Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Unanswered Question Box

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-14          63841

I have added a new feature to the right side block which lists all questions in the last four months that have gone unanswered.

Once again a big thankyou goes out to Harvey on this one. Great idea!

Dennis
TractorPoint

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-14          63843

That's a great feature! We'll all have to be sure not to reply with not-very-helpful answers until a substantive response has been posted first. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2003-09-14          63849

Who's Harvey? The invisible rabbit? Sounds like my suggestion.
What about the other question of spec tables? I can collect the data if everyone helps. I would provide you with a list of data needed if possible and you can send it on your tractor. I would prefer the data from manuals if possible. What format is best for you Dennis? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-09-14          63851

Peters, count me in on the spec thing. I can provide all specs for the JD 4310 and have all the service and parts manuals as well. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2003-09-14          63854

I have the JD 755-955 manual and the 60, 70 and 70 A loaders. I was thinking of adding common FELs as that is the way most tractors are purchased. It would also give us a leg up on anything on the web.
Ken do you have the 419 specs too? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-09-14          63855

No, but I have the 430 specs. I'm pretty sure most folks here will contribute the specs of their machines when known. It sure would be a great feature to add to tractorpoint. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-09-14          63861

Peters,

I know you had this idea on specs a long time ago. I spent some time last week working on the 2003 4wd hydro models of Deere,Kubota and NH.

I will send each of you a copy and you can give me some feedback, it will be in an Excel spreadheet.

Dennis
TractorPoint

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-09-14          63866

Peters,

whoooops! Sorry for the oversight, yeah not Harvey on this one, thanks for your thoughtful idea!!

Dennis

View my Photos
harvey

2003-09-15          63877

Peters I was scratching my head too. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-09-15          63994

Dennis, since some of the posts in the new unanswered questions box have several replies I am curious how the system determines when a question remains unanswered. For example, there's a post that's entitled "Kohler engine vs. B&S for riders" that has at three follow-ups yet it shows up as unanswered. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-09-16          64005

It is based on Subject, and yes I have a bug in the way "&" is handled that I have to fix. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-16          64012

Speaking of bugs...... The other day I signed in as 'mark' instead of 'Mark' and I could not edit a post.

Every thing else worked. I could post to an existing thread or start a new one, but I couldn't get the edit screen.

I erased all my cookies and signed back in and got the edit to work. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-09-17          64125

Mark,

I have corrected this so that we will no longer allow Userids to be typed in a different case than how you registered your Userid.

Thanks for letting me know!

Dennis
TractorPoint

View my Photos
Peters

2003-09-17          64208

Well Mark I always assume that you use lower case for email and sign ins etc. Naturally I have never been able to edit posts until today. Thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login