Go Bottom Go Bottom

need compact tractor

View my Photos
wildman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-05          52607

I am looking for a compact tractor. 20 to 40 hp diesel or gas. It MUST have a loader. I would prefer to have a finish mower also but not required. Brand is not important either. I want to pay less than $6500 for one. All info is greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

need compact tractor

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-04-05          52637

In that price range, you should be able to get a Yanmar, Mitsubishi/Bolens or Kioti to name a few. Figure it being close to 20 years old. You would be better off with diesel 4WD. Smaller is sometiems better when it comes to these units. They will outwork an old 8N, 9N hands down. JMHO
Pacesetter ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
jerrys1

2003-04-07          52756

I've got a 1989 Deere 650 4x4 with mower and blade but no loader. I'm trying to get $5,500 and a loader will run you about another $2,000. everyone who looks at it says "i wish it had a loader.... ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
Jeff Earthwerks Unli

2003-04-09          52867

I know it's higher than your price range, but I have a 1980 "General" brand backhoe loader. It's a nice size and weight (about 6000lbs.) Has auxillary hydraulics out the side for running a jackhammer, etc. Also has 40amp 120VAC engine-driven generator, fuse box and outlet under the seat (components are there but don't know if it works--haven't needed it) Backhoe goes 10'-6" down or 12' out and the bucket is 18 wide with new teeth and holders, has a thumb for picking up rocks, trees, etc.. Loader bucket is 5-6" wide and I'm told holds about 7/8 yard. Loader bucket has new cutting edge, and I'll throw in fold-over (removable) pallet forks. It is not a toy; it is an industrial machine. 47 hp Perkins 4 cylinder, fully hydrostatic drive (new drive motor& pump and new hydraulic motor. 2 speed transfer case, 2wd, new hydraulic filters new oil change, has some leaks around piston seals, backhoe valve train rebuilt last Spring. Fits on a 15 car hauler with the hoe overhanging the tongue. Was repainted two years ago, but daily use takes it's toll! Bought a 2003 New Holland LS180 and NH TC33D and don't need it. $8500 located in SE Michigan. (I was offered $10,000 when I bought it 4 years ago and have it insured for $14,000) 734-782-2125 Will also include a large loader bucket lip extender used for picking up construction debris and brush, and for siffting large rocks over 4" and fire wood pieces. ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
wildman

2003-04-09          52890

Sounds like a good deal, but it's too big for what I need to do. I also need to be able to mow with it. Thanks anyway. ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
wildman

2003-04-09          52891

What engine does that have? Is it hydro or manual? Live pto? Where are you located? ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
Jeff Earthwerks Unli

2003-04-10          52941

Wildman: To which posting are you referring? ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
jerrys1

2003-04-10          52943

The tractor has a 2 cyl diesel engine. I believe it is rated at 18hp.Perfect for mowing, We had 4 acres of lawn.

Not hydrostatic drive, 8 speed fw and 2 reverse.

We are in Traverse City MI, about 2 hours north of Grand Rapids. ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
benfranklin

2003-04-11          52992

I would say you need about 30hpdiesel to really do the job and in 4wd. You can find these used for that price but as stated yu are looking at about 10 - 20 yrs. I've had an 8N and an HI 464 gas - bigger than my current but only 2wd - no comparison to my current diesel. Look around a lot.Guys fix these up and some are very solid. On a farm that size tractor is not used for real heavy stuff so the wear is not bad - go to some auctions too. I've picked up two others and resold that way - one JD and a Ford. Auctions are also great for implements. ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
pindinc

2003-04-17          53302

I have a Kubota B8200 with quick disconnect loader and 5 ft box scraper. It's a 4x4 with manual sterring and shifting. 9 speeds forward and 3 reverse. Only 340 original hrs and runs great. I'm upgrading to a newer tractor and would like to get $6,300 for it. I'm locate 30 miles south of Milwaukee, WI. ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
lapine

2003-04-17          53311

This must be a typo error the B7800 is the new model in 2003 and has power steering. ....

need compact tractor

View my Photos
pindinc

2003-04-18          53349

Yes, that was a typo error. It should be a B8200. Sorry about that. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login