Go Bottom Go Bottom

Impressed my wife again last night

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-19          132379

I'm a certified Blackbelt in LeanSigma so I've been trained to find and eliminate waste from processes and designs. So it is more efficient to turn the lamp off and leave the room vs going and turning on the main lights, return to shut off the lamp and then leave. So I took the more efficient route (besides being lazy).

I promptly missed the opening between the table and the upolstered chair. My right big toe nail snagged on the chair fabric while momentum carried my foot (and toe) under the chair. The net effect was my toe nail lifting up like the hood of a car. Naturally, being dark, I couldn't see this but having done it before, I knew what it felt like.

So the wife helped me bandage it up. She wasn't impressed when I commented "Ooh! Look at the blood gush out!"

Just call me Stubby.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DenisS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-19          132381

that hurts just reading it ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-19          132389

It sounds painful and humiliating. Unfortunately it also sounds like most of the 6Sig black belts I have encountered. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-07-19          132406

Interesting. My wife decided my toe nails were ugly (true enuf) and had the foot Dr remove the two largest on each foot! No pain whatsoever. My toes are now a conversation piece. Get your toe nails removed before you stub your toes!! (Unfortunately some nail roots grew back and now they are uglier than ever :) ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-07-19          132407

Oh - so now I have a hint what Lean Sigma is. I knew about 6 Sigma, quality circles, etc. But a posting at my company for a LEAN sigma job had me perplexed. Where do you get certified? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-07-20          132417

Hey, now I know why I went around putting time-outs on the lamps I use most just before bed.

In case you're not familiar with a "time-out" it is a nifty little box with a power cord and a socket in it. You plug it into the wall socket, then plug in a device, like a lamp. On the face is a pair of buttons, one small depressed on, and one larger one standing slightly proud of the surface. When you push the small button, it changes an LED number which displays the setting in minutes, from 1 to 99.

When you push the big button on the front of the box, the timer starts to count down, when it reaches zero the power shuts off. No muss, no fuss, no broken toes or blood stained carpets. LOL.

They are also really handy for things like lights in the garage or battery chargers, since you can just tap the button and walk away, knowing the power will only go for as long as you wish.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-07-20          132426

Murf,

But then there would not be this wonderful story. LOL ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-07-20          132428

Thanks Murf, but you have to be able to reach where it's located to use those timers. That's another story.

This is like the 3rd time I'm smashed this foot and will lose this toe nail. Such is life. You'd think I would learn. Normally there is enough light coming in the window that I can see. That night was cloudy.

As for 6sigma, I got certified at work. It's a useful tool if used properly. Like most quality initiatives, if there is no buy-in or it's not used properly, then it's a waste of time. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-07-20          132430

Ken,

"That night was cloudy."

Was that before are after the accident?

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-07-20          132432

Iowafun

Damn the lights, you are a real man. We do not always get a chance impress our wifes with our ability to stand pain and the sight of blood. I was always amaized as how far your toe nails or finger nails extend under the skin. Pretty good foundation. Is it any trouble getting that bandage in your shoe. This is from someone who knows. Best of luck stumpie. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-07-21          132463

It's surprisingly painless right now. Could be the Ibuprofen. No issues with getting bandage in the shoe. Shoe is very comfortable and has spacious toe room.

The blood and stuff just doesn't bother me. But I did a stint in the medical field so I've worked on cadavers and such. Nothing like spending a day with a cadaver leg and looking at your co-workers and asking "How does ribs sound tonight?" ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-07-21          132475

I think I'll fire up the grill. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login