Go Bottom Go Bottom

Site technical errors

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-22          64586

Is any one else experienceing all of the technical difficulties here that I am. About half the time I bring up the site on the discussions page it loads normally. The other half of the time It displays parts of the last posters statement instead of the name of the strand. The main page always loads properly. Also a lot of times I try to respond and I get the I'm not a member screen. I have to back up and do it again. The same on links. If I click some of the links I get a message that says That forum page is not available and the whole thing starts to reload on top of itself in a windows format. Do I just need to kick my computer Dennis or does the driver need a drop kick through the goal post of life ? Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Site technical errors

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-22          64595

I am also not getting email notices when others respond to a post. I get them when I do but not from anyone else. Dave ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-23          64606

I've experienced this sort of problem occasionally but not for some time now. Dennis could say if JAVA is used on the site and which editions are compatible. The JAVA that came with an older browser could be the problem. High browser security settings or third-party security software could do it as well. ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-09-24          64789

Misenplace -

I had to chuckle abit when I read your posting - not at you, but rather at the fact that I was ready to broadside my PC as well just a few seconds ago. I have to ask the question... HAS ANYBODY SEEN MY COOKIES ??? LOL

It seems that no matter what I do, my cookies are lost, I have the latest java software platform, the latest server browser, as well as my security set to accept...infact, I get a message after the umpteenth login time, that the cookies have been set, still no cookies - usually. Along with this, I post a message with the active message/email posting enabled, only to very infrequently attain an email notification. Hmmm, maybe I should change my cookie dough!
LOL
- Willie H. ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-25          64800

Yeah I have no idea what the heck is going on. This is the only site I am have trouble with. Everytime I log on theres just a jumble of partial sentences etc and then if I click a topic then use the back back sometimes it loads properly. So I gues we both need a new dough recipe or maybe I just have too many chips in the chocoalte chip batter. :( Either way its getting to be a real pain. In fact I never even got notification that there were responses to this strand. Dave ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-09-25          64813

Misenplace -

I'm in the same boat. I just happened across your reply. So much for email notifications...even when enabled. Dennis what can we do here?

- Willie H. ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-25          64831

Now I'm not receiveing copys od my own posts ( not that I need them ) that is the opposite of what was happening before. Also I when I get to the site the main page is right but when I get on the forum page Its not loade properly. On the right where people post I see sentence fragements instead of strand titles. I used to click on any one then use the back button to load it properly. Thats not workin today. Dave ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-25          64835

Thanx Dennis. I think I just got more than my $20 worth ! Can you rub some of that customer service work off on the people I need to do buisiness with ? Thanx again. dave ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-09-25          64836

Dennis-

Now I am back to NOT receiving notifications again. What's more, is that earlier today, my replies were located on page two of this post, with comments back to you as well. Now, those posts are no longer shown, page two does'nt exist, and again my email notifications don't come thru.

What is happening here? I can see that if you decided to remove your responses to our inquiries, it would shrink the page volume, and ultimately downsize to only one page, but should that have had an effect on receiving email's? I would not think so, but...?

- Willie H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Willie, I deleted all the test related posts. I will test it again then afte I hear from you I will delete the test post OK?
Dennis ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-25          64854

Is everyone working now > ? I'mmm baaack ! lol. Dave ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-09-25          64856

Hi Dennis -

I hate to be the bearor of bad news...but, I did not receive it.

- Willie H. ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-09-25          64857

Dennis -

Started to do some detective work for you. After I posted my reply to you, of the "no" variety, I had the screen that tells me that I posted successfully. On that screen , there is a check to view posting executable. Only after I clicked on it, did the/does the email notification get generated. Coincidence or food for thought?

- Willie H. ....

Site technical errors

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-09-30          65186

Hi Dennis -

Just an FYI for you, I ma still not receiving any email notifications. Last week, I could get it to happen, maybe by coincidence, by clicking on the "click here to view your post" tab, however that has failed now too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The cookies have been updated about five times now with the latest browser, and medium security settings, as it has been right along.
Thanks,

- Willie H. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login