Go Bottom Go Bottom

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-13          88443

I just finished a carry all for my tank sprayer (used to be a trailer type) I eliminated the trailer and fabbed an old reese hitch type carrier into a tank carrier. My question is; should I make a spot for a 12 volt battery to place next to the sprayer on the hauler instead of running the wire all the way to the front of my TC40? I guess the real question is how long do you think the battery (if I use a separate one not on a charger) would last running a 25 gallon tank sprayer motor pump? I will post some new pics as soon as I figure out my new digital camera and how to hook it up the reader for the computer. (I may have to stoop down to asking the 17 year old to help me! You know those kids no nothing about the real world but seem to know EVERYTHING when it comes to electronic gadgets and computers! Or is that the real world also? LOL

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-06-14          88448

Brokenarrow; I'm asuming you're talking about one of those little 12V pumps like from TSC. I really don't know how much power they take, but a few years ago I had one for the "Gator" that just hooked to the battery with alagator clips. I don't know how big an alternator the Gator has, but it can't be much. It worked fine, but the sprayer never ran more than 5 or ten minutes at a strech. So unless it's a bigger pump than I think I'd just use the tractor battery. You're not alone wandering aimlessly in the darkness of the digital camera world. Our computer/digital camera freak son came by yesterday on his 41'st birthday for some of Mom's roast beef, so before dinner I talked him into taking some pictures and posting them for me, I'd tried to figure it out on my own, but never seemd to be able to get it done. Enjoy your day, Frank. ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
JDLOVER

2004-06-14          88453

Brokenarrow:

With my first sprayer I used a 12v battery mounted on the frame of the pull behind 50 gal sprayer. Worked just fine, used it for up to 1-2/2 hours at a time with no problems. Purchased a new Fimco 12V pull behind a couple of years ago and hooked it up to the tractor battery. Just less of hassel to use it that way. Never have to remember to re-charge the battery before I spray.

JDLOVER

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-14          88457

I got rid of the 12v diaphram pump and use a 6 roller pump off the PTO to run my sprayer. Works great and don't have to hassle with power from the battery. ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-14          88464

Those are some nice pics Hardwood, Looks like you have some real nice toys---- I mean tools to play with. Gota love those big green Machines. ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-06-14          88536

Jdoliver
That is exactly what I bought, how do you like yours?
I was just concerned about routing the wires all the way to the front. I suppose if I look into it I will find some asesory outlet I could use that is closer. Beagle Yse that would be my choice also but the CEO of finance has told me I am now on a budget till dec. ! LOL
HARDWOOD!!!
Nice pics and spread you have there! You look like you would be a good customer for something in "blue"? LOL
Anytime your in my area and want a walk thru in the plant let me know and I will hook up with you and take you thru. With equipment like you have I am sure a lunch could be arranged also.
Just a side note, Was working on one of our Blue tractors today in repair. When talkin to the repair guys I always seem to learn something new. I hate to say it (again) but the blue tractors really and superior to our RED ones. Just the way they are designed along with an array of other features I feel make them a cut above from the red. (I still cant stomach that green though) LOL
Just kiddin Hardwood! Nice rigs there, you have any single daughters that look like their mother? It sure would be nice to have a father-in-law like you! I wish you the best of weather for the rest of the year!
Brokenarrow ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-06-15          88543

Brokenarrow; Sorry the daughters are all taken, they look like me anyway. Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I'd sometime like to get pictures of some of my home made contraptions on, so maybe another roast beef dinner for the computer son is in order. I've allways enjoyed plant tours, been to the Farmall plant in the Quad Citys back when they were building 560"s and to the Deere plant when the 60's and 70's were built. Tours in the past few years have become quite an event, when the 7810 and the 8410 in the picture by the flagpole were built I drove both of them off the end of the assembly line. I sure would'nt turn down a tour of a "Blue" plant, there all interesting. Frank. ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
JDLOVER

2004-06-15          88546

Brokenarrow:

I didn't menition that I use a toggle switch mounted near the seat to turn the pump on and off. Have quick connect plugs on the wiring. Use the same setup with me Thompson fertilizer spreader.

JDLOVER ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-06-17          88728

Hardwood, was that bookcase made in your furniture plant? Its a work of art! ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-06-17          88754

ncrunch32; Thanks for the compliment on the library. Yes that was built a couple years ago for a client in our plant. Really you're only seeing one wall of a three wall componet system. This unit was made of solid quarter sawn white oak with some walnut used as an accent color in the trim pieces. It was finished with a clear Minwax finsh so as not to cover the natural flake in the white oak. We try to not use any plywood if possible, but there are times when that is the most logical choice, in that situation we have the equipment to manufacture our own plywood to keep the match of the wood as consistent as possible. We also manufacture our own trim for the same reason. We've allways felt quite privleged to work for the owners of this home, and have did other rooms for them in the past. I just looked at your pictures, that's a real nice place you have, my only question is if the boat is powered by what is in the beer keg under it? Keep smiling, Frank. ....

Sprayer fabrication

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-06-21          89006

Hardwood - you have some high quality work going on there. Thanks for the reply and compliments on my house. For some reason the 1st picture is cut short - didn't used to be. I have been working diligently on vacation days to stain and clean the place up. Will post new pics soon with all the lillies that are coming into bloom.

Hope to put the boat in the water later today (another vacation day of staining) for first time this season. Yes - its powered by beer, my wife is German and drinks her share also. Problem is that now I always win the "beer gut" contest (last pic). I have taken to getting on the treadmill every day to try to eliminate the gut. It took years to put it there - will take years to get it off! :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login