Go Bottom Go Bottom

Premium membership

View my Photos
vpaulis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-11          70815

I have seen mentioned by DennisCTB that all memberships expire on Dec. 31. Does this mean that if I upgrade to premium membership today, it will expire the end of this month (Dec. 31)?

Is the premium membership worth it? I am interested in upgrading, but would like some feedback on these questions.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Premium membership

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-11          70816

I figure the question should not be "Is it worth it?" I think it should be more like "How much time, effort, and expense can I save in for $20 a year?".

I would think if you saved a single visit to the dealer once every 5 years you would still be finacially ahaed of the game.

Best of luck. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-11          70817

For me the premium membership is well worth the money. For $20 you get education, support, and entertainment. Money well spent IMHO. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-11          70822

I would echo everyone else's responses. There are a lot of folks who have similar equipment and it sure is nice to be able to post a question or ask advice and get so many replies from people who actually use the equipment and even sell/service the equipment. The entertainment factor is icing on the cake! ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-11          70824

I probably missed reading it somewhere but I was not aware that all memberships expire on 31 December. Where was this information posted? Regardless, it is money well spent here! ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-11          70826

I was just looking at the benefits of the premium membership and they are:
Premium Membership is $19.98 for a 12 Month Membership
Your Premium Membership Features are:

Ability to Read Full Thread Version.
View and Respond to our CLASSIFIED Ads.
Post, add and delete photos on your own TractorPoint Photo Album Page.

Email Alert Service sends full Thread of Replys to Your Post.

Enables Dealers to Post a Dealer listing.

Fastest load time -- NO LinkExchange banners anywhere

It says 12 month membership so I would say it is for a full year. I agree it is money well spent. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
44trxfun

2003-12-11          70828

I assumed (and I know I shouldn't) that a membership good for 12 months lasted that long, regardless of whether I signed up in January or September. If that's not the case, it probably should be stated clearly/explicitly so buyers know what they're buying.

That said, if my membership (purchased in September) really does expire at the end of December (3 months, not 12), I will re-up. This is one of the best sources of tractor info I've found. I appreciate the help from everyone! ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
StephenR

2003-12-11          70829

I just joined and asked Dennis if it was 12months or until the end of the year. He said it was a full 12months. I think originally it was going to be until the end of the year, but I guess he changed it. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
vpaulis

2003-12-11          70836

Thanks for the input! I just upgraded my membership so I can finally read what all of you are saying. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-11          70840

As a fellow newbee, let me say Welcome. I joined a couple of weeks ago and let me say this, I had been an unregistered reader for quite a while, reading what I could and getting the jist of what was being said, But I decided to join when the Misses said it was time to get a tractor. In the first 24 hours I figure the knowledge and feedback I received had already saved me $1000's. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
murphyg

2003-12-11          70842

I want to stay a member just to see if Art White ever says anything good about John Deere. It will probably be a cold day, but...

The forum is great, the knowledge is amazing and very useful. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-11          70844

Maybe Art had a traumatic experience with a green machine when he was little!!!! My traumatic experience with a dealer has made me dislike the green machine to the point that I would probably never buy one. It's amazing the affect dealers can have on someone. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
StephenR

2003-12-11          70846

Wbowhunt,
Wow! A wife that said it was time to get a tractor! Don't say that too loudly around here. Everyone will hate you. Just kidding.
I recently joined the premium membership too. Alot of good info and camaraderie. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-11          70848

Yeah, dealers have an amazing impact. I was turned off to kubota by the first kubota dealer I spoke with. They were truly awful. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-11          70850

I agree about the dealer thing. Initially I was really put off by the local John Deere dealer........that was until I visited the New Holland and Kubota dealer. I didn't think the John Deere dealer was so bad after that. All three dealers went out of business and later on an Army buddy sold me first a used Kubota from the same John Deere dealer but was under new management and later on my 4410. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-12-11          70857

Membership is for 12 months from when you sign up. We had some early discussion on a Dec 31 expiration for all members, but that was mostly software driven, and that has been resolved now.

I am glad that all of you are reaping benefits from TractorPoint, we have been running the site since 1998, and I learn something new every day.

DennisCTB
TractorPoint.com
jPlan Developers

Premium membership

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-11          70858

Dennis, would it be possible to add the renewal date to our profiles? ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-11          70862

That is an excellent idea Ken! I second that! I forgot my renewal date......damn CRS! ;-) ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-11          70867

What about an e-mail reminder? Then just include a link to re-up the membership. Of course this is me looking for the easy way and not the one who would have to program that!!! ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-11          70868

I can't remember my renewal date either - there's lots of CRS going around. If there are any security considerations with putting the date in the profile (I can't think of any, but maybe some would object to it) you could display it only when somebody clicks on myProfile and not when others are displaying it.

Premium membership

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-11          70905

Sorry guys but nothing tramatic! I did grow up in the industry and have seen a lot of things. I do admire JD's marketing team! Otherwise they have had some good dealers that have enjoyed the success of the marketing. We have had the opertunity to sell their equipment in the past but declined. Nobody can be the best of everything to everybody, I'm sorry Murph. We don't sell just one brand as everyone is different. Between the Cadet's, Farmall's and Bota's I feel we offer a well rounded line-up with flexibility for the buyer. Knowing what goes on in our dealerships I prefer the Kubota's for the best value to the customer. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-12          70918

StephenR In reply to your
Wow! A wife that said it was time to get a tractor! Don't say that too loudly around here. Everyone will hate you. Just kidding.
My wife told me this morning "that as some guys get older they get a Corvette" I think she is telling me I am having a mid life crisis.
With that suggestion to get a tractor, came a very very very long Honey do list and she keeps talking about all things that we can get done.
Which I really don't mind any of, as long as I get to play on my Tractor ( That is once I get it ) ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-12          70923

Dennis, just out of curiosity; how many members are there in Tractor Point now? Seems like there have been alot of new folks lately. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
StephenR

2003-12-12          70926

Wbowhunt,
Then it's a win win situation. Good for you.
Here is my 2 cents. I am a traditional kind of guy. I heat my home with wood. Don't like using AC. Like my 5 speed pick-up and don't like pretentious people. With that said, I love having a hydrostatic drive tractor. I had a JD1050 (gear) for a short time, which is a great tractor, but I just picked up a NH TC33D. I got to really use it in the past snow storm. It was great! I don't think I would want to go back to gear, especially for loader work. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
murphyg

2003-12-12          70931

Art, you don't have to be sorry. I love the energy you add to this forum. I have been green for 20 years, but I am pretty sure I am going to turn Bota Orange. I have been comparing the X series, 2210 and the BX family and for my needs the BX seems to be the best price for the quality and performance. The advise and information you and many others brings to this forum is priceless. Thanks ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-12          70941

I do sell all of the brands we have available I just like to see people getting the most for there money. I try to live by the rule to treat people the way I want to be treated. I do want to know what is the best even full well knowing it might not fit my needs perfectly. Then I can divide myself as to what I can handle. There are many things that come into the sales process and I believe knowledge of the products should be one of the most important parts. ....

Premium membership

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-12          70946

I heartily second murphyg's above post, although I will be keeping my 4410. ;-) I have been looking at some orange ZTR mowers and keep going back and forth between the ZD28 and the John Deere 777. I prefer diesel but John Deere has yet to make one. I and some others tease Art about the John Deere thing but I do this in good natured jest and certainly hope it is taken in the good natured spirit it is done with. I have had both Green and Orange and would not be one bit disappointed with either. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login