Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
blizzard
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-28          75320

If anyone has info about practical hydraulics on the web. I'd sure appreciate the links posted.
I can 'do the math' but I need the different types of valves, controllers, and systems defined and explained.
Thanks in advance,
blizzard

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-28          75325

If you go to google and type in "Hydraulics for dummies" you will find allot of people are asking for the same thing you are. I didn't find anything by skimming over the first few pages. If you type in "basic hydraulics" you may find several books or courses. The bottom of the first page showed a CD-rom as being available.

Don't know exactly what you are looking for, maybe I can help. Are you putting a loader, BH or log splitter circuit in? Are you trying to read a hydraulic schematic diagram? ....

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-29          75350

Nothing much on the web that I'm aware of. Below are several things that might lead to hard-copy material. Well, that works for me. I'm old enough so that I still want my reference material in books.

I've seen the site below a number of times. I think the guy is trying to sell newsletters etc. Seems like a pretty good site and there some of it may be of interest there.

Other then that, I think I've mentioned the JD FOS--Hydraulics manual several times. It provides a service oriented general orientation intended for techs. It does get into various types of systems, valves etc. It's the best I've found so far but I can see myself looking for community college level texts pretty soon. I tried Amazon searches some years back but didn't come up with anything that sounded right. I did find some university texts and course outlines in general searches. ....

Link:   Hydraulics Site

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-29          75360

Bliz, I have a .pdf file (the file is about 1.2MB in size)which is the hydraulics section of a catalogue which is full of good dexcriptions of what the different pieces do.

I think I also have a few others which would be good basic info. for someone to pick up the basics. It is a real simple thing to understand once you get your head around the basics of how everything works and why.

Let me know if you want me to send any of them to you.

Best of luck. ....

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-01-29          75367

TomG,
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the symbols for reference. Now if Murf's file explains How Things Work....

Murf,
I'm really interested in the Acrobat file. Please send it to me needle_it(the at sign )yahoo.com
(This ought to give my mail program a good workout.)

yooperpete,
I'm sure once I have enough knowledge to ask 'intelligent' questions I'll take you up on yor offer... I'd like to buy/build a log splitter, 3PH boom, and maybe a grapnel or hyd. top link. But cost is an issue (:>

Thanks again to all

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-29          75383

Here's a link to a military field manual that has a lot of good tutorial type information in it. ....

Link:   Field manual

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-01-29          75392

I'd be glad to help you out in any way that I can. I'd suggest checking out local newspapers, etc. to get some used stuff or e-bay. Sometimes you can get a good deal.

As a mechanical design engineer, I can help you in the structure, etc. if time permits. On the farm, my dad made almost everything. I spent most saturday mornings with him in 3 local junk yards getting blank materials. ....

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-01-29          75402

The Field Manual is great. Plenty of learning to be done on my part now. I think it will help a lot with the files from Tom and Murf.
I hope this thread gets the attention of the 'home made' buffs, cause my previous web searches for info were spectacularly unsuccessful.
I did just find this link:

Link:   Public_Field_Manuals

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-30          75447

I downloaded the Field Manual and it looks pretty good. A lot of the info is similar to the JD FOS manual I mentioned. I'm going to print it and then I'll be able to compare it the FOS manual. My first impression is that it has more detail the FOS, which is better for me. The FOS drawings and pictures seem better. ....

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
tamanaco

2004-02-03          75852

Here is a very basic sight, but its got some other good calculators in it. http://www.machinebuilders.net/ ....

Need Hydraulics Tutorial

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-02-23          77643

Murf - I am also intrersted in that .pdf file and any other related to tractors, etc you may have lying around for easy download. Running a cable modem so no files too big.

let 'er rip

thanks -ao
I'll post email on profile page ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login