Go Bottom Go Bottom

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-04          127187

Dennis, have you changed anything lately???

Anyone else having problems with pages loading crazy? I was looking at the Dell computer thread. The words on the right side of the very first post are covered with ads and Jump to. This is with IE 6.

It's even worse using Firefox 1.5. Which is my favorite browser. With Firefox, the words go all the way across the screen and out into the pasture. The ads are in the middle of the first post, completely covering words.

Thanks
Billy

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-04          127192

How would what Dennis did to this site affect your viewing on other sites...Just asking. Try rebooting and see if maybe your graphics driver didn't load correctly the first time. ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-04          127202

Billy,

Make sure you are accessing the site from the Tractorpoint.com domain. Tell me if you have problems when you visit the the Dell thread.

Dennis ....

Link:   Dell Thread

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
Billy

2006-04-04          127210

Dennis, I'm accessing by way of Tractorpoint.com. I took a screen shot and posted as pic #8. It seems to only happen with the first page of that thread.

Billy ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-04-04          127211

Billy,

I see your screenshot, although no one else can, as there seems to be somehting wrong with your photo album.

Looks like you have your display set to a very low resolution. Do you have the ability to pick a higher resolution? I am just curious what happens.

I cannot replicate the overlap you see on my hardware. I don't have Firefox either. I'll try that tomorrow. Thnaks for taking the time to let me know.

Dennis

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
Billy

2006-04-04          127221

Dennis, look at pic #9. This is with 1024 by 768. I don't think it's a big deal since this is the only thread I've noticed it on. I use 800 by 600 cause it's easier on my not so good eyes.

Billy ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-04-04          127223

For what it's worth I'm seeing the same problem as Billy on that thread. It's not a recent problem though, I've seen it now and then for months. ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-05          127231

Are you guys using Dennis' system as a virtual network???? I click on the Dell link and get nothing. Why are you accessing thru Tractorpoint.com and not accessing the site direct?? curious? ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-04-05          127238

WW what url (address) are you using. The correct domain should always be http://tractorpoint.com ?

Dennis
Tractorpoint.com ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-05          127241

Dennis

Yeah! I access this site using tractorpoint.com but when I usually click on a link, I will leave the domain and enter the domain of the link. I am interested in what you all are talking about, how are you accessing a doamin using another domain as Host? At leas that is what I am understanding it to be.
When I am here in my address bar it is ver clearly tractorpoint.com now if I click on any link on this page, such as John Deere at the top of your page, it goes directly to johndeere.com ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
Billy

2006-04-05          127242

WW, we are talking about a thread here at TP called "Has anyone purchased a Dell computer lately?".

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
s chrand

2006-04-05          127243

FWIW, I've seen the same thing from time to time. The text box for the posts will stretch out under the ads, making them unreadable. In the 'dell' thread, it's only on the first page, and it appears to be due to the second post in the thread that has a very long url listed that will look to the browser like one long word that can't be broken to allow the text to wrap. I'm also using firefox as my browser.
david ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-05          127244

Billy

Thanks, I thought we were talking about the thread and to Dell that was in the first post.. I just read it again and had another 3 cups of coffee and now I understand it as the tractorpoint site is all screwy on his screen and not the LINK going to the Dell Site..... I read it wrong.... Whoops! I thought there was some new Technology out I hadn't read about yet and was ready to learn.. LOL ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-04-05          127245

I deleted the oversize word from Wingwipers post and the symptoms of the problem are solved. Funny with my version of IE 6.0.29 the page rendered properly with the long word wrapped.

Under FireFox it did not wrap. ....

Viewing Problem

View my Photos
Billy

2006-04-05          127248

Thanks Dennis ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login