Go Bottom Go Bottom

ISO Compact Utility Tractor 4X4 Diesel 25 hp

View my Photos
Kim Wannheden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-02-28          13215

Hello, My husband and I have been searching for a compact utility tractor for ourhome in Arlington, WA (1 hour north of Seattle, south of BC, Canada). We have only 3.2 acres. Out of that some swampy area needs a drainage dug, and vege garden (1/2 acre) which needs a good tilling (from horsing around)...Where should we look? We have been to local dealerships and non of them had what we can afford/need... Thanks in advance. Kim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Kevin in KS

2000-02-28          13241

Kim, Have you checked out the JD 790? Good compact utility for the money, highly recommend it! ....

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-02-29          13270

Kim, it sounds like you are looking for a compact tractor, a utility tractor is usually bigger and more expensive. You mentioned cost as if that has a lot to do with your purchase. I for one understand that too, the difficulty is that the new tractors, as an example the JD 790 run about $11K without implements. A used tractor say 4 to 10 years old with a few hundred hours costs about $9 to $10K. An alternative is the grey market tractor. Be advised there is both a good and bad side to this alternative. The good is that you should be able to locate a good used grey as you describe in the $5 to $6K range. The bad side is that these are Japanese tractors and parts and service can be spotty. I faced this same dilemna last year and decided on a Hinomoto E2304 almost an exact duplicate of the Massey 1030. 4X4, 27 HP, 2800 lbs, with loader $6500. Sounds good so far huh....well remember even though it is a twin to the Massey the dealer will not be enthusiastic about your purchase and may not be that helpful when problems arise. I had to replace a portion of the pto system on mine....long story dumb mistake....anyway parts were expensive and not sure if the local Massey dealer would have worked on it or not. Anyway, she is fixed now and could not be happier with the tractor. If I can offer any help, feel free to email me. Take care....Jerri ....

View my Photos
Kim Wannheden

2000-02-29          13271

Thanks for your suggestion/reply... Unfortunately I don't really know anything
about the tractors... But, I will do some research on it.
Thanks again. Regards,
Kim

View my Photos
Kim Wannheden

2000-02-29          13272

Hello Jerri,
Thanks for the great story/reply to my plea... I am sure that buying an equipment that requires a lot of fixing up can be real headache and time consuming... We are considering an used Mitsubishi 1801-4 model which comes with 21.5 HP, loader, and tiller for $8750. What do you think?
Thanks in advance. Regards,
Kim ....

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-03-01          13286

Great...however, with grey markets make absolutely certain that you have a dealer who will back you up. As I mentioned parts can be difficult to locate. As you may already know Mitsubishi manufacturer many of the International Compacts and there may be a US crossover model, I would ask. Next, as you are in Washington State, as I recall, you will find grey markets there more expensive. This may be offset if you have a very good dealer otherwise I might shop around some more. I believe you will find that Yanmars are the easiest to get parts for. I would recommend that you visit some of the pages which are specific to Greys...http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/greymarkettractorclub....http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mitsubishitractors....http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/yanmartractorownersgroup...you should be able to talk to other owners and perhaps find out about your dealer. If I can help, feel free to ask. Jerri :) ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-03-01          13294

Kim, if you are within a reasonable distance to the Canadian border you may have better success shopping in B.C. since the prices are lower and brands like Yanmar were imported directly here for years before they started private-labelling for other manufacturers parts and service for them are readily available for them here in Canada. Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Kim Wannheden

2000-03-01          13298

Hi Murf,
Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently considering the Mitsubishi 1801-4, 21.5 HP model that comes with a loader and a tiller...
Regards,
Kim ....

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-03-01          13325

Kim, look up the number for Steve Hoffelman in Carlton, Oregon. He is a retired Kubota dealer who now buys and sells late model, low hour Kubotas and John Deeres. He is honest and his prices are reasonable. I have done business with him several times and have always had good results. There are reputable dealers for both makes in your area so parts and service shouldn't be an issue. He also delivers!! Sorry I don't have his number handy. Don. ....

View my Photos
Kim Wannheden

2000-03-02          13355

Thanks for your reply and referal... Regars,
Kim ....

View my Photos
Jim Hutchins

2000-03-04          13456

Hi KIM, have you checked out steiner 4 wheel drive tractors. They go great in wet area's and don't leave alot of marks in mud. Very easy to hook up tiller or mower with no tools. The info on there co. can be found on the net and # 330-828-0200 give them a try. Hope you find something. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login