Go Bottom Go Bottom

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
1stjd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-13          59402

I purchased a quick tach for my 3-point hitch from TSC. The problem: 1 set of bushings came with hitch and to buy additional ones for the other implemnts they are $22 each. Anyone know of others available? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-13          59406

There is a discussion about the merits of quick tach stuff. The incompatibility of many different brands all cat 1. The cat 2 is a totally different set of standards I understand the need to use some smaller cat 2 implements that are much sturdier...Unless you rebuild your stuff to the quick tach standard most are unusable. BUT I can not for the life of me begin to see why you would want to try a hook to a cat 3 implement that is built for a 200+ HP tractor weighing 20,000 + lbs. Any SMALL cat 3 implement is probably 3X heavier than you cat 1 tractor. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-13          59411

I think that there is a mistake here as to what you need. There is major differnces between Cat 1 and Cat 3 hitches. Cat 3 is usually for 100 horsepower and larger tractors and cat 1 is for like 60 and below. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
JerryG

2003-07-13          59416

You need cat 2 bushing, not cat 3. Get them at your dealer for a dollar or so each or from TSC. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
1stjd

2003-07-13          59428

I should have been clearer...the quick tach is cat1 but the hook up part on the quick tach are sized for cat 3 (no, I don't know why). They give you one set of bushings to attach to your cat 1 implements to size them up to cat 3. There may be a logical reason, besides extra income from bushing sales, but I can't figure it out.. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
harvey

2003-07-13          59433

1stjd Thanks for the clear up. Art as usual you thought it thru better than me.

Check you OD and ID on the bushings you have. and see what you can come up with at a plumbing supply for pipe. Different schedules have different IDs and ODs.

Good Luck Harvey ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
1stjd

2003-07-13          59441

I should have been clearer...the quick tach is cat1 but the hook up part on the quick tach are sized for cat 3 (no, I don't know why). They give you one set of bushings to attach to your cat 1 implements to size them up to cat 3. There may be a logical reason, besides extra income from bushing sales, but I can't figure it out.. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
TomG

2003-07-14          59451

I think I'm missing something and maybe these aren't just bushings for link pins. Otherwise I'd think one set could be used for all implements. However, I suppose that would require swapping them, which would defeat the idea of a quick attachment.

The cylinder for my hydraulic top-link has CAT II loops. It came with bushings to size the loops to my CAT I pins. The bushings were too long for my top-link bracket. I could have ground one down but my dealer had shorter ones in stock and just gave me a few as freebies. I have the impression that they are fairly standard generic hardware parts and not expensive.

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
Art White

2003-07-14          59455

I think we need more exlanation here. Catagory one is so narrow that I don't understand how it could be adaptable with out different center pieces. even cat 2 is 28"s wide and 3 is 32 plus. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
1stjd

2003-07-14          59494

Here's the skinny...yes it would defeat the purpose to switch the bushings. Besides, they need a hitch pin (no head, ie non-removable) installed to hold them on the cat1 pins which are on the tractor. The bushings being supplied are 7/8" ID, 1 7/16" OD, 2 3/4" long. The ones supplied have a larger piece at the outside but it is not needed. As I said, TSC wants $22 for each set, way to much. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
TomG

2003-07-15          59524

Those sure do sound a lot like my freebie bushings but I don't know how they might be modified to accept a hitch pin. Never the less, $22.00 sure sounds rich, although maybe not as rich as the 650$CDN I was quoted for a hydraulic t-fitting that qualifies as a special tool. I do recall the case of an outrageously priced copper washer. As it turned out, the parts system had the decimal point misplaced. Even so, 'price outrage mysteries' aren't uncommon for tractors. Think I'd try to find some generic bushings and see how much it would cost for any required modification. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
Robin

2003-07-15          59564

I also have a quick hitch on my cat 1 tractor. The lift pin bushing can be purchased throught D&B Farm Supply ($12.50 per set or through Northern Tools (used to be Northern Hydralics). OR even better you can go through Speeco, they make the quick hitch and wanted about $11.00 per set plus shipping ($10.00). Total bill for 6 full sets was $77.45 delivered to my door. Don't forget the top link, I went to D & B Supply and got a couple of 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 bushings for the TL. Hope this helps. ....

cat 1 to cat 3 bushing

View my Photos
1stjd

2003-07-15          59570

Thank you Robin, just what I will do. The price sounds reasonable and I can get a couple extra sets for future implements! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login