Go Bottom Go Bottom

kubota B7100 B7200 B7300 Identify

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-02-26          1336

Ron go to www.kubotasource.com, This sight will answer alot of your questions. good luck ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos

1999-02-26          1337

We had about 4 inches of wet snow that I tried to clear with a 5 foot rear blade. I couldn't get around well at all! What do I need, chains, weights,or both? I am concerned that if the tires are loaded with chloride, it will tear up the grass in the summer. Any experience from anyone?

View my Photos
jim

1999-02-26          1352

I have a ford 1620 4 wheel drive with a 5 ft backblade also. I also have turf tires and it plows snow very well (heavy or light). I'm not getting into a ford vs. kubota thing, but if my information is correct the ford is about 3 or 4 hundred pounds heavier than the kubota. Therefore I think all you need is some more weight. I don't have any chains on mine right now. Hope this helps. good luck. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-26          1359

Actually, my driveway from the barn where I keep the tractor is gravel, and fairlysteep (although the Suburban went up & down ok). I started up the driveway,in 4 wd, and started to loose traction. I engaged the traction lock, but notonly stopped, but slid backward down the hill as the tires continued to turn forward.Good thing the rear blade was on, it was a good brake. I made it up on the fourth try, in high gear. The tire lugs filled up quickly with snow, and stayed that way. The tractor weighs about 2100 lbs, and I have 150 lbs of weight on the front. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-27          1361

I also have an L2350 dt with woods front loader and the turfs were not worth acrap in the snow So i purchased the ag tires and rims for 1140 bucks well worth it in my opinion as it only takes me about 45 minsto swap all 4 tires and now with the ags its like a totaly different machineand when its time to tread lightly i just switch back ....

View my Photos

1999-02-27          1362

Calcium in turfs should not tear up your grass, least not like an unloaded ag will and weight of any kind always help. However, the heavier tires will compress the soil quicker, making it harder for grass to grow. If you are using the tractor for lawn (appearance) work and riding over things like leach fields, CaCl might not be an option. I'd recommend chaining if you don't want to go the expense of ags. I priced chains at www.tirechains.com and they seem to be very competitive. Expect rears to cost in around $125-200, depending on size/type/etc. However, ags are the best for traction.Lee ....

View my Photos
Von

1999-02-27          1365

Steve, I have a B8200 4WD hydro. With turf tires and loader. I use a 8 ft. back blade and never have a problem it the snow (I live in upstate NY) My driveway is 300ft. long down hill and I also clean a full size ice rink. I don't have chains or loaded tires and it works fine. I figure the weight to be around 2500lbs. so maybe the extra 400lbs. makes a differance. Just my thoughts. Von ....

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-02-27          1368

Steve; Put chains on the front tires. I have a JD 755 with turfs and with the loader the weight is around 2500 or so. I was having alot of problems with traction so I had an old set of ATV chains and they fit perfect on the front tires 23x8.50-12's. I've had them on for about 3 months now and haven't had any trouble with traction. I have been logging firewood and get good traction even on Ice, as long as the tree isn't to big ie, larger than 18-20inch. at the butt. Just remember if you put chains on all four tires, don't use 4WD unless you're stuck. If you run it in 4WD with chains all around after a while it will tare up the drive train.hope this helps,David ....

View my Photos

1999-02-27          1369

Consider chains for the rears if you have the necessary fender clearance. They will give you the most result for the dollars invested. Added weight will help some, but not as much, and is difficult (cast) or impractical (CaCl) to remove when not needed. Ag tires will cost more and give less reliable results than chains (little, if any better in wet snow or ice). The guy with the 2500lb Kubota & 8' blade is blowing smoke, not plowing snow. Way too much blade for that tractor anywhere north of Miami. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-27          1371

No smoke blown, Just plowing snow I'm going down hill for the driveway and on the ice it has worked fine for the past 4 yrs. You shouldn't talk about what you don't know. ....

View my Photos

1999-03-02          1434

Ihave a B2150 with a 5 ft blade and a woods loader. Have run the last 1 1/2 years on turfs with no problemHad 10 to 12 inches a week ago monday and plowed right through it ( by the way I'm in Omaha which is north of Miami).532 ft long driveway straight up hill along with various parkingareas. I also try to plow downhill when possible (DUHH!!). Have also cleared the neighbors properties. I am not saying thatchains would'nt help just that I have'nt had a real need for them.Also FYI Another neighbor got the best bid on chains for his unit from Tractor supply Co. $110 vs $225 ....

View my Photos
Bob

1999-11-12          10042

That is a scary situation have you tried chains since, what percent slope are you talking about my drive is about 6% to 8% slope at 8 or 10% it is much harder to maintain traction ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login