Go Bottom Go Bottom

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
RON M
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-08          34365

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE MAHINDRA TRACTORS. THERE IS A DEALER IN VERMONT THAT IS PUSHING THAT. 2 WHEEL DRIVE VERSIONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OLD INTERNATIONAL 454 DESIGN. 4 WHEEL DRIVE TRACTORS ARE MADE IN KOREA BUT NOT BY MAHINDRA. I WENT ON THE MAHINDRA WEB SITE AND THEY STATE THAT THEY ARE ONE OF THE LARGEST TRACTOR MANUFACTURERS IN THE WORLD. MANY WEB SITES FROM DEALERS IN U.S. SHOWING DEALS ON THESE TRACTORS. THEY SEEM TO HAVE ALOT TO OFFER? ANYBODY FAMILIAR WITH THEM? WORTH THE LOOK OR STAY AWAY?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
Roger L.

2002-01-09          34386

Worth a look? Of course they are!
Everyone has to eat. And as a nation begins to industrialize, one of the first things that they make are tractors for the local farmers. I think it is reasonable to assume that anyone who would design a tractor for their own local market would make them as good as they possibly could....and to my way of thinking that effort makes them all worth attention. Later in the industrial cycle they begin to export their manufactured goods and so we get to see them over here.
Whether or not they are better than the products of a more mature industry is an interesting question. ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
TomG

2002-01-10          34396

The story sort of reminds me of Lada cars. Basically they were discontinued Fiat models. An manufacturer in one country can buy up designs and specialized equipment from obsolete equipment in other countries as an easy start to industrialization. Of course, by some perspectives industrialization isn't that good a thing to start.

If the story is true, than maybe some used IH parts are interchangeable. That would provide some parts supply insurance. Whether it's worth a look or not sort of depends on what's being bought. Many people buy dealer support as well as a tractor. Many good tractors are hampered in the market place by poorly developed dealer networks. It sounds like there is a local dealer, and that’s a start.

Dealer support is part of the value of the tractor, and a person has to decide how much that's worth to themselves. A person who is willing to do their own mechanics and parts procurement probably can find a better deal on machine quality from one of the Grays than one of the ‘big ones.’

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
david pruitt from Ou

2003-11-05          68036

I am a mech. at outback tractor in cumming ga. Mahindra is a very well built tractor at an affordable price ;feel free to call us (770)205 6767 thanks ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-05          68041

I believe it was the model B-275-414 that they are building, I may be wrong as I haven's seen any of them here in central NY yet. ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-07          68240

The local dealer (Aliceville AL) has sold the Malhindras for 15 years and has had not problems with them. He also sells Case HI, NH and Kubota at 2 different lots.
The 454 is an old IH design but it was one of the better old IH. From what I have heard it is basicly as reliable as the old IH. The South Korean tractors are the Tong Yang tractors and are also a fairly good tractor. The engines are Kubota and JD.

Art I thought the E350-DI was similar the old IH 364? The 4500 the IH 484? I am not sure the larger tractors. Most of the smaller ones are Tong Yangs. ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-11-08          68249

As I understand it the models ending in 10 (example 4110) are the South Korean models.
Some Korean models also use Daedong(Kioti) engines. ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-08          68253

From what I've seen it is just the B-275-414 tractor chassis not the 424/454 which is the next newer model. ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
RCA_TX

2003-11-27          69809

I have a friend who owns a 70+ acre horse boarding facility. They had such a tractor and pretty much worked it to its limits when hauling a large water tank for the race track. It's crankshaft failed a while back. He questions whether the quality of steel that went into it is as good as it might have been if it was made over here. He also wonders if it was maintained properly before he bought the place. He didn't fix it. He bought an orange equivalent instead. He says it doesn't seem to know the water tank is being pulled behind it. He doesn't sound down on the old tractor as much as he is up on the new one. But, he didn't want to invest heavily in the old one's repair in case it had an inherent quality problem that would still be present after it is fixed. ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
hockeyhead

2003-11-28          69899

I gave serious consideration to a mahindra 2810, before I bought my TC-30. I have a dealer 15 miles away and the machine appeared very solid compared to new holland and kubota but I'm new to compact tractors and honestly peer pressure from my farmer buddies drove me to buy a "big three" machine. That was the only dealer to actually let me work the loader in my test drive. Now I've owed my TC-30 for 7 months and it is everything expected and more, but the final desision was between the TC-30 and the mahindra 2810 ....

MAHINDRA TRACTORS

View my Photos
BARNEE

2003-11-28          69902

When i was looking for a tractor i looked at the big 3 as well as some others including Mahindra. The Mahindra dealer was closest and the most expensive! I didn't have any experience with them nor knew anyone that did. I did operate one for a short period & it seemed to perform fine. I just couldn't see paying more than i would for one of the better known brands. The dealer seems to be doing fine in a small town. He's moving to a new, larger facility soon so evidently he's selling them pretty well. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login