Go Bottom Go Bottom

new java window

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-22          20744

I like having the new message window so I can easily re-read a post while writing a response. The window probably is Java based and may be presenting some problems for Netscape 4.7. Netscape hung on me once and then wouldn't access any site until Windows was re-loaded. I'm not sure I can make a reply using Netscape. I am unable to make entries in the response form, and for some reason, my browser 'view' was reset several times.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

new java window

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-10-22          20747

I am working on fixing the Netscape issue, I have fixed some of it. You should be able to post now. I am working to resolve the removal of the menu buttons in the Parent Page. The IE version seems to be working fine. If you can please use IE for until this is resolved. ....

new java window

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-10-22          20748

I believe the Netscape Posting and UI issue have been resolved. Let me know if you are still experiencing problems.

new java window

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-10-22          20758

I like the new window. It is certainly faster. I am running Netscape 4.7. The only small problem I have noted is that the link to messages I have already read no longer changes color. Not much of a problem as long as my memory holds out. It is great to be able to see the post you are replying to. ....

new java window

View my Photos
kay

2000-10-22          20769

Please, bring back the good 'ol days. This is no faster, and a small window, and the 'back' button on the mouse does not take one back (have to X to close the window) and the 'read' messages are not highlighted. There must be some plusses somewhere, but I don't find them. Sorry, but my two cents of whine, whine. ....

new java window

View my Photos
Jim Youtz

2000-10-23          20780

These new windows load LOTS faster on my system. I'm running I.E. 5.0 as a browser. ....

new java window

View my Photos
Doug Huebner

2000-10-23          20783

Works for me with Netscape 4.75 - at least it seems to work if this gets posted. I like the popup as it is much faster and I do not have to wait for the window to reload like in the past when you go back to the list. I have a 1 megabyte interface] ....

new java window

View my Photos
Norm

2000-10-23          20787

It certainly is faster. I would like to see two things: 1) a bigger window and/or the ability to resize and 2) change the color of the hotlink so that I can determine the last posting I previously looked at - I use the color of the link rather than date/time to get a quick visual indicator of what I already reviewed. ....

new java window

View my Photos
Griz

2000-10-23          20795

I don't like it because of the way I surf. I go through a message board and open every thread I want to read in a new window. Then, the new windows can be loading while I am reading, I never have to wait at all...

With the new pop-up window, every thread opens in the same pop-up window and I have to wait for it to load before I can read :(

Also, the unresizeable feature is pretty painful.

new java window

View my Photos
tom

2000-10-23          20808

I like the separate window, but I too would like to control the window size.
tom ....

new java window

View my Photos
mbjacobs

2000-10-23          20817

Gee guys, maybe you should trade-in your PC's for Macs. I can resize the new windows on my machine. ....

new java window

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-10-23          20819

Maybe I don't understand all this, but I can resize the windows to whatever I want on my old IBM PC. ....

new java window

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2000-10-23          20820

Bird,
I am just too responsive to user needs, I just changed the message windows to be resizable a couple of minutes ago. So it is nothing to do with your machine, everyone should now be able to make em the size they want.

new java window

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-10-23          20821

OK, I guess I just hadn't tried resizing to learn it didn't work until I read the other messages and tried it a few minutes ago. ....

new java window

View my Photos
jim moore

2000-10-24          20833

Thanks WEBMASTER. The BIG window is sooo much better jim ....

new java window

View my Photos
TomG

2000-10-25          20852

Still can't Netscape 4.7 to work. However, if somebody has NS 4.75 working, then I guess that's a message that I should update my software. Such a pain, the best speed I can get on these country phone lines is 28.8. Oh well, maybe I'll bite the bullet and order the CD.

Just a minor note: When I reply using IE, the 'back' list is reset. I can't just reload the day’s messages to where I was by clicking on the page in the back list. I have to reload from the whole list and then page down to where I was.

new java window

View my Photos
TomG

2000-10-25          20855

Just a further note on my 'back list' problem: I am now retaining a back list just a few minutes after making the above post. However, I go back to the single message list rather than the threaded list. Good chance that I should just read the documentation and my minor problems will vanish.

I am having some funny things happening this morning. I just hit 'backspace' rapidly several times, because I butchered a phrase with my semi-touch keyboarding. I ended up 'back' a page, and when I clicked on 'forward,' I got a 'your message was posted' screen. Unnerving, but fun I guess. Suppose I'm entertained easily in the morning though.

new java window

View my Photos
mbjacobs

2000-10-26          20910

Mack - I have a 56k modem that usually connects at 44k, 72meg of RAM and I'm running the latest version of Netscape. My problem is I'd rather spend money on toys for my tractor, especially since most sites I visit load in a reasonable time. Don't you wish computers were like tractors - once you buy one it's good for 50-60 years?

new java window

View my Photos
MikeC

2000-10-27          20951

Webmaster, take a look at my last three posts on Maintenance/Diesel coolant temperature. I sent the first post, then disconnected my dial-up connection leaving the "sucessfully posted" page displayed. After dinner, I started a redial by clicking on the refresh button (IE 5.0). I got a poor connection speed, so I disconnected then hit refresh again to redial. When I went back to the "Diesel coolant temperature" thread, I noticed that the same message was posted three times! It looks like the last two corresponded to my last two dialups. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login