Go Bottom Go Bottom

How to add Tractor Tool box

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-04          70286

I was just checking to see if anyone has added a small toolbox to their tractor. I have a B-7800 and wanted to add a small tool box to keep a few tools in as well as a tow trap or tow chain. I really didn't want to get into any major fabrication while the tractor is still under warranty. I was thinking around getting one of those small ammo boxes and try to mount it somewhere. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-04          70295

I welded up a little bracket and bolted it to the ROPS where the factory box mounts. That way I didn't have to drill any holes. Bought a cheap plastic open-top toolbox at Lowes and bolted it to the bracket. This is on a TC29, but may give you some ideas.
It is the bottom left-hand picture at this link. Something happened to the background, now the text doesn't show up.
Bill ....

Link:   TC29 toolbox

View my Photos
n88wrl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-19          96833

I just finished my experiment - a tool box made out of a piece of 5" square PVC fence post. I painted it Kubota Orange and bolted it to the right-hand-side loader support. Check out my pictures #'s 2 and 3.

-Brian n8wrl ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-09-20          96876

Brian: that is a great solution. I going to see if I can use your idea on my 4115. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-20          96878

My 7800 came with a tool box under the seat. It isn't real big, but enough for spare pins, clips, and a few tools that I like to have with the tractor.

I assume you have already looked under the seat and are looking to add something bigger. This box is definitely not big enough for two chains. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-09-20          96880

I have a little room under the seat.... not enough to store a crescent wrench though. When I tip the seat up to keep the snow off the tools get wet.

The plastic post with a cap might work. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-09-20          96881

PVC or ABS pipe works better, then you can cement one end shut and put a screw cap on the top. Besdies, it's much stronger.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-09-20          96913

Nice job, Brian, and thanks for posting the tip. I've been looking for a good toolbox solution and that might be just the ticket. ....

View my Photos
n88wrl

2004-09-20          96917

Thanks! I figure it is a pretty cheap experiment. The square PVC post was less then $10 at lowes, add some paint and a block of wood for the base and bolts and it's done. No drilling on the tractor and easy to remove if it breaks.

-Brian ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-09-23          97072

My NH TZ24DA came with a small tool box mounted behind the seat, check out my picture #8. Brian, I too like you PVC box, that was a good idea. ....

View my Photos
iamhistory

2007-06-25          143173

I just did some trial and error with this exact dilemma today. I took a gallon size bucket and zip tied is to the left hand side of my loader brace on my B7800. I simply cut some small slits in the bottom of the bucket, zip tied it to the loader base using the factory holes and I had myself a spot for my tow chain.

Then I got to thinking about bolting, welding, etc. and decided not to go through all the trouble. I took the gas tank bag and fender bag off my four wheeler and used both of those on the tractor. The gas tank bag went over the gas tank and hung quite nicely over the hood and between the loader arms. Now I have a water bottle holder as well as two medium sized pouches for whatever. The fender bag got tied to the left side of the ROPS where the fold down bolts go in. The bag hangs nicely and securely on the ROPS and does not block the signal lights or interfere with me. That gives me even more room.

I wasn't done yet and kept thinking of other ways to make space. I took a book bag type back pack and fastened it to the back of my seat. I cut the shoulder straps and simply wrapped the webbing around the seat, fastened the should part of the straps over the seat and the back pack hangs on the back of the seat. Even more space now. I tried it out b/c I thought maybe the straps would bother me when I sat on them. I ended up not even remembering they were there.

Now I can stash tools, some sandwiches/drinks, rope, gloves, tow chain, etc. etc. without worrying about stuff falling off, etc.

I would post pics, but this is my first post here and I'm not quite sure how to get the pics up. I took pics specifically to share here. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-06-25          143192

I have recently notice tool boxes mounted on some equipment which I thought strange until I realize it was for parts that were needed in the field such as extra sprayer parts on a sprayer. kt ....

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-06-26          143236

I use nylon saddle bags. They come in a few different sizes. Get some velcro to hold it to the hood right above the steering wheel. The one I found for $30 is big enough to hold a chain on one side, tools and a water bottle on the other. It's even water proof. ....

View my Photos
crunch

2007-06-26          143241

I bought a nylon JD tool box for a JD lawnmower with a large strap that can be clipped around both rops uprights. Since I have the backhoe on most of the time it sits in the backhoe seat while the strap around the rops holds it in. ....

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-07-02          143383

I use saddle bags- about $30 at any tack store. They hang over the sides of the hood just over the steering wheel. One side easily fits a tow chain, the other tools and a water bottle. The nylon one I use is water tight, and I attach with velcro so I can drag it inside when needed. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login