Go Bottom Go Bottom

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
peterR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-07          70465

What can I use to stop snow sticking to front bucket. Has anyone tried oil or wax or anything else that can be put on when cold outside

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-07          70473

PeterI'll take a stab at it. #1 is your tractor stored indoors warm and toasty? If so when you move it outside come back in and get dressed for the weather give the bucket time to cool down. #2 If you store outdoors and your bucket is cold if you get down close to the ground the warmer snow is going to freeze to the bucket.

I've heard of guys stealing the wifes PAM to spray their buckets me thinks it might work but seems like it would get real expensive. You might even try rain X or silicon spray.

Also try banging the bucket when you empty at the bottom of the curl ussually if you rattle it a few times snow will break loose.

When parking put your bucket in the dump position and let the buchet rest on the cutting edge. I try and keep mine in the dump position most of the time when outside waiting for temps to adjust.

I know some days its worse than others for sticking but mostly I believe its difference in air temps and snow temps.

Mine is parked inside by the wood stove so I do have some problems with it now and again. ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
Dirtpoor

2003-12-07          70479

Around here a lot of people keep a sprayer with diesel fuel in it to spray a coat on the inside of the bucket before moving snow.Of course this probaly isn't the best for the environment and I'm not recomending you try it.. but it does seem to work. ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-07          70489

I keep my machine in an outside shed and back it out while it is warming up. Then I put up the folding ROPS, hook up the box blade, then go back inside for a few minutes. This allows the hydraulic fluid to warm up as well as let the bucket adjust to the outside temp. I haven't had any problems with snow sticking to my bucket. I will probably keep the inside of my bucket coated with this waterless carwash stuff I bought over the net as it seems to work real well with the cars as far as keeping them protected. It is on the expensive side, but it has wax in it and I don't have to deal with water in the winter time. ....

Link:   waterless carwash

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2003-12-07          70500

I use salad oil in a 2 gal poly sprayer and when I have time coat the bucket with a heavy COAT of car wax. made nice blocks of snow for the kids snow fort with the bucket !!!! Wax works great for the box blade too/pusher. ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-08          70517

Somebody a long time back talked about a spray used for blower chutes as well as loaders. I can't remember what it but not something found in a kitchen I think. I forgot about it since it's not enough of a problem to cause me to look for a solution. I do have a special broom though. One end is for clearing the blower chute and the other is for getting snow out of and off everything before I put the tractor away. The broom is special because I used it for spreading pea-gravel over tar. It's now retired and banished from everywhere except the tractor shed. ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
unit5alive

2003-12-08          70518

Try getting a bar of candle wax from craft store, rub bar on inside bucket until coated good ,then heat lightly with heat gun or torch to flow wax ,you wont believe how this works! ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-08          70523

You can buy mold release spray which is used in the plastic industry. I am not sure what the price will be? ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-08          70532

Try spraying the inside of the bucket with 3M Solid Film Lubricant. It needs 24 hrs. to cure but holds up well and is pretty much impervious to anything sticking to it. ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
Tazbota

2003-12-13          71100

I use 99% pure spray silicone spray (Food Grade. I purchase it at the local hardware store for about $6 per can. Make sure to get "Food Grade" silicone as it has a higher % of silicone. Iusually spray 3-4 times per winter. The key is to spray on a heavy coat and allow it to dry throughly. DO NOT wait until it's time to plow to spray the bucket.

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
earthwrks

2003-12-14          71159

I plow snow commercially here in Michigan. Diesel fuel and silicone both absorb water especially silicone which freezes. I coat my plows with axle lubricant more or less to prevent salt from attacking the parts. Tractor Supply has something called "graphite lubricant" in aerosol (about $6) . The mfg. claims it is good for coating mower underbellies and snow plows. Haven't tried it as the sheer friction of continuous snow and ice keeps anything from sticking long. ....

Snow sticking to bucket

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-15          71205

If you don't mind the mess try 5th lubricant, that stuff will stick to anything and won't come off even if you want it to. If it will stay in place under a loaded semi-trailer it's got to have some serious stickum......

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login