Go Bottom Go Bottom

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-08          107545

Since last Thur. the local Farm and Fleet stores have the 60" tillers on sale for $1195. I asked and to my amazement she checked for me and told me that the 72" tillers will be on sale from May 4th to the 18th (or there abouts give or take a day or so) For $1455. Thats about a hundred off the list now. So if anyone shops these stores and are buying a tiller get the 60" now or wait till May if your buying a 72". Hope this saves someone some bucks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

KK tiller sale

View my Photos

2005-03-08          107574

the 60inch KK tiller is $1090.00 in wausau,wis

doc ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
StephenR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-08          107590

After I saw your post I called TSC, $1225 no sale. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-03-08          107606

Stephan R
Is that for a KK? Whats the price on a 72"
DOC
WHere is that at? If you can check for me on a 72" I would appreciate it. I am ready for a road trip soon
Thanks guys
tom ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-03-08          107607

Stephan
Can you post a pic of the timothy? Preerably a close up?
Last summer I had what I believe is timothy invade/grow and over take one of my plots. Look at my pic 17. This is what I was cutting. Tomarroo I will post a close up. Thanks ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos

2005-03-09          107634

SORRY

I should have said at Fleet Farm in Wausas
I think the 72inch was about $1450

doc ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
havoctec

2005-03-09          107645

Brokenarrow
Chech the attached site. When there scroll down till you see timothy on left side. Sellect it and then you will be abel to see pics of timothy.
The stuff your mowing looks to tall to be timothy. I'm thinking reed canary grass. ....

Link:   

Click Here

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
StephenR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-09          107653

BA,
It's still under snow here, and I admit I have not put pictures in top priority. I'll look at your pictures tomorrow at work on our better internet connection.
I'm sorry about yesterday's post, I have the flu or something. That price is for the 60" tiller at TSC in Eastern Pennsylvania. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
havoctec

2005-03-09          107675

That link did not work. Just try the url.
http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/cropsystems/DC5669.html ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-03-09          107678

I just got home and found the weekly TSC ad. For the Midwest states of Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin, they show a 60" tiller for $1154.94.

I don't know if I can get it past the wife. But I'd sure like to try. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
beagle

2005-03-09          107686

You guys are seeing some good prices. Agri Supply is listing the 60" for $1365 and the 72" for $1625. You need to add shipping to these costs.

Show your wife those numbers,... might help. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos

2005-03-09          107687

Wausau Wisconsin is just about in the center
of the state of Wisconsin. It is located right
on Interstate 51. It is virtually straight east
of St. Paul, Minnesota - about 180 miles

doc ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
jwngej

2005-03-09          107695

I looked at a used one today between Waupaca and New London , a 52" KK blue , they wanted $1200. The tines were like new but the paint wasn't very good. It looks like new is the way to go in this case. I was hoping $600 or $700 would be the price. JohnJ ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-03-10          107707

The Wausau, WI Fleet Fram is advertising the 72" King Kutter Gear Tine Tiller (TG-72-Y) for $1299.99 through March 12th. The 60" is listed at $1099.99 ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2005-03-10          107709

I had been waiting for the KK tillers to go on sale and they have not budged yet. The price for a 60" KK tiller in WV is $1,220 and they are setting outside and don't look to be in the best of shape. I sent my dealer an e-mail and he quoted me a 60" Woods tiller for $1,295. I picked it up this past Saturday. Haven't got to try it out as the ground is either very soft or frozen. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos

2005-03-10          107724

John J.

Never buy a used tiller at that price, unless a
98 year old woman bought it last year. Go new
and keep it up by lubing,tightening bolts,cleaning,
changing oil yearly, and other general maintenence
and your unit will last indefinately.

doc ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
jwngej

2005-03-10          107726

I didn't buy it, I just said thanks and drove away.. I will buy new when I am ready, Maybe I will check out Wausau.. JohnJ ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos

2005-03-10          107727

Kubotaguy

I hope you have good luck a Woods. I compared a
KK with a John Deere before purchase. John Deere
is supposed to be the top of the line and the
KK was just as good in every aspect at "1/2"
the price. I used my 60inch KK tiller last year
for over 100 hours, first on my B2400 Kubota, then
on my L3430 Kubota. The L3430 just played with it
and I like the radio and air conditioning also.
Other than some slight wear on the teeth(which Fleet
Farm doesnt carry-brilliant eh!), I had no problem.
I sure hope you got a slip clutch unless you have no
rocks. I must say that I completely clean the unit,
check fluids,grease, and check nuts after every use.
I am kind of a nut that way! I went direct to KK to
get a pack of 3left and 3right teeth -$53.52 delivered.
doc ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
StephenR

2005-03-10          107731

BA, That looks pretty tall for timothy at least in our area. Also here in Eastern Pa. it's kind of hard to grow. Timothy is planted along with orchard grass. Eventually the timothy fades away and the orchard grass takes over. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
havoctec

2005-03-10          107733

I disagree with your assesment on the kk being the same as the JD. I do believe they will both get the job done without any noticable difference. The only thinik I would be concerned with is longevity. The quality of the parts on the KK are just not at the same standard as the JD or several other brands that compre in price to the JD. Form, fit and finish are all better in the JD. Now I am not sure that they will last longer but a freind of mine has one and he has worn out two sets of tines without any trouble. If king cutters bearings, gears and gear boxes are of lesser quality, they will not last as long. I do not know if that is the case.
I was thinkig about buying a KK but I got lucky and picked up a 65" JD for $1600. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2005-03-10          107734

My Woods tiller does have a slip clutch and if it is anything like my Woods rake and blade it will handle just about anything I throw at it. I was going to go with the KK tiller since KK stuff is generally less expensive but for only $75 difference, I couldn't justify the step down in quality. If the KK tiller would have been around $1,000 then that would have been something different. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos

2005-03-10          107742

Kubotaguy

what is this "step down in quality crap"
as I said,my KK tiller
is built as GOOD and solid
as a John Deere, and I have worked on both
my KK tiller and my neighbors John Deere
and see virtually NO difference. If Woods
brand is your preference-fine; but dont
insult my intelligence. I have worked on
just about all types of farm equipment
since the late 60's, so I know quality.
not a dumb a__
doc ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
StephenR

2005-03-10          107743

Kubotaguy, Which model Woods tiller did you get?

Doc, Are you saying you had to replace the tines after 100hrs? ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos

2005-03-10          107746

StephanR.

No, I said after about 100 hours some slight wear
is noticable. Had no other problems. You may have
this confused with the John Deere tiller my neighbor
picked up and we salvaged what we could and rebuilt
it. By the way some of the parts we made, some we
salvaged from old equip., and some we had to purchase
new, but we got it rebuilt to about 80 to 85%,
which we considered a sucess,because it was junk
when we started. It had not only been used alot,it
hadnt been properly maintained (the most important
thing you can do) and it sat outside a few years,
basically in the mud. Most important, it now works!
doc ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
StephenR

2005-03-10          107759

doc,
This is the line I'm confused about "I went direct to KK to
get a pack of 3left and 3right teeth -$53.52 delivered." Do you mean you can use KK teeth(tines) on other tillers? I went to KK site, the 60" tiller is 600+lbs, a hefty little unit. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2005-03-11          107771

It is what it is. It has been discussed and proven that KK stuff is on the lower end of quality. I have looked at their boxblades and their rear blades. Their boxblade quality doesn't even come close to the quality of my Befco boxblade nor does their backblade come close to the quality of my Woods rear blade. Thus the reason for the cheaper prices. Just look at how it hooks to the lower links on the 3 pth. The KK uses a pin for the arm to go over where as the Woods uses two pieces of steel for the arm to go between and and pin go through. That is much stronger. I'm not going into everything, just remember that heavier is not always better, you have to look at the welds, paint, thickness of steel, etc. I didn't say KK was cheap, I just said it was lower quality. As a matter of fact, if I wouldn't have gotten the Woods at the price I did, I would have gotten the KK tiller. Don't get pissed at me for voicing my opinion. You don't have to justify your purchase to me. If you are happy with it then good for you.

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-03-11          107803

Here is my unbiased opinion. I have NEVER heard one bad post about KK tillers here or any where else (I go do alot of research now a day since I have nothing better to do LOL) I agree that KK does have some products that are built with less than ideal size/thickness and bracing. I said on some products (actually on most of them) The box blade I have is built less sturdy than the woods or JD, NO DOUGHT! My box blade will not be used all that much and for the money (half the price of the other two) I can beef up the bracing if needed and replace the cutting edges about 20 times. I dont think it will ever come to that cause like I said, I wont use it all that often.
MY brush cutter is a different story. I went with woods for 2 reasons. 1. I think JD sells the best out there (from research no practical experiance) But woods has a quality one also and it was $300+ cheaper. I did not like the KK brush cutter but still, it would of done fine I am sure for the NON comercial use. 2: I did not like the design of the KK rotary cutter. Like some one else said, personel choice I guess.
The Back blade again is a case of what to buy. KK is better than the 20 year old hunk of crap I own but I could not justify buying a new one yet. I do not like the KK back blade's design. At the same time though the $700+ tag on the others is hard to swallow but in the case of a back blade when the time comes I will buy a spendy one from a bigger name. Again personel choice.
The rake and other equipment I feel are very cheaply built by KK but I am sure it will work work for many folks that have them. Here is where I differ with some of you.
The KK tiller I have inspected closely in the last 3 weeks. For what ever reason with this product, I feel they have beefed it up more than their other equipment. Maybe because there really is not much too a tiller. The parts that need to be beefy just are? Maybe they could not skimp on some of these to make one that will hold up? I dont know. From what I have seen the tiller is just as quality built as the name products tillers. But here again is where I need to look at what I will do with it.
DOC 100 hours on the tiller is a heck of alot. Thats good to hear! Think about it that is working 2 1/2 solid 40 hour weeks running it. Thats more than most will put on a tiller in 5 years. I plan to use mine for my food plots. The 8 acre field will always be done with conventional methods, but I have (2) 1 acres plots and (1) 1 acre plot that will be what the tiller is for not to mention the garden area. Even with these 3 plots I dont think I will use the tiller more than 15-30 hours a year. WHY would I want to spend more money on a paint job? Not trying to start anything but if I start seeing posts from actual users of the product that say's it brakes down or dont do the job then I would change my opinion but I have NEVER heard anyone bad mouth it yet.
I understand there are a few different kind of buyers out there. There are the ones that are loyal to their manufactures products and will defend them all day long (especially green guys) Thats cool! They make a top quality product and you cant go wrong with buying anything green. Only thing is that you better have deep pockets. Any company that can paint something green hand tools/grass cutters/shirts/hats/ toys and charge the inflated prices they do (on NON-agricutural products) and get away with it more power to them. I for one have been slowly changing my buying practices. I only buy top quality when I plan to use it all the time and abuse it just a bit also. You do get what you pay for many times! But since I dont live on either "coast" I am frugal with my money and actually care about what I pay for a pair of shoes. The KK tiller is what I think will fit my calling card. Thank you all for responding. I am calling Wausau tomarroo and see if I can reserve one on my credit card till I can get up there. I need to check on the price first hand though cause thew farm and fleet by me says that $1455 is as cheap as they will get and it is not untill May that they go on sale here.
Thanks again for the info

BTW Those pics are timothy matches up perfect with what I had. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-03-11          107809

Just checked info out. All KK products are on sale at the fleet farm stores. Not at the farm and fleet store? I am heading to the closet fleet farm tomarroo.
Thanks for the sale info ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-11          107810

As far as the King Kutter rear blades. Keep in mind that KK does offer differant grades of rear back blades.
I do not like the cheaper $200 model rear blade, but I have the Professional series rear blade (paid around $415 ) and so far I do like it.
They also offer a heavy duty rear blade so some options are availible depending on how much you want to spend.. ....

KK tiller sale

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-03-11          107814

DK
I just saw that! Well worth the extra money I think.
We need to remember that most of these tools we are talking about is not rocket science in design. Its mainly how much money they put into the material and how much welding is done on them. Most of the time a cheaper tool will have less beef to it and less costly design features.
Like anything though you need to way the cost effectiveness of what you need verse what you have to spend. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login