Go Bottom Go Bottom

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
todd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-30          118652

Todd Armentrout

Mintsprings, Va

I recently purchased a yanmar 1700 4wd from Beverage tractor in Stuarts Draft, Va. Being new to the tractor scene and having recently invested in a about 8 acres I found myself in need of a small tractor. Unfortunately I found myself with a small wallet as well. I found a package deal at Beverage which included, a tractor: yanmar 1700, single axle trailer, bush hog, grading/snow blade, boom pole and polaris 50 cc 4 wheeler for $7,100. So far everything is in great running order, drives and operates magnificently. The problem is I’m having trouble finding information on the tractor on the net. Without paying $50 and up for an owner manual I was hoping some one could point me in the right direction. I’m looking for technical info on the tractor ie., what type of fluids does the manufacturer recommend, when to change, recommended rpm’s for performing specific tasks like bush hogging, light & instrument panel description (panel is in Japanese), and what if any parts and standard maintenance items are interchangeable from American made parts or easier to find parts and what will be safe to use with this tractor. Any help, suggestions, wisdom or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Todd

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
runningbird

2005-10-30          118657

try tractor ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
roadrnner

2005-10-30          118658

by ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
cow

2005-10-30          118659

net ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-30          118660

The Yanmars of this vintage were also sold in Green paint as Deere. There is very little difference between them and say a 650 Deere. You can safely use the Deere oils, filters and some parts. There are a couple of companies on the net that supply parts.

For the Deere oil changes are at 50 hours, transmission Hydraulic oil should be 200 hours I believe. I will need to dig up my manual.

Is the PTO turning in the correct direction? I know Beverage refurbs their tractors maybe they changed the gears?

Concerning the other board; "Use at your own risk". I don't sign on there so I can not verify the data. ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
todd

2005-11-01          118773

thanks i greatly appreciate any info you can send my way. what brand of or number trans/ hydro fluid should i use and what brand/weight oil should i use? the PTO i believe turns clock wise. ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
BruceR

2005-11-02          118777

todd,
You really should try the other board mentioned above. You can't post their name here. Just go to the Yanmar board and key 1700 into the search box at the bottom of the page. Several regular poster have 1700's. Also, some of the regulars here use that board as well and can give you good advice on Yanmars. Yanmar did make lots of JD's but they are not ncessarily interchangeable and your local JD store will probably treat you like a step child if you tell them you have a gray market Yanmar.

Your 1700 is very close to my 2000B and some spec's are as follows: Normal working speed is 1800 to 2400 RPM. PTO in lowest gear at 2200 engine RPM is 540 PTO RPM which is what you want to mow with. If you don't already have an overrun clutch for the PTO, get one before you use the brush hog.
Oil change every 100 hours or annualy.
Mine has full gauges so I don't know about the lights, but manual shows left light is Temp, middle is Charge, and right is Oil Pressure.

Much more info already posted if you do a search.

Bruce

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
todd

2005-11-02          118824

thanks. greatly appreciate the advice. ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
Lamar

2005-12-03          120313

The site they are talking about it may be ok to go read on there. but if you are new they don't want you to post.only ask them thing if you post to help and you are new look out.they will come down on you hard. ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
gizmo-36

2005-12-03          120334

You got that right ,I am not going to post on there any more .they may be some good people on there ,it is the other one you have to look out for.I have been on a lot of site, but none as bad as that one. I am retired don't have to put up with those smart$$$ Kids on there. ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-08          120659

I can supply you with a YM240 operators manual for a lot less than $50. It is the closest US model. It has much of the info you are looking for. ....

help with yanmar 1700

View my Photos
GARY THOMPSON

2006-02-09          124308

WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP CALL US AT THOMPSON'S AUTO INC.
731-427-4824 IN JACKSON TN 38301 WE SALE YANMAR TRACTORS & PARTS. WE CAN GET YOU A MANUAL FOR YOUR 1700. COST IS ABOUT 30.00 PLUS POSTAGE.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login