Go Bottom Go Bottom

Good rear blade

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-05-11          3707

I am looking at a 30 to 40 horse tractor and would like to purchase a rear blade for dirt work and snow removal. I thought about getting a heavy blade (around 400lbs). I would like a reversable blade and one that tilts. Does any one have any advice about a blade. Is heaver better or would a lighter one be a better option.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Good rear blade

View my Photos

1999-05-12          3719

I just got a Bush Hog rear blade and it reverses, tilts, swivels, and offsets. I paid $275 for it and can not imagine buying anything less. It is heavy and thus very dificult to manipulate. I got it to move dirt, not snow, and it can take a healthy bite if you are not careful. I would think that you would have to be very careful using it for snow or you could do serious damage. If I were going to push snow, I would think that a front blade on a loader frame would be much better because you can set it to float.Of course I have verly little expirience with the blade at this time, so it is just my perception. ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos
Mark_in_NH

1999-05-12          3747

> got a Bush Hog rear blade and it reverses, tilts, swivels, and offsets. > I paid $275 for it I've just been shopping for a rear blade, and this is a very good price for one that tilts. Is it new? What model number? ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-05-13          3764

Get as much rear blade as you can afford. It should tilt, angle, and offset allwith pull-pin adjustment. A 30 to 40 HP tractor is bigger than most compacts, soyou can use a heavy blade. Get one that is heavy. It should reverse without fouling the rear of the tractor. A brand that you may want to look at is called"Big Rhino". In the 30 to 40 HP range you will be paying much more than $275 unless you stumble on a real deal in a used blade. BTW, don't be afraid ofbuying a used blade. All blades will angle, most will tilt, and a few will also offset. They must do all of these things without tools. If you can get end plates and shoes for the blade you should do so. ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos
paul

1999-05-13          3783

All 3-point blades I know of float. Also when it snows it usually is frozen, so there is not much 'damage' to be done? But that's just my experience in MN. :)--->Paul ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos

1999-05-13          3791

I purchased a Woods/Gill HBL84 and am VERY pleased with it. It weighs over 450# and tilts, swivels and offsets. It did an outstanding job of snow removal this year, especially compared to the light duty 6' blade that came with my tractor. I'd buy it again if I had it to do over again... ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos

1999-05-13          3802

AllenWhat type of tractor do you have and how much pto Horse power does it have? ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos

1999-05-15          3850

I got it through Richie Tractor. I live in NC next to the Tenn boarder, so delivery was not a problem. Actually it was an upgrade. Richie carries the Eagle brand line of implements and that is what I ordered. He quoted me $245 for the basic blade and $275 for the BDG60 tilt and swivel. That is what I ordered. He was out of stock on the BDG60 so he gave me a Bush Hog 70-06 for the same price.I wondered if it might have been refurbushed, but it was in excellent shape and the cutting blade was new. It was kinda scratched up, but it weighs over 500 lbs so I attibuted it to handling. Regardless, I am very happy with it.It is built for CatI and CatII hitches and rated up to 70HP, so I know it will last on my TC33D. I guess if I need rear ballast, I will just hook up the blade.Bill... ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos

1999-05-15          3852

I have a Kubota L2350 w/25 HP. The blade, however is rated for tractors over from about 35-70 HP. ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos
Brent

1999-10-28          9206

I have just ordered Bush Hog 70-06 rear blade, and will get it in a couple of weeks. The dealer is is concerned that the blade may be too much for my 4200 Deere with loader and turf tires as it weights 510 lbs. I like the blade because of the easy offset adjustment, and figure a heavier blade won't get torn up as easily. Does anyone know if my tractor (weighs 2500 lbs w/o loader and is 20 pto hp) can handle it for snow and driveway duties okay?Thanks,Brent ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos
art

1999-10-28          9210

Brent, That blade is big but a good choice. The only way a three point hitch blade digs is from a good edge and the weight of it to penetrate the ground I think you made a good choice. Art ....

Good rear blade

View my Photos
dbernardi

1999-11-28          10428

Wow, sounds like a good deal..... $275 for a BH70-06.

I just paid $380 for a landpride RB1572 (no tilt). They must have seen me coming. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login