Go Bottom Go Bottom

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos
Chas
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-05-03          3432

Anyone have concerns putting a 420 loader on a 4300? The actual lift capacity differences seems minimal. Intended use is for utility use around acreage handling misc dirt, manure, some rock, etc. Nothing that is time critical.I am trying to narrow down a final configuration. Looks like I might settle for a 4300/HST/4WD/DSCV/mid-pto/turf tires with 420 loader, #45 rear blade and #513 6' rotary cutter. Waiting on final word and price. Thanks for all the input on things so far. I sure appreciate this CTB board!Charlie

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos

1999-05-03          3434

Assume you are trying to decide between the 420 and 430 loaders. As you point out, differences in lift capacity are minimal (lift capacity at the lift pin is about 70 lbs. greater on the 430 than the 420...). However, the 430's maximum lift height (at pivot pin) is about 1' greater than the 420 - depending on your intended applications, this may be important. If not, you'll probably be happy with the 420 and save yourself a few bucks too. Good luck :-)) ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos

1999-05-04          3470

Chas, I hope your order for a 4300 is quicker than mine will be. My dealer can't even tell me for sure when I will get my machine but it looks like a 9 week delay at a minimum and I suspect he is not telling me the whole story and it could go much longer. I guess JD is unprepared for the demand and machines are being built as fast as they can produce them but not sufficiently to meet demand. My 4300 came with ROPS, 430 bucket for 17980. I also ordered some implements but I figured the tractor and bucket price would give you the best comparable. Now we'll see if we really get the machines! Dave ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos
Chas

1999-05-04          3475

Well - it turns out the 420 loader is unavailable anyway and they do have a 430 loader in stock with the 61" bucket. They have the 4300 w/SyncReverser in stock but I decided to go for the Hydro instead. I have to have something by June 1. So, the dealer did a search of stock at other dealers and found a 4300/HST/4WD/Mid PTO/folding ROPS/DSCV/turf tires. The two dealers are going to make a trade (they are not quite 300 miles apart). Cost of tractor listed above + 430 loader is 19,071 (16,046 + 3,025 respectively). I, too, am getting a couple other implements that will add to that.I'm well aware of the order time. I was told that an order placed today wouldn't be delivered until late June at the earliest and would most likely looking at July sometime. I have been told by another party that, due to such a short supply of the compacts, Deere is making their dealers either give up their inventory of these tractors to another dealer who has it sold or to pay Deere immediately for it rather than hold the inventory. So, if a dealer somewhere is intending to horde them at Deere's expense, they will end up having to pay Deere for the right to have them on their lot or make them available to other dealers who could sell them. The plant is running three shifts to try to meet demand.Charlie ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos
Chas

1999-05-04          3476

Dave:I meant to ask - you mentioned your 4300/ROPS/430 loader for 17,980. What other options? Hydro? tires? Mid PTO? If so, you got a very good deal, in my estimation (not that I fully understand this market, though). I perhaps will pay a bit of premium for the extra shipping and the fact that I am buying one in stock? I'm just glad to find one!charlie ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos
Chas

1999-05-04          3477

Dave:I meant to ask - you mentioned your 4300/ROPS/430 loader for 17,980. What other options? Hydro? tires? Mid PTO? If so, you got a very good deal, in my estimation (not that I fully understand this market, though). I perhaps will pay a bit of premium for the extra shipping and the fact that I am buying one in stock? I'm just glad to find one!charlie ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos

1999-05-04          3480

FYI,Just thought you'd get a kick out of knowing that JD's compact (read: 4300 HST) sales are (supposedly) running upwards of 600-700 %(!!!!!) above last year's. If true, I guess that's as good a reason as any to have to wait 10+ weeks for one. ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos

1999-05-05          3490

FYI-I understand what you're going thru. While looking for a 4300 HST I was informed by a dealer that JD was totally unprepared for the demand that now exists; sales are supposedly up 600% over the same period last year. I can get any 4300 I want,as long as it's not hydro, and suspect there may eventually be some good deals on them once JD catches up with the HST demand.Good luck - I hope it shoes up sooner than expected. ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos

1999-05-06          3529

Chas, My 4300 comes with Hydrostatic transmission, RoPS, ag tires, and 430 loader. I priced several dealers and let them know they needed to offer their best price to get my biz. My local dealer wanted the biz more and I have had good experiece with them so I ordered from them. Now I have to wonder how long I will wait to get it! Dave ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos
Tony

1999-05-09          3615

I found a 4300 wtih a 430 loader. It is about 4 months old with 200 hours.$13,100.Does that sound like a fair price? I'm thinking about selling my Allis Chambers 5020.It is a 21 hp pto with a two cylinder deisel 720 hrs. Any idea on an asking price for it and a 5' king cutter finishing mower? I'm in Mississippi ....

420 loader on 4300

View my Photos

1999-05-10          3638

This sounds like a good deal. You have saved somewhere close to 5000.00 for the 200 hours of use. Dave ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login