Go Bottom Go Bottom

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
ronald65
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-01          140917

I was wondering if anyone has used the DR Road Grader to maintain logd drive or country road? It looks awfully light duty to me.But they offer a 6 Month Money back waranty including Shipping both ways. Any one have any input? Ron

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-04-01          140927

Ronald65; I hope I'm not stepping on the toes of anyone who has one, but I think I would put the return agreement in a safe deposit box, I think you are going to need it. Frank. ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-01          140931

We've sold machines like that and they do do a good job. I'd look at some of the heavier driveway maintainers that are buiit just for times sake. ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-04-02          140932

Sorry Art, I probably jumped a bit too quickly. but just watching the ad on TV, that thing doesn't look heavy enough to do hardly anything. Even my wife will tell you that I've been wrong before. Frank. ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-02          140941

I think it depends on your soil and driveway material. the commercial shows it grading loose, wet gravel.

I doubt seriously that the DR grader would do much on my crushed rock/hard-pan drive, other than skate over the surface. ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
ronald65

2007-04-02          140942

Art, What I need is to reclaim shoulders and get to bottom of potholes and ripples or washboard. I have 8 ft heavy blade also home made pull behind grader but if I can cut the shoulder,(after a rain) I get a mountain of grass clumpsin the center of the road. DR sent a CD and the testamonials sure sound encouraging.I've thought abou HCL V shaped reclaimer or topps Disk reclaimer, but they are over $3,000. Ron ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
Art White

2007-04-02          140951

Frank, don't worry I think there machine would be great behind an ATV and he has a 40 horsepower Kubota so you did well!!!!

I have found box scrapers will work some but the best tool we bought years ago and we are down to our last one but, it's not for sale! It does to good on our own drives! It is built like what they use at tractor pulls with a 8" tall v facing the front about 4 foot wide and another adjustable V coming from the rear wings to the front. This is how we run it as we can also set it to wing one way or to the rear to bring it out to one side. The front takes the knobs off and there are teeth like on a box scraper we can let down to realy rip up the drive. The best part of it is you can run this machine at twenty miles any hour if you want and it stays down flat even on a paved road with out jumping up and down.

Sorry to say they cost about 3,000 several(8 maybe) years ago but they are a good tool and would allow you to use your vertical links for the sholders. ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
rwatson

2007-04-02          140952

don't know about the road grader, but I have a 8 yr old field and brush mower with finishing deck, I was hesitant cause I was skeptical about their claim of what it would do, I have used the fire out of it, and had basically no problems, but stuff caused by my hard use of machine, and I can still get parts from them...

currently thinking of one of their chippers for my 3 pt on my kubota, however it's h/p is rated a little lower than they recommend, but I got a feeling if I shelled out the bucks it would hold up just like the mower. ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
ronald65

2007-04-04          141026

Art, The machine you describe sounds like one made by K&C Machine Co. Are the rear blades adjustable? You could put them at a forward position to make a reverse V for Spreading and one fwd ,one angled back for moving to one side or the other? I tried to call the number on the brochure, but its no longer in service.Anyone else know about them? Ron ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-04-04          141032

I maintain a 1 mile section of private road of crushed limestone. I bought a road grader to do it and was sadly disappointed. The oldtimers put the road in and were grinning from ear to ear when they saw me coming. But...

I ended up buying a 6' power box rake---which is the cat's meow! It will chop up anything in it's way while at the same time fluff up the material and grind through the hard spots that occur around a pot hole. Aftyer the whole roadway is fluffed up I then pull a 6' box scraper over it to level and redistribute it where needed.

The same oldtimers said that after the road was done with the power rake and box scraper, the road had NEVER been so smooth (he'd watch the car's taillights at night go down the road and looked like it was on glass it was so smooth)

The power rake is like a high-speed rototiller with carbide tips on an 8" rotating drum versus a tiller which has slow moving tines. (cost about $4500 used, about $7000 new) Wear ear protection though! It's loud with all that grinding going on!

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
richardgd

2007-04-20          141401

Take a look at the grademaster. Bought one a few years ago to maintain my 3/4 mile gravel driveway. Works great. Usually wait a day or two after it rains and run up and down the driveway twice and end up with a perfectly smooth surface. Recommed the 6ft version for a normal width road. Should cost around $900.

http://grademastermfg.com/products.htm ....

DR Road Grader

View my Photos
ronald65

2007-04-26          141553

Thanks Richard I'llcheck it out;Ron

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login