Go Bottom Go Bottom

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Hettric
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-11          82713

Do any of you guys have pictures of a 3pt forklift? I got me a junk folklift and want to use the mast with a 3pt mount. any shots of the mount area would be very helpfull.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
TomG

2004-04-11          82722

The link below is the best pic I have. Not much detail of the mount but better of me. Must have been about to tune in that day. I really not sure how else I could have gotten the dang thing off the pole alone. For forklift goes 5.5' high without using 3ph height. My wife covered the old steel pole with bitch bark and put a feeder on top. It now confuses the occasional woodpecker but maybe not as much as an old apple tree that has several bags of mortar in the trunk. Oh well, those woodpecker figure things out pretty fast. ....

Link:   3ph forklift

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Hettric

2004-04-11          82734

Thanks Tom, that helps a lot, do you have the company name of your forklift? their site may provide more help also. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-11          82799

That's just how I pictured you, Tom.

Always wondered if folks wear anything under those coveralls??

Did the bitch bark come off an old dog?

Somehow, a steel pecker or a concrete pecker has conjures a different image than a wood pecker. :-)

So many questions, so little time. Mark

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
TomG

2004-04-12          82818

The forklift brand name is WIFO. I think it's from a small Canadian after-market manufacturer. I couldn't find a web site but I suppose I copuld come up with the manufacturer's address through my dealer if it's important.

A true forklift with swinging carriage, carriage tilt and 3-poece forks is very handy for material handling. The unit was expensive but not much more than similar loader attachments and it lifts more tha a loader mounted one. The downside is that it is a CAT II and weighs more than necessary.

Real happy my pic and comments got you on a roll Mark. I thought about editing myself out of the pic but satisfied my sense of privacy by smudging my features a bit. I wouldn't post a clear pic of anybody else either.

Actually the bark came from a birch dog. Those are always cranky and get more cranky as they age. About the overalls and maybe woodpeckers too, I played my soccer on a club where about half the players were from Scotland. Scots face similar questions about traditional Scottish attire.

As an old story goes, an American woman dressed in blue came across a Scotsman asleep under a tree and couldn't help wondering about the ageless question. She lifted up the kilt and was horrified at the answer. For modesty sake she took a ribbon from her hair and tied it appropriately on the Scott. The Scott woke up some time later and perceived something was different. He said 'Don't know where you've been but I'm happy you took first place.' Of course on our club we associated green and white with first place.

If my mother and her sisters are to be believed, a modest uncle of mine got his overalls caught in machinery (that was before the days of shields). The overalls were torn off and he managed to get out of them before they were shredded by the equipment and himself along with them. The trouble was that his wife was hosting a card game and my uncle hid in the bushes for several hours till everybody went home. Well, maybe that's your answer and it's supposed to be a true story. In practice the answer is sometimes yes and sometimes no. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-12          82820

Tom, Mark, your comments remind me of a similar joke as Tom's. The ending has a slightly different twist, maybe because when it was told to me we were all wearing kilts at the time. The Irish as well as the Scottish wear them, another useless bit of trivia. In fact the word for kilt in Gaelighe is "lein-croich" which the Anglo's later used to describe what the native people of North America wore, a 'loin cloth'.

Anyways, on with the joke; An old soldier of the famed Highlanders Regiment was playing his bag-pipe (or 'agony bags' as they're called in our family) in the park one Sunday afternoon. When he finished playing two young ladies approached him to compliment him on the beatiful music. The one young lady, being a little bolder than the other, ventured to ask him the usual question, "Sir I was wondering, what is worn under that kilt."

The old soldier cracked asmile and replied "Nothing at all, it's all in perfect working order."

Best of luck. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-12          82825

Sorry Tom. I will try to be more respectful in the future. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
TomG

2004-04-12          82883

Rats no respect and I didn't even know it. Is it because I tell bad jokes or just that there's no first place for me? Say it isn't true!

Yes Murf and pipes are played in Ireland too. Most of the rest of my team came from Northern Ireland. I got used to being a mere North American. I think you made a comment about WIFO equipment once. I couldn't find the manufacturer on the web.

The old Scots joke that I actually heard from a Scotsman went: An English dandy was touring Scotland and scoffed at being served porridge. 'Why in England we give oats to the horses.' The response was: 'Aye and such horses in England and such men in Scotland.' Wonder if we belong in the just for fun forum yet but hope there was some info about forklifts along the way? ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-12          82889

i belive i could probably fab one in a short amount of time if anybody is interested i could come up with a price estamate.
if you give me a few spects. i.e. lift hieght and if you want side shift or not. i've made more complicated things already. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-12          82901

Tom has got WAAAAAAAY more hair on his head than I figured! ;o) More than I have left anyways. Nice picture Tom! ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-12          82909

Chief, where have you been? Missed your pithy comments. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
TomG

2004-04-13          82921

Guess there is some value to jokes from time to time. Missed your comments as well Chief.

Don't know if I should carry on or not but the hair and Willie Nelson sort of go together. He said 'See that sparrow flying in the cloud looking for a patch of sun--and so am I. I live one day at time and dream one dream at a time.' And so do I.

Some things I just got out of the habit of like TV, and I don't want to stay in town long enough to go to the barber. Maybe I should joint this century sometime--maybe not.

I tend to take my truths more from songs and books than the nightly news these days. At least the people who write novels know they're professional liars--that's why it's called fiction. My truths are more like Joe Ely 'If you find yourself in a hole then you've got to dig. Give me a shovel and I'll dig all night.' Or from a Canadian song 'When you need water under the bridge you can't rush the river.' Can't remember the singer but the song lives on.

Enough of my truths for a day. Ignore me--I'm just avoiding getting ready to go to a dang meeting. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-13          82925

Tom, I agree with your sentiments, I avoid the news with a passion. If it's important somebody will tell me. I watch a reasonable amount of TV, but always something entertaining or educational or at least interesting data. I figure if I'm going to watch fiction I might as well be entertained by it instead of depressed by it.

As for WIFO, yes I had mentioned it before. In fact I have a WIFO 3pth forklift too, it was converted to lift only 3' (plus the height of the 3pth itself) by a prior owner. It was brought to me by a friend who wanted to convert it back to 'normal' operation, when he found out he could buy one for little more than the cost of conversion he went that route.

Foor any interested the link to Wifo's site is below, hoever I would caution that if the only language you understand is English, the amount of information available is severely limited. If you just want to look at the pictures take a look at the other language sites, they have loads more info., even if it's of limited use to you.

BTW, if you select the Dutch page, the forklift is under the "Landbouwmachines" section and is called a "Hefmasten". Also have a look at the "Modder- en sneeuwschuivers" which is a big rubber squeegie that is 3pth mounted, kinda nifty, just not sure I have that much slop here.

Best of luck.

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-13          82928

Pithy?????? Never have been accused of that style before. I have been working on a project here in TN. Still have not finished on it yet but I will post some pictures and fill you in when I have it done. Been taking a lot of my time. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-13          82932

Main Entry: pithy
Pronunciation: 'pi-thE
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): pith·i·er; -est
1 : consisting of or abounding in pith
2 : having substance and point : tersely cogent
synonym see CONCISE

I consider you to have substance and you are certainly cogent and concise. Besides: If you have been afflicted with MPB as you say, a Pith Helmet on hot days may be just the ticket :} ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-13          82936

Mark, all the pith helmets I've ever seen are either white or tan, never green with a yellow crest on the front.....

The ole' Chief has to keep up appearances doncha' know.

Good to see you back Randy, let us now when the pics are available.

Best of luck. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-13          82939

You guys are cracking me up! LOL! I don't know about the MPB but I sure have a severe case of CRS! ;o) I sure will on the pics Murf. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-13          82940

MPB= Male Pattern Baldness. ....

3PT Forklift

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-13          82941

Got a strong case of that going too! ;o) I gotta get me one of those baseball caps that has the fake pony tail hanging out the back. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login