Go Bottom Go Bottom

Best Fertilizer Spreader For The Money

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-05          78861

I have looked at the spreaders Corriher have and they look like a very good piece of equipment for a VERY reasonable price. CCM as well. Are there any others out there that I should look at that I have missed?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-05          78941

not sure what you are looking for manure or granular liquid? we sell them all in all diferent sizess ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-05          78942

I'm looking for the granualar type pto broadcast spreaders that can handle fertilizer, lime, and seed. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-05          78943

ok ill check out what we have im not sure cause im a mechanic not a sales man i now we sell curtis but i also know we sell others just not sure of the names ....

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-03-06          78971

Chief, I got a Worksaver PTO spreader. It's been doing great spreading sand this winter. It should work fine with clumping stuff like lime and any granular product since it has an agitator (a must have $30 option). Rated at 6bu and cost around $400. The Frontier spreader and a couple of others looked very similar. ....

View my Photos
Mecheng
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-15          79952

I just bought a Farmstar 3 bu at a local auction for $200 in like new condition. ....

Link:   3 pt Spreader

View my Photos
buzst1

2004-03-15          79955

Chief,
I just bought a cosmo from agri-supply for about $260. It hasn't arrived yet but rumor has it that cosmo makes the landpride and most other spreaders ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-03-16          80083

Chief
If you plan on using it for any fine seeds also, you can mix the seed and some fertilizer together (Mix/rotate very good for as even as possible a mix only mix what can be spread in a short amount of time under 20 min> for the seed may burn other wise) This works very good, it allows the seed to travel with the heavy fertilizer farther out and less wind disturbance. Although I use an ATV seed spreader now. The fertilizer trick with the seed works just fine if you dont want to buy a seperate seeder.
I may of been way off your topic but thought I would throw that in here incase anyone did not know. Good luck with your buy!!! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-16          80084

I ended up buying a 6 bushel Italian manufactured spreader from my local Coop. Paid about $350 for it which is about what I would have paid if I purchased from some of the folks selling them on the internet with shipping. I even got it in a matching Green color for my 4410.;o) ....

View my Photos
loghouse95

2004-03-16          80088

Chief hope you are able to spread lime, it is hard to spread lime even with an agitator....They now have a pelletize lime that is good but its more expensive, but you just need about 100lbs to the acre... good luck ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-16          80089

Around here, most folks spread a ton to the acre. At least that is what I have done in the past. I don't apply lime every year though. ....

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-03-17          80118

Chief,
A ton to the acre is normal for tobacco but not for grass. The type and amount of nitrogen you use has the most influence on the PH of the soil, hence how often you need to spread lime. ....

Link:   Gear Drive tiller Headquarters

Picture Link
Operating and Attachments Best Fertilizer Spreader For The Money

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-17          80123

Guess I am putting just a little bit much on then but the grass seems to do well with it. ;o) ....

View my Photos
loghouse95

2004-03-17          80186

Chief maybe you could do a soil sample, last year I put 3 ton to the acre but it had been quite a few years since I had put any on and the soil sample indicated I needed it...The pelletize lime is more expensive but like I said you only need a hundred lbs per acre and you can use a seed spreader ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-17          80195

2 weeks ago, I put down 2,500 lbs. of 19-19-19 the hardway with a push spreader over about 3 acres. Wonder if I need to add some lime? I should just do a soil test and that would be the most accurate. ....

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-03-17          80197

You put 158 units of Nitrogen per acre and that is a bit high for a good PH soil growing hay. If you will just soil test, the test will tell you what your soil needs to grow the desired crop. If you realize that nitrogen in the form of Urea just stays in the soil 30-40 days and then is gone.This is usually what is in 19-19-19. If you want high Nitrogen numbers use 12-24-24 at 500 LBS to the acre and use Ammonium nitrate (lasts 90 days) or Sodium nitrate (last 60 days) to give the crops the extended exposure of the nitrogen. High nitrogen application does need a constant lime application to counter the acidity of the nitrogen. Having a PH of 6 or better will mean you will be able to get the maximum value from the fertilizer. When you have a PH of 5.5, 20-30% of the fertilizer ends up not being used and the nitrogen evaporates into the air. Get a soil sample, the return for the $10-20 spent will be thousands of dollars savings in fertilizer needed. ....

Link:   The value of Soil Testing

View my Photos
loghouse95

2004-03-17          80214

Chief if you are putting 800lbs of fertilizer per acre that is more than I have ever heard of anyone using for any crop.. Check with county extension agency and he will be able to help with how much lime and fertilizer you really need ....

View my Photos
loghouse95

2004-03-17          80217

Ironpeddler If I remember correctly the first number is the amount of nitrogen so 12-24-24 would be 12% nitrogen. ....

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-03-17          80220

Just remember NPK
N= Nitrogen
P= Phosphate
K= POTASH ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-17          80221

It didn't look like much when I put it down and I have a few trees scattered in the mix which needs some as well that were looking kinda peekid. I probably did a bit of overkill but the 19-19-19 was not that much more at $7.75 a 50 lb. bag. Live and learn! ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-03-17          80222

One ton per acre around me is like a dusting of snow when expecting a snow storm. Do a soil sample first (its well worth the 25 bucks) You may be suprised how much lime you need for what you plan on planting, it varies . I needed 9 tons per acre a few years back but since the soil can only really take up to 3 tons per acre a year I have been slowly raising the ph. I now have a pretty good level. Yes you heard me right 3 tons per acre for the last 2 years! I have the lime delivered and spread for 25 bucks a ton. Do a soil test first I cant stress that enough, around here you can tell who has good levels of lime and nutriants by who has deer eating in their clover and who dont! LOL. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login