Go Bottom Go Bottom

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-06          56817

After 21 years, I am hanging my hat up and officially retiring from the U.S. Army 21 years to the day that I signed up and an the anniversary of D Day. Retirement to be effective 6 June 2003 11:59:59 plus one second. ;o) Guess I may have to figure up another handle cause I now €hieƒ™ retired. I have my party hat on the those little rolled up thing you blow into and they pop out about 2 feet and make a honking noise. The Capt. Morgan is on the schedule for tonight! Cheers!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
F350Lawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-06          56820

Congratulations and thank you for your service.

While I am sure you are very happy I also know it a little tough to leave something that you have been doing your entire life. Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy retirement or whatever else you choose to do.

I retired from the NYPD 2 years ago and while I miss some things I wouldn't go back :) ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-06          56824

I think I realize EXACTLY how you feel. <;o) ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-06-06          56825

Congratulations on the retirement. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-06-06          56826

Congratulations! And, thank you for your service to our great country. What are your plans now?

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
DeTwang
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-06          56828

Congratulations Chief, and as others have said, thanks for your service.

I sometimes wish I'd have stayed in the Marines, but I was unhappy with the military life then. Probably would appreciate the military lifestyle a lot more now. I would definitley enjoy those reirement checks. I would have been 8 years into them now.

My nephew is in the Navy (is on the ship that fired the first Cruise Missle at Saddam to kick off the war), I've about half got him convinced to stay in, at the very least in the reserves.

It felt wierd walking off the base after four years. I can't imagine what it would feel like after 21. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
E9-livin

2003-06-06          56846

Chief, don't change your handle, once a chief always a Chief, that cannot be taken away from you (unless you discrace the title). From a Air Force Chief. I know it is not the same, but still the title is Chief. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-06          56848

For the time being, I am playing Mr. Mom. The wife just got a job and I am watching the kids for the summer and maybe longer. Doing a little firewood/grass cutting/landscaping business on the side when I can. Catching up on projects around the house. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-06          56853

I may just do that. You stll working up at TACOM? ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Billy

2003-06-06          56854

Congrats Chief. SALUTE ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
momeyer

2003-06-06          56857

Well done, Chieftain! Did 28 myself in the green, baggy skin. Would do it all over again if I could do it the same way, but alas, those days are past. Now you'll have to make a decision first thing in the morning, "What do I wear, today"?

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
E9-livin

2003-06-06          56859

You bet, if you ever get up this way stop in and I will show you around. I just got back from a TDY to Gerunsey Wo. did some work at the Guard unit there. That is one nice place. I sent you a PM. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-06          56864

momeyer, that is a true statemtent! LOL! That and which machine to play with......... the 4410 or the F525. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-06          56868

Steve, would love to get the grand tour. If I am up your way, I will get you a call. I wanted to stop in and thank the HUMWVEE tires guys for their help in releasing tires for the Apache Blade Trailer project aw well. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
momeyer

2003-06-06          56881

Chief, played with a 4300 I bought in 2001. Thought I needed MORE POWER! and traded for a new 4610 w/ FEL and iMatch 3pt (was just delivered this past Saturday). Great tractor, just haven't been able to do anything with it in all this rain. The window of opportunity for my hay field is past. Hopefully it will dry out by the end of next week. Ever get to MO, give me a shout. Don't have the CPT Morgan, but do have Crown Royal. Regards and congratulations. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-06          56883

My father is having the same problem getting his soy beans & corn in right now. Ground is still too wet and it is getting late in the planting season. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
Murf

2003-06-06          56885

Chief, sincerest congrats on a long, proud, succesful hitch. Job well done.

I'm not sure "as you were" is quite appropriate since you probably have trouble remembering what it was like before, but certainly you deserve to "stand easy".

Enjoy the rest of the ride.....

Best of luck. ....

Today is the Big Day

View my Photos
E9-livin

2003-06-06          56972

Chief the Team Tire people are right around the corner from me, I walk past their section to get to the Construction Group where I work. i am on the Wheeled Loaders Team. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login