Go Bottom Go Bottom

Web Site Change

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-06          101713

I usually sign on to this site from work at www.tractorpoint.com. Now I can only access it through
http://jplan.com/cgi-bin/tractor/homepage.pl web site address. (I had to do a google search to access it.) Does anyone know why this would be the case? At home I can still access through the www.tractorpoint.com address.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Web Site Change

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-06          101717

There has been no change to the site. Don't know who you work for but if it is a big Co. sometimes they block sites that they know are not being used for "business purposes".

jplan.com is also my domain for my jPlan Developers business, it also can be used to get to the site as it was used in the old days of "The Compact Tractor Board in 1998, and I keep it up so we don't lose any links from search engines.

Another possibility is that the name servers that your company has access to were having a bad day and may eventually get updated.

Another could be that you typed https instead of http, that won't work, not typing http is fine too.

Let me know if it clears up for you. ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-12-06          101723

Thanks for the response Dennis, I have the feeling the website was blocked. (I didn't type https.) But I'll wait and see - maybe name servers were having a bad day. ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
JimP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-06          101725

ncrunch32 - I think they are blocking us from work now, since I cannot get to either Tractorpoint or the Miller welding site from work any more. I guess we both must have been visiting too much... ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
dsg

2004-12-07          101778

Guess you should have been working at work?

David ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-12-12          102144

Dsg, better to be at Tractorpoint than many of the other web sites that people at work frequent. :) ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-12          102145

Are you still blocked? ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-12-12          102147

Hi Dennis, yes I was still blocked as of Friday. JimP above says he was blocked also. Could be that new policies are going into effect. Maybe viewing sites is OK but posting is monitored for security reasons. I find it curious because everything else on the net is wide open and accessible from work. My friends at work have never had anything blocked. ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-22          102759

ncrunch32,

I made a few changes, let me know if you can get on from work now.

Thanks,
Dennis ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
JimP

2004-12-22          102761

Hi Dennis - whatever you did seems to work, at least from my dynamic VPN at home (goes thru nameservers and firewall at work). I'm off until after the the New Year, so I won't be able to check from work if it works. What did you do? Just curious what the cause was. Feel free to e-mail me offline if you don't want to bore everyone else with the details. ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-12-23          102783

Dennis - Like JimP I won't be on site until after new year. I will try going through the VPN connection from home when I get a chance, I suspect I will get the same good results as JimP. Wow, I really appreciate your effort on this! ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
JimP

2005-01-04          103421

Hi Dennis - things seem to be working from my hardwire at work now also. Thanks for your support in resolving this. ....

Web Site Change

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-01-04          103461

Ditto. Dennis, like JimP I was able to get to the site from work today. Thanks for your effort on this! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login