Go Bottom Go Bottom

L48 TLB

View my Photos
MartinD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-28          65033

I would love to talk to anyone that owns a L48 TLB. I have some hydraulic problems and would like to know if anyone else has similar problems. Loader leaks down. Backhoe leaks down. Even stabilizers move sometimes. Rep says within acceptable range. I say, for what I paid nothing should move until I make it move.Rep says 2 inches in 5 minutes is acceptacle. I think this is rediculous.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

L48 TLB

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-29          65050

Hard to find hydraulics that don't drop some. Need to know more, does it stop after the five minutes? I've never worked or considered only five minutes as a rating. What does it do in an hour, what are the conditions, bucket full or empty? They do have an acceptable(to manufacturer) amount that gives a guideline for repairs to be made by. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
TomG

2003-09-29          65051

My 15-year-old hydraulics don't leak down that much but newer stuff tends to. There may be an engineering tradeoff in the designs for all I know. Slightly leaky systems may last longer and if so I'd want the leaky one. Or maybe ones that leak very little cost more than manufacturers figure customers want to pay. Except for hoe stabilizers, leak down doesn't bother me much since the equipment never is still for very long when I'm using it. I don't think I'd want to pay a bunch to cure a problem that doesn't bother me much. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-29          65069

I think if any of my equipment dropped that fast they'd cancel my Workers Compensation insurance until I got it fixed.

Best of luck. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-29          65087

I think he is over the allowable for what he's saying but in order to tell him how to deal with the company I need to know more. This isn't a hard process unless we want to make it that way! ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
MartinD

2003-09-29          65096

The kubota rep is saying that is what is acceptable to Kubota (2 inches in 5 minutes). He showed me a paper that says this. My Kubota does not leak that much, but it does leak down probably 15 inches in an hour. I'm talking on the front end loader now. Doesn't matter whether bucket is empty or full. The rep is saying that it is probably in the self leveling valve. They have replaced this valve and several other valves which have done no good. Rep says that they are only having problems with the L48 since it is the only TLB that has the self leveling valve. B21 and L35 have manual leveling . He says manufacturer of valves don't have tight enough tolerances and that Kubota is satisfied. He is willing to put electric lockoff valves on front end loader and backhoe if I want. I just think that this is not the proper fix. This is why I would like to know if any other L48 owners are having the same problem. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
lamarbur

2003-09-30          65118

I have a Bradco model 11 ft hoe hanging on my Mahindra 4110 tractor. The hoe bucket when fully curled will weep down to level in a week or so. The JD 710 hoe that I run part time, locks down every time machine is shut off. I like this feature is great. We use this to our advantage in certain circumstances (ie) lifting pallet of shingles to a roof, lock it down, and climb up/unload bucket. If I owned an L 48, I would be thrilled with the lockdown feature. I also agree with you that full drop in 15 minutes or so, is not normal. It does sound as Kubota's rep, whoever it is, is at least trying to offer you alternative options. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-30          65121

I guess we would have just fixed it and sent Kubota a bill, we don't always get everything right but just keep trying. Now, lets back up, has anyone checked to see if it's the cylinders or the valve that's leaking? ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
MartinD

2003-09-30          65188

They have checked the cylinders and say they are OK. They have put on three valves and all leak down. The valve is what the rep is saying does not have tight enough tolerance. The manufacturer of valves have a certain guideline they go by and Kubota is satisfied with this. This is what bothers me the most. If something is not good enough to to do the job, then Kubota should want a tighter tolerance. I guess not enough people has complained about this machine. Maybe not thta many people own the L48. Most own either the L35 or B21. Rep says no problems with these
He also adds that these machines do not have the self leveling valve. So he thinks the problem is with the self leveling valve and the main valve but doesn't know for sure.
It has him shaking his head and all of the mechanics who have looked at it. This is why he is offering me the electric lockoffs if this will satisfy me. I just don,t know whether to put on the lockoffs or ask Kubota to buy the machine back. Other than these problems, I really like the L48. But to me, when you buy something new and pay that much money for it you expect to get something that is not leaking down. Maybe I expect too much. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-02          65320

For a different application we have removed the self leveling for an individual but I don't think that is the culprit as it would more than likely be dumping the bucket while dropping. All pieces have a tolerence and it is bad when you get two at the end of the extremes together as this is one of those times obviously. The electric lockouts would only work if the power was off not sitting idling while waiting. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
MartinD

2003-10-02          65325

I Have a 4n1 bucket on the loader and it does open the bucket as it drops. If I leave the loader up halfway and leave it up overnight, the next morning the loader will be fully on the ground and the 4N1 will be about 4 inches open.If I leave the backhoe up it takes about 24 hours to fully drop when fluid is cold. Drops faster the hotter the fluid.Same with front loader. Hotter the fluid, faster the drop. The have already put one electric lockoff on front loader to let me try. It will work if switch is on or off. They are switching it on a toggle switch that is hot all the time. It works. When you throw the switch, loader does not move. But the bucket will still curl forward because this is not locking that line. You see, I have a set of pallet forks to set shingles on roof and with this weight it will curl forward. So anyway, they say they will put a lockout on curl and put lockout on backhoe. I know all this will work, I just say that it's a easy fix for them but really isn't the propper fix. I really didn't want a backhoe that looks like an airplane cockpit. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
lamarbur

2003-10-02          65344

I certainly have no answers, however, soemthing isn't right here.. I have none of the problems you list and know of no one that does. Every now and then a minor bleed down on a bucket or something, but, nothing like you state here. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
MartinD

2003-10-02          65345

It seems the L48 is the only one with the problem. Do you own a L48 or do you know anyone that does. ....

L48 TLB

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-03          65367

Martin most all units do what you are seeing just in varing degrees. I know from time spent on our forklift doing roof work that I only had so much time before it needed to be raised again and on and on. They all do sag unless you do have lock outs. The lockouts are one of the best ways to ensure your safety vs the valves. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login