Go Bottom Go Bottom

forum

View my Photos
james mills
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-21          31125

anyone else find that when they click off of jplan there is a 1 to 5 minute wait before their browser is ready to accept another web site? i really appreciate the info i get here, but it is getting anoying. am i alone on this or do some of you find the same situation? i come here at least once a day to post and read so help me find out if it is my gateway or a common problem, thanks. james

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

forum

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-08-21          31126

James, I have a Gateway computer too and I have no such problems. ....

forum

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-08-21          31131

James, I would have to think it is an internal problem with your system, I have never had a problem like you describe and I come here twice a day, morning and night. Mark ....

forum

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-08-21          31136

I don't seem to have that problem. ....

forum

View my Photos
Terry Senay

2001-08-21          31138

Art, I access JPLAN from both home and work. I have never had to wait longer than a minute to get a response. At home I get a maximum of 26.4 bps. At work, our workstations access the corporate network at 100mbs (work for WorldCom, got big pipes!!!). It is probably something to do with your workstation configuration. I'm no PC guru, however, I try to install all the latest patches from Microsoft and for your virus software. Matter of fact, look at how you have your virus software configured. Hmmm, as a matter of fact, are you using McAfee Firewall. If you are, deactivate it. It is a real hog!!! Terry ....

forum

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2001-08-21          31145

I would look into getting a different ISP, as your current provider may not have a very good connection to the internet. I have three different providers that I test against for the jplan site when I develop the web pages here. Your response time should be measured in seconds in all cases not minutes, even if you are on a dialup connection instead of a Lan connection. ....

forum

View my Photos
ALAN

2001-08-21          31151

I have a Gateway and I do have the same problem at work. I can't recall if I do at home though. My home computer is not a Gateway. So the question still remains, is it the website or is it the Gateway? ....

forum

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2001-08-21          31155

Alan and James, please help me understand your problem more fully. I initially interpreted the issue as slow response time for all jplan pages. Are you both in fact saying that response time at jplan is OK but that when you want to go to another site that your Browser Hangs for a couple of minutes before another site will come up??
If that is the case what browser and version number are you using??

What Operating System and service pack??
What ISP ? What jplan page are you on when this happens?? Appreciate your feedback. ....

forum

View my Photos
Mickey Grider

2001-08-21          31162

i am on aol and my problem is only after i leave jplan. it takes my browser some time to clear and let me go to another site. some times i have to go into programs and call up internt explorer once or twice before i can access another site. ....

forum

View my Photos
Mickey Grider

2001-08-21          31163

see how this might be a problem because the last post attributed to micky grider was one i typed ....

forum

View my Photos
james mills

2001-08-21          31164

hello this and the last two were by james mills ....

forum

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2001-08-22          31173

James please let me know what version of IE you are running, is it a AOL mutant version? That is was it shipped with your AOL installation CD?
Any AOL based users please let me know if you are OK or have the same problem. AOL Browsers have specific flaws that can effect browsing behavior. ....

forum

View my Photos
james mills

2001-08-22          31176

it appears my IE is a version from mass ed net, a low cost service for mass teachers, and not a gateway or aol version. strange that last night two of my posts came on under someonelses name. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login