Go Bottom Go Bottom

SHIBAURA SD2243 hydraulic filter

View my Photos
slider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-18          151441

Can Anyone let me in on the location of hydraulic oil filter? I have an SD2243. Good little machine but the 3point bleeds down. I have added some Lucas Oil. That did help, but it still won't stay elevated. I do have a owner's and parts manual but I haven't found where it lists a filter for hydraulics. Thanks in advance..

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-19          151463

I'm certainly NOT an expert on Shibauras, but I can tell you this;

The 3pth bleed down is a common problem on a lot of smaller tractors, and is nothing to do with the hydraulic system as such.

It is caused by a seal failure in either the cylinder itself, or the control valve which operates it. This is a PITA in either case because both of those items are inside the rear end of the tractor.

Products like Lucas only work by thickening the oil, and in some cases intentionally causing the seals to swell in an effort to block the leak. Neither of those will usually do anything for this type of leak.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
slider

2008-02-20          151480

Thanks Murf. Does that mean that I have to just deal with it? I mean, if the hydraulics won't stat in one position, the tractor is nearly useless. Any tips? ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-20          151481

First off, the basics, the 3pth falling isn't due to a loose control lever vibrating into the down position is it?

This is more common a problem than you'd believe, and it's easily fixed.

If it is a seal problem, there are ways to fix it, but all of them involve replacing the offending seal, be it in the valve or cylinder.

Some of these machines have access ports that allow repair without complete dissassembly.

As I said before, I'm certainly NOT an expert on Shibauras, but we do have a couple of guys who know they're way around them, Greg G. comes to mind right off the top. Maybe he'll jump in on this thread and offer his advice.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-02-20          151492

If Shibaura was Chinese, I might be able to help. My experience with Japanese diesels stops with the little 2 and 3 cylinder Yanmars. Sorry.

But Murf's on the right track. Many of these Asian tractors apply the same lifter principal, one big hydraulic cylinder under the seat. Similar to rings on a piston, the hydraulic cylinder likely has an O-ring around it's circumference, and a wiper ring near the end. Replacing those is often the solution to TPH leakdown

//greg// ....

View my Photos
slider

2008-02-21          151526

Thx Greg; Where is Shibaura from? How difficult is that cylinder to change, or should I ask Sheaffer/ ....

View my Photos
slider

2008-02-21          151527

Just read Murf's post; I have looked around the machine some/ really waiting on this Louisiana weather to clear up. I have recently moved and dont yet have a great place to work out of the weather. lol.. Thx guys, keep posting & I'll keep you updated. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-02-21          151529

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider | view 151526
Thx Greg; Where is Shibaura from?How difficult is that cylinder to change, or should I ask Sheaffer/
It's Japanese, so I can only speak in generalities. But typically drain the hydraulic sump, remove the seat, open the hydraulic box (some have to be physically removed from the tractor), then pull out the cylinder. If the tractor is designed for UTF - that is, has one common sump for both tranny/diff AND hydraulics - there's probably no need to drain everything.

Not difficult, just heavy and time consuming. Once the cylinder is out, you strip off what's left of the O-ring and wiper, replace them, clean out any debris that's in the bottom of the sump. If it's really really dirty in there, a kerosene flush might be in order. And - if there is one - inspect the suction screen while the box is still open.

Put everything back together, and go back to work. But - I stress that I've never worked specifically on a Shibaura. So I'm speaking here in the broadest of terms.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
slider

2008-02-21          151531

Sounds do-able; Will look at soon. ....

View my Photos
slider

2008-03-26          152448

Pulled the whole hydraulic chunk. O-Ring was wasted. Having a friend put a kit on it. Will update the progress once it is back on the SD.
Thx Guys ....

View my Photos
slider

2008-04-05          152771

Alright, finally, cylinder ring replaced. The old one was shot. Lifts fine, still have the leak down. When the key is turned off but the tractor still running, the lift falls. Started looking at electric over hydaulic solenoids and now the three point hitch doesn't leak down, it falls down. Frustrated. Good ideas? ....

View my Photos
slider

2008-04-14          152948

Have had some issues with the coils involved with electric over hydraulic setup. 3 pt hitch now holds with box blade but not bush hog. That is improvement. Still attempting to finish the fix. ....

View my Photos
Tristero

2021-08-19          200490

Hello,

I am searching for the hydraulic filter of this tractor - Where does it sit and what type is it (for replacement)?

Does anybody know?

I am also serching a manual.

Thank you!

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2021-08-31          200511

The hydraulic filter is on the suction line on the hydraulic pump. I can supply manuals. ....

Link:   japanese tractor parts

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login