Go Bottom Go Bottom

any creative financing

View my Photos
scott wilson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-14          1699

Has anyone come across any rent/purchase lease/purchase options thatwill get you financed longer than the traditional 5yr?The best I have found so far is a dealer that will take the 20% down over6mos as a rental (full application) and then 7.9% 60mos. I am looking forsome way to get a new tractor at 84mo or longer.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

any creative financing

View my Photos

1999-03-14          1700

Have you considered a home equity loan? Unlike dealer financing options, the interest is tax-deductible to boot. ....

any creative financing

View my Photos

1999-03-14          1714

Deere currently has 10% down 9.9 for 84 months. ....

any creative financing

View my Photos

1999-03-15          1732

Guys:It's just a tractor. I can understand wanting a new one, but if you have to finance one of thesefor more than 5 years you should really reasses what your goals are whenbuying an item that depreciates. Really 5 years is enough.... ....

any creative financing

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-03-15          1734

Usually I would agree, I once was a financial consultant. But when it comes to trators they do not depreciate like other autos. If at all possible wait, save the $$. But if you must, a tractor is better than any other Vehicle for slow depreciation. Just be aware of what you are doing. Multiply the # of years by the payment, subtract the price of the machine== that is what you are paying for the convenience of payments.David ....

any creative financing

View my Photos

1999-03-15          1738

Folks these tractors are a tool that depreciates!! They are not an investment. Financing for greater than 5 yearsis foolish at best. One could consider it an option if the tractor was for commercialwork and you could depreciate it over the first 5 years. ....

any creative financing

View my Photos
John Boylan

1999-03-16          1747

Some farmers will lease for up to 5 years and then purchase @ lease-specified price & financing, typically for 3 to 5 more years of payments. This lets you bail out at the end of the lease if you need to. Of course, as larry murray and larry m have indicated, you pay for all these choices. ....

any creative financing

View my Photos

1999-03-16          1766

Financial consultant, I hope you have finally found success in another field.It doesn't take my MBA in Finance to realize that you borrow short and you lend long.A tractor is not an automobile, it is a tool. Where is your empirical data thatproves a tractor will depreciate at a lower rate that a car. An automobile is a conveyance to and fromwork, i.e. your income or revenue. A tractor in many cases is a luxury item thatone uses disposable income to purchase. Most of us would not want to make car payments for 5 years, but in some cases you have to because it is how you get to and from work.Is it worth paying 8-9% interest for a tractor that for 5-7 years? Maybe the best solution is to buy a tractor and drive it to work for 5-7 years. ....

any creative financing

View my Photos

1999-03-17          1798

Go out and find a tractor blue book and compare to an auto blue book. You will find car depreciate at a far higher rate. Some Kubotas depreciate at only 2% a year, mainly the compacts. Find me a car that can go under 10% --NOT.. Why ? supply and demand..... ....

any creative financing

View my Photos

1999-03-18          1799

I agree that cars depreciate at a much higher rate. So feel free to do the legworkyourself. It's just plain crazy to take a loan for 7 years. No doubt about tractors holding value look at all the 30-40 year old 8N's and 9N's that sell for $2500-$3500eveb today. But 2% depreciation, What model of Kubota, because that's the one I want! ....

any creative financing

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-03-20          1857

Larry; Sometimes in life there are more important things than making or saving $$. If taking the loan out for 7 years means the diff. between ever getting the tractor or not, well I'd say if he can afford it and the kids won't starve, go for it. Probably the happyness it brings will well outway the extra $$ he spent.IMHO,David ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login