Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
Ron Franks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-31          60521

Hi. I've considered one of the quick-hitch systems for MY JD 4300 but I have a finishing mower with the swinging top link (to allow the mower to follow uneven terrain). Is there a way to use one of the quick hitch systems with this swinging link? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-31          60543

Before you get that far..... make sure the quick hitch actually matches the dimensions on your mower. Cat 1 implement dimensions are all over the map.

I would also speculate that if the quick hitch is not solidly mounted to the tractor it will be neither quick nor hitchy. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
Earthwerks Unlimited

2003-07-31          60585

I have wondered the same thing--are they as effective as they would appear? My local TSC has had the same 4 units for sale for the past 4 years. My concern was the lower link connection looks like there would be way too much play vertically---not to mention width between pick-up points.

Does anyone sell a quick attach system not unlike that found on skid loaders that just takes a second to use? ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-31          60587

I'm not familiar with the skid loader system, but I love my JD iMatch. Of course I bought it with the tractor and made sure the box scraper and rotary cutter were iMatch compatible. I just back up to the implement, hooking the iMatch hooks under pins, raise the rockshaft, then turn around in my seat and close the latches. They're not going anywhere. Of course I need to get out of the seat to hook up the pto shaft, but I can hook up either implement in less than a minute. In fact without ever using a 3ph before I hooked the box scraper up in less than a couple of minutes the very first time I tried it without reading the manual. Top-N-Tilt helps a lot because I can adjust the iMatch to match the orientation of the implement even if it's not level.

While we're talking quick connect I've found the JD bucket attach mechanism to be great too. I can change between my grapple and bucket in a minute or two as well, but I need to make sure I keep things level with it.

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-31          60589

Is the TSC 3ph quick hitch the same one as the Speeco unit? I think the JD iMatch is identical (or nearly identical) to the Speeco's.

I think 3ph quick hitches are appreciated by all who have them IF all their implements fit. It's easier to make sure they fit if you have the hitch first, then buy implements that fit it. The other way around CAN be a challenge.

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-31          60591

Not trying to hijack the thread but I just go my 3 pt. hitch trailer hitch reciever set up. When I get it on the tractor I will post some pictures. I friend I work with made it for me. If anyone is interested, I will ask him if he would be interested in making more. I am thinking about the I-match for a log skidding tong. Ken, is your MX5 compatible with the I-Match? I would like to see how that fits together. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-01          60649

The MX5 is JD iMatch compatible, and it works great. It seems to float well over rough ground and has enough vertical play to allow me to negotiate up/downhill transitions with ease. The iMatch also adds a couple of inches of lenght to the 3ph so I can make fairly tight turns with the MX5 without hitting the big R4s.

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
cooleydd

2003-08-07          61112

I have just purchased a Jiffy Hitch - one to hook on the tractor and one for each implement. they were easy to get on and I have their hydraulic top link that works really nice. It does make it easier for this old man to change implements and I do so much more often. The URL is http://www.jiffyhitchsystems.com. Those that are looking - take a look see. I have no connection to the company just a satisfied customer. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
boatman

2003-08-07          61148

Cooleydd, that is one trick set up. Do you use this on all of your implements? Even the rototiller? Where is the lever for the hydraulic top link? It looks like it is beside the cylinder. Does this work well? What part numbers did you purchase? I am undecided about the regular duty cat.1 or the heavy duty cat.1. I think that I may purchase this set up. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
cooleydd

2003-08-07          61167

Talk to them - ask for Ron (tell him I told you to call - that is who I talked to and maybe is the owner). I did the heavy duty side of everything. I have a New Holland TC30 and it works fine. I have it set up for all my attachments - even the rototiller. It sure makes it nice to switch back and forth. Takes a little learning - but after a few times you are off and running.

There is even an offset available for the rototiller (or other implements) if you want. I just received mine but have not installed it yet so have no experience with it. I have also purchased their boom pole that is made on a hitch. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but will soon. They also have some fence equiptment that looks like it should work.

The lever on the top link is easy to reach and works very well. I had a problem with the first hydraulic top link with a very small leak - they never hesitated and sent me another one and a UPS pick up to get the old one.

One thing to remember is that the male and female parts add weight to the tractor. I would estimate that each weigh someplace arounf 70 to 75 lbs - very heavy and sturdy. Doesn't both me but it could on lighter tractors when you are attaching an implement.

I have a Woods rotary mower and I found it almost impossible for me to horse around and get attached - now it is a snap. With the hydraulic top link it can be set open to float back and forth if need be.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-08-10          61460

I have a speeco quick hitch on my TC33 it is the same as the unit sold at TSC. At first it takes some work to get all your implements set up but, once it is all done you will wonder how you got along without it. I use mine with a rake,finish mower,ballast box and I just built a 2" reciever for it. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
bmocad

2003-08-14          61862

I use a chain on the top lnk. I used a large link that fits over the top connecter an short chain to allow the mower to pivit. It lifts fine the wheels on my mower keep the height.
On I have a question.
Doe anyone know of a hydrailc center link. I pick a lot of rock i woul like dump them with center link ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-16          61965

I am working on getting more info from these guys. Interesting looking sustem. ....

Link:   

Click Here

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
melensdad
Posts: 90 Northwest Indiana, near Lowell and 8 miles from Beecher, Illinois

2003-11-11          68462

Jiffy Hitch is a nice system, you put an adapter on each implement it can get expensive if you have a lot of implements. You might want to consider Pat's EASY CHANGE, it puts snap hooks on the lower arms only and allows you to use it with any implement including a PHD + implements with non-standard A frames. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
Herk9106

2004-01-19          74508

New to the board here. I was interested in the Pat's Easy Change system. Where can I find info on it?

I bought a TSC Quick Hitch last year, and haven't gotten around to modifying all of my implements so that I can use it yet. Seems like nothing I have is compatable. All of my implements are narrower than the 27 inches required to fit inside the hooks on the quick hitch. I think it's going to be more trouble than it's worth to modify everything.

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
imtools

2004-02-01          75642

If anyone is interested,I have the SAE book that gives the standard dimensions for "THREE-POINT FREE-LINK ATTACHMENT OF IMPLEMENTS TO AGRICULTURAL WHEELED TRACTORS---SAE J715 SEP83" and "THREE-POINT HITCH, IMPLEMENT QUICK-ATTACHING COUPLER, AGRICULTURAL TRACTORS---SAE J909 NOV84". There are other interesting specifications-I can scan and post in my AOL FTP space for all to see. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-02-01          75650

imtools,
Could you verify the dimensions of Cat1 3PH implements?
I have:
top pin 3/4"
bottom pin 7/8"
bottom link spread 26"
top link height 18"

Thanks,
bliz ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
JParker

2004-02-02          75739

For most things like this, just try a Google.com search.

That said, the google search made me run through another tractor site, but eventualy took me to the link below.

It looks interesting, but I wonder if it still will have the same problems as most of these quick hook up ideas, i.e the few inches of extra length.

Will standard top links and PTO shafts still be the correct length, or are new ones required?

I don't know, but it looks like a potential problem, even if it is only a one time issue.

Also, I would think the "optional" stabilizer bar is a must. Otherwise, what keeps the bottom links from spreading out and dropping the impliment? I know some impliments have pins that are attached on both ends, but many are not.

- JP ....

Link:   

Click Here

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
Herk9106

2004-02-02          75794

I found the site and ordered a set (Pat's Easy Change). I just installed them yesterday. Installation was fairly easy, although I had to trim about 1/4 inch off of one shim on each side to fit properly. It's too bad they cost the same as a quick hitch at TSC. There's a lot less steel in them.

Your draw pins are held in place on one side with a nut/lock washer, and lynch pin on the other. The system comes with 6 washers that are installed on the draw pins (one per side) and held in place with the lynch pins. That should prevent the implement from coming loose. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-02-03          75819

I installed the Pat's easy change a couple of months ago. Yes, I think the optional stabilizer bar is a must. Just back up to the implement, adjust the bar to the proper width, back the 3ph under the implement's pins and raise the hitch. Attach the top link and it's done. About 2 minutes. Without the stabilizer bar, it is a hassel, but not nearly as bad as trying to align those hitch balls. ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
ALDALE

2004-02-03          75837

Wildman:
How much does the easy change add to pto length? ....

3 pt Quick Connect

View my Photos
rich1010220

2004-02-25          77928

Ron,
Here are some other links for quick hitch systems;

http://www.greenwellmfg.com/
http://www.freedomhitch.com/
http://www.teagle.co.uk/prod/aframes.htm
http://www.deltahook.com/index.html