Go Bottom Go Bottom

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
quincy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-20          74552

I WANT TO EQUIP MY 2210 W A SET OF TIRES FOR WORKING OUT IN THE WOODS,TURF TIRES DONT CUT IT WHEN IT IS SWAMPY. I WAS LOOKING AT SOME OF THE CARLISLE BIG BITTERS, BUT THEY DONT MAKE THEM FOR A 8.5" RIM (WHICH ARE THE FRONTS). THEY DO MAKE THEM FOR THE 4110 WHICH SEEMS TO BE A SMIDGE BIGGER FRONT,AND A DIFFERENT MEASURING TECHNIQUE? IS THERE A PLACE I COULD GET USED OR INEXPENSIVE RIMS?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-20          74556

I think you have a 10" rim on the front of a 2210. It is probably 8.5" wide (across the beads).

The 4110 has an oddball metric bolt pattern on the front axle and I don't think the wheels will interchange with the 2210. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
quincy

2004-01-20          74558

THE TIRE SAYS 18 X 8.50 X 10, I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY FRONT TIRES THAT ARE NOT TURF. THE BACK TIRES ARE PRETTY STANDARD. MY GOAL IS TO HAVE A COMPLETE SET FOR MOST OF THE WORK I DO ONIT, AND SET IT UP WITH THE TURFS FOR MOWING. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
ScooterMagee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-20          74561

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you want to stay with the OEM tire sizes so that the circumferences match with the MFWD gearing. Otherwise you run the risk of damaging the drivetrain. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
Abbeywoods

2004-01-20          74564

Yes Scooter, mixing sizes on mfwd tractors is a no no. Check with Deere, Quincy, see what they say. If you just buy a spare set of rims that will fit the size tire you want, they may not live up to your expectations. Flotation tires were probably left off the option list for your machine for a reason, like front axle loading and bearing issues. The big tires may do more harm than good. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-20          74574

18 X 8.50 X 10 = 18 tall, 8.5 wide and mounts on a 10" rim. This is not a very common tire size and there is not a big selection of tread styles in this size.

If you went up to the next common rim size, a 12 inch rim, you won't find a tire under 20" tall.

Also don't be fooled by ATV tires as the load rating on that design is puny, far less than the tires you have. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
quincy

2004-01-21          74612

THESE DID NOT APPEAR TO BE ATV TIRES THE WEIGHT RATING MATCHED MY TURF TIRES, THE REARS 26 X 12 X12 WERE THE SAME,THEY JUST DID NOT HAVE THE FRONT SIZE OFFERED. IS THERE THAT MUCH OF A GEARING ISSUE WITH THE FRONT, THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY ALTERCATION IF THE LUG PATTERN WOULD LINE UP.I THINK I ATTACHED A LINK TO CR TIRES? ....

Picture Link
Parts and Repair TRACTOR TIRES

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
Abbeywoods

2004-01-21          74615

Some time ago, TomG wrote a very complete explanation regarding the issue of dissimilar sizes and mfwd. His explanation, while technical, was easy to understand. You may try searching the archives for that or similar posts. Personally, I think you will end up with more of a problem than a solution by experimenting with sizes other than those offered by the manufacturer, and it could cost you to set it right afterwards. I know this sounds like a pain to do, but when I run my equipment on soggy soil I put down half inch plywood and drive over that. If the area you are working is small, it may help. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-21          74622

The relative tire sizes MUST be matched or you risk damage to the drive train.

Right now you have an 18 inch front tire matched to a 26 inch rear. If you found a 21 inch tall front tire you wanted you would have to change to a 30.5 inch tall rear tire to keep everything in sync.

I haven't looked that closely at a 2210, but most sub-compacts I have seen don't have much room under the fenders for bigger tires.

I assume CR tire = Cedar Rapids Tire? If so, I am not finding the Big Biters you are referring to. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-23          74783

To simulate a tire mismatch you can do it on yourtractor now simply by adding extra air to the front and lowering your rear air pressure. When you do that then try and engage the front axle and disengage it after driving. See what you might have on a hard surface for power as you drive. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
acerguy

2004-05-26          86975

I'm kind of wondering about similar issues. Ideally I'd like to run the turf tires on my 4100 for mowing and (with chains) for snow plowing. But I also expect to be using my tractor up in our woods which is a little hilly (although not REALLY steep) and I'm concerned about both traction and crushing too much of the undergrowth. I have an extra set of Carlisle Super Lug tires in the 26x12x12 size from my Garden Tractor. If I could only find a similar "high flotation" tire for the rear! The closest thing I've found is a "sand tire" and I doubt it's load rating is high enough. Also, while I completely agree and understand the statement about keeping the front and rear size relations the same, I seem to recall from looking through the manual that there is SOME variation as one goes from Turf to Ag to Industrial. In other words, the diameter ratio f/r does not seem to stay STRICTLY constant. Again, I don't have my manual right here so I'm going from my (somewhat faulty) memory. ....

Link:   See 1500 Var-a-Trak

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-05-26          86978

If you want, I will post a picture of a 23x8.5x12 turf on the front of a 4100/4115. There is about 1/4 inch clearance between the tire sidewall and the steering knuckle. It is as big as the machine can handle.

Short of some sort of radical custom rim there is no way a 26x12x12 will go there.

Then you have the problem of a matching rear, it would have to be 40 inches tall to maintain proper rolling ratio's. A 36 inch tire totally fills the rear wheel well on a 4100. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
acerguy

2004-05-27          86996

True there is not much room up in the front. I was figuring that IF I were to do this (and that realistically is highly unlikely) I would make a separate set of wheel spacers to go from the 4 bolt to 5 bolt pattern anyhow. But again, I view this all as hypothetical.

Anyhow, I did look up the tire recommendations for the 4010/4110/4115 (all I could find). For the 4110 the ratio of rear wheel diameter to front wheel diameter varies from 1.376 (R4's) to 1.506 (R3's). What this means is that if you back calculate using a 26" actual diameter for the front wheel you would need anywhere from a 35.8" to a 39.2" diameter rear wheel. Part of the confusion (for me anyways) is that the "23 inch" turf tire I have in front is (apparently) only 20.2" in diameter?!?!?

Oh well, I'll probably just stick with what I have anyways! ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-05-27          87005

Diameters are slippery to measure and change with load conditions. I measure circumferences and match the tires based on that.

You are right that the numbers "float" a bit, but there is a reason for that. The goal is to give the front axle some lead and anywhere between 1 and 5 percent will suffice.

My current set-up with the Firestone turfs on the front and a steel belted Mud and Snow radial on the rear gives me a +5 percent front axle lead in actual tests. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
acerguy

2004-05-27          87010

Hmm....then I'd guess I'd have to look up the actual final drive ratios to determine the amount of lead.

Fun stuff! ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
1timefarmer

2004-09-17          96710

I have been looking at new JD2210 and Massey GC2300 - both have the same sizes - 18x8.5-10 fr & 26x12-12 rr.
The JD2210 is available with turfs or R4's
The Massey is available with turfs or R1's.
R1's & R4's must both be available in these sizes. From what I have seen people post here, the R1's have better traction in wet/mud conditions, & the R4's are stiffer/tougher, but less traction in slippery conditions. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
Jason Wagner

2004-09-24          97167

I was looking for R1 tires for my X595. It uses the same tires and wheels as the 2210. I am using Titan/Carlisle Tru-Power Cat#'s 4233U1 front (18x8.50-10) and 423361 rear (26x12.00-12). If you look up the JD 2210 spec sheet it lists the R1 tires as standard and R3 and R4 tires are optional. ....

TRACTOR TIRES

View my Photos
millertire

2004-10-06          97797

Miller Tire has 18x8.50-10 tractor lug tires in stock. 800-621-1955 ....

Link:   Miller Tire

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login