as many pictures as I could and don't even know how to get them from the little chip thing into the computer yet.
I ended up helping our local town group by pulling a little parade wagon of mine around the grounds with the Gator giving rides to anyone who needed or wanted a ride while they stopped in groups of fifty or more for lunch. Someone donated the use of a lot of golf carts too that helped move people around.
The radio station people had things really well organized where groups of fifty or so came evey 30-45 minutes to make better use of the lunch and restrooms that our town group had set up for them in a real orderly manner.
I really don't have an actual count, but the registration numbers on the tractors went beyond 700. There were some cancellations too, but even with that there would have easily been over 600. Quite a sight, there was everything from very well done home made to factory mades of every age that would have put a showroom tractor to shame.
Our little town has a population of about 700 which would have easily tripled today with all the people who came out to see the tractors.
Frank ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-15          171554

Frank, I got cell phone with internet on it this year. Best thing that ever happened to be for emailing pictures. I snap and email it directly from the phone. No downloading, no chip to unplug and insert...made for me...simple. Like a manual transmission. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-06-15          171557

KT;
The weather for yesterday's first day of the three day ride was "Iffy", on and off drizzle. A fellow who rode a bit with me in the Gator had a cell phone with live weather radar, your's has internet, wow what next.
The last couple cell phones I've had lasted a couple years so I'm guessing the one I have now is about to go kaput on the two year pattern, so maybe the latest for me next time.
And yes, I still like manual shift's to in a pickup but my clutch leg is kinda kaput.
Rain, rain, rain, pouring here again, time for some sunshine.
Frank. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-06-16          171574

Franky it sounds like it's time to get a "hydro" (ouch) automatic trans pickup! ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-06-16          171577

EW'
I'm still a pretty basic pickup truck buyer, standard cab, work truck type, and would have loved to continued with the manual transmission but finally I gave in on the last one and do have a "Mushbox" tranny now.
After some of the other peoples leftover junk pickups I drove in the past just new and basic are all I want or need.
Now a "Hydro" on a tractor, you know better than that, I'll push the clutch with my teeth, (all seven of them), before I'll give in on that one. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-06-16          171580

Congrats on your getting 6 new teeth! I'll bet you're a real hit now wit da ladies, eh? ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-06-16          171583

EW;
Now I've always been a hit " WIT DA" ladies, you know like fine wine just I keep gerting better. Now re learning to whisle was another matter, I'm still a bit out of tune. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-06-16          171589

EW, the difference between Frank and people like you and me is we may get older but he is a classic. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-06-16          171592

A classic ( fill in the blank. ). Tehehehe ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-06-16          171593

Wowzer, a classic, today is our 48th' aneversery, (did I spell that right?).
The Mrs. has called me by other somewhat more colorful adjectives in the past but never a "Classic".
Maybe they'll have my picture on a postage stamp someday when they run of of dead presidents and Muppets, when first class a stamp costs six dollars. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-06-17          171604

Frank if your prefer then let me call you something no one has ever called of EW, a "Gentleman".

Can see Ole EW now, looking for the meaning.

Tractorcade

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-06-17          171619

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. You gotta have something better than THAT. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-06-17          171623

I'm having a hard time finding a cap that fits after all this.
We all have a stubborn or ornery streak in us but we all have a gentelman side too, I do try for the gentleman title now and then, not akways with success tho. ....

Tractorcade

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-06-18          171631

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 171619
Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. You gotta have something better than THAT.

Jeff this makes me think of the young lady who felt she would benefit those ladies in Nursing Home by visiting them. All went well until she told one lady I hope when I am your age I look as good as you do. To which the reply was, honnneeeyyyy you don't look that good now.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login