Go Bottom Go Bottom

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Ricker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-31          52268

I am trying to do some research on compact tractors. I now know that I will probably not purchase a "grey" tractor. I am very interested in buying a smaller 20-25hp tractor for my property. I know that I do not want to spend the $15K for a John Deere even though I do know they are great tractors but as much as I will be using it, it will not pay for itself. I have seen these Nortrac's new for $9900 witth loader and gannon. Is it a good option? Does anyone have any information or real experience on the NorTrac?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2003-03-31          52272

All I know is that you better run it through its paces before the 6 month warranty expires. My jd has a 2 yr warranty and I KNOW I can get parts AND service!!! Ever thought of buying a good trade in on one of the big three ??? A lump sum or three big payments sound nice but a resonable payment will leave you some funds to buy implements, say what you will but you will always look for more. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
John_S

2003-03-31          52284

Nortrac is a Jinma tractor. You will find allot of info on Jinma tractor, at my website below. They are not JDs at much lower prices. They do offer allot of value to someone that can turn their own wrenches, if need be. If you are close to a Nortrac dealer, you can opt for longer than 6 month warrantee. A Nortrac rep has been active on the CTOA board, for some time. Also, they have just started some quarterly online newsletters.

There are a couple of smaller Jinma dealers that are in AZ. See the dealer list on my site. ....

Link:   Website

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Ricker

2003-04-01          52347

Thanks for the info. I have been around heavy equipment for 10 years and we always have used Caterpillar machinery due to the fact that they are the best along with a great supply of parts and service. I normally laugh when I see these Japanese types of heavy equipment on a site. After my research it sounds like I should just bite the bullet and get a John Deere or New Holland, what is a few thousand more when it should last a lifetime. Thanks again. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Ricker

2003-04-01          52349

I did get some info late yesterday off the internet that did tell me they were Jinma tractors. Thanks for the reply. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-04-01          52354

you might want to look at some of the Korean tractors, Kioti, Branson, Century, etc...good tranctors and cheaper than the big brands. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Ricker

2003-04-01          52355

Thanks. Are the parts easy to get your hands on? I live in AZ and the only dealers around here I am familiar with are JD, Ford, New Holland, Kubota. I can wrench with the best but if I can't get parts that is what scares me. Not that I want to be wrenching all of the time but when parts break or go bad I can do the repairs. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Ricker

2003-04-01          52358

Thanks for the advise. I just found a Kioti dealer 40 miles from Prescott. They seem to be nice tractors. I will check them out. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-04-02          52455

Ricker,
Kioti has 3 distribution centers in the USA that I know of. Ca, TX, and NC. Parts stocks seem good, with as good of a turnaround as the major brands.

disclaimer. No business association with Kioti tractors.
Actually I have no business associations with any tractor companies other than to buy stuff from them.

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-04-05          52640

I mentioned this in another post. I would check out all the Korean tractors. Century-Branson (twins except for loaders) Kioti and Mahindra. My local Century dealer had a 30HP 12x12 with R4 tires for $13,500. Anything decent used will cost more than that and you get a warranty with new. Kioti's are great in the 35 HP up range (except for the new CK20) Mahindra uses a Kioti engine and is a strong competitor. I personally don't like the loader as well as the loader and bucket are not quick attach. JMHO
Pacesetter ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Jsheds

2003-04-06          52679

If your going to spend $13,500 for an off brand, you may want to give NH and JD another look, NH has the TC30 and JD has a similar low budget 30 HP machine without the bells and whistles for around the same price.
Jim

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-04-06          52687

When Ricker started the post, he was looking at Chinese Nor Tracs. I think mentioning the Korean big three was appropriate. In my area the TC30 and JD790 are about $2000 more than the Century 2028 I mentioned. I personally have no use for the 790, but that's my opinion. Given a choice between TC30 and JD790 the TC30 is by far the better value. Still $2000 is a lot more to spend to get less tractor.
The Century I mentioned is overbuilt to an extreme. It uses the same drivetrain (12x12 shuttle) as their 48HP tractor(the one with the same Yanmar engine as a JD4710). Has three times the 3-PT capacity of the 790. It weighs over 3600 lbs. and is powered by a Cummins licensed diesel. Kukje (makers of Century) make JD 5000 series tractors and Cummins diesels for the Asian market. For someone looking not to spend a lot, I think the Korean tractors are at least worth a look. They should not dismissed so lightly.
JMHO
Pacesetter ....

Link:   

Click Here

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-04-06          52690

Jsheds,
I'm with Pacesetter here.
Do not dismiss the Korean tractors so lightly.
I looked at a Century tractor today for the first time,that thing was very heavy built.
For around the same price or just slightly more than the budget model Deere and NH (790 and TC-30)I purchased a Kioti DK 35.
In my opinion it is heavier,more comfortable,far-far more standard features,higher capacities,and a very well built tractor. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
R Beck

2003-12-27          72386

Yeah and if you look real hard you will see that Compact JDeere is made in China also. I own a Nortrac and very happy. Can get all the parts I want to when and IF I need them. If youe a mechanic then I guess there won't be a problem in the minor repairs need be cause it is not the fit and finish Of the JDeere but then again I saved $1000.'s ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
GaleHawkins

2003-12-30          72659

Pacesetter I see JD knows what local brands are worthly of the JD name outside of US market. They do the same with Zetor in Europe/Africa markets. People in US often refuse to use their heads and pay attention to JD's endorsement of "Off Brands" without knowing JD, NH and Kubota are "Off Brands" in some parts of the world. :) ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
sherry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-12          73771

Nor trac has a big supply of parts for their jinma tractors and there are also several dealers that can overnight your parts. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-23          74796

I paid $13,500 for my 2002 New Holland TC33D (They say they are MADE in USA but truth is they are assembled in the South from Japanese parts--as are many of so- called "American" tractors0. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
Richey Holton

2004-04-27          84465

Have a 1986 Nortrac 28 HP Diesel, PTO, 3 pt. hitch, with 60 inch woods finish mower in excellent condition. What should we sell it for? What is it worth? ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
edward_dugas

2004-04-27          84494

Richey -- I didn't know that the Nortrac (jinma's) were even selling in the US in the 80's. Thanks for the info. That would make it almost 18 years old. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
beagle

2004-04-27          84503

Want the tractor assembled in the U.S.? You can do it in your own backyard and save about $1500. Check out Tractorconnection, they will arrange for you to get one in the crate, with all the instructions and a video on putting them together.

The caution is that they don't always go together quite right, and you need a support source for glitches that are encoutered during assembly. I believe they offer a support service as well. ....

NorTrac Tractors

View my Photos
tpike35

2005-02-18          106417

AS a owen of a Nortrac 204C ,bought it new in May 2002 now I have over 175 hrs on it . I have had no real proublems with it ... I all so owen a John Deere 790 bought it new in Aug 2003 ... Nortrac is still working ..JD is in the shop...battery acid leak cover under warrenty ...can't beat that !!! ....Deere and nortract are both good tractor the Deere runs quiter and rides better and sure looks better but the Nortrac gets the job done just the same .... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login