Go Bottom Go Bottom

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos
SteveD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-02-01          979

Well, I called my local NH dealer today for a price on a 1725. I know it may not be a good idea, but I wondered about the price I was quoted by dealers who do not normally handle NH. Both were new 1725 4WD with Woods quik tak loaders and turfs. I was quoted $13,900 from both dealers. The NH dealer would not give me a price because he didn't have any. He wanted to sell me a 1720 with loader for $16,900. When I ask why dealers who don't sell NH had these new 1725's, he told me they were probably "grey market". They didn't look like it (not that I could tell!) and all controls were lettered in english. Anyone ever heard of NH "greys"?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos

1999-02-01          980

Is the 1720 still available new? I was thinking they were replaced by the Boomer 1725. I have seen rental/lease returns but no new 1720 s. The 1720 looks like it is heavier and more of a "work" tractor. Jeff ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos

1999-02-01          981

I think the 1720 must be one the dealer had left over or something. It looks like it only sold for $13,500 new, so i am not sure why the price is $16,900 witha loader. I did not see it, but I have seen other 1720's. That's why I thought$13,900 might be a good price for the 1725. ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos

1999-02-02          990

The 1530/ 1630/ 1725/ 1925 are all based on the older 1320 chassis. The 1725 is a base version like a Kubota L2500 as either are base versions, and they are not equipped with live PTO etc. I think the 1720 is much more tractor than the 1725 the only thing simular is the model number and that could be confusing.I would stay away from that guy who told you the Boomers were Grey They are assembled in a neew plant in GA engine/trans imported-- radiators, wheels, tires etc. are sourced in USA. That guy may intentionally misinforming you. BEWARE !! ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos

1999-02-02          991

Well I spoke with another NH dealer today who told me the 1725's I looked at were probably "bootlegged" here from Canada, and as such, were offered at very low prices. He told me the American NH dealers don't like it, and if I were to buy one, NH would not honor any warranty! When I ask how it was that the units were so much cheaper in the Canadian market than US, he didn't know. The other NH dealer wants me to look at the 1720 hydr, w/loader and turfs. He wants $16,500. Seems like a lot to me. Looks like the tractor alone sold new for $14,000, and must be at least 3 years old, I think last year of manufacture was 1996.Steve ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos
Georgeanne

1999-02-03          999

We have been shopping for NH tractors in the Cinci area and have gotten quotes of $12,900 and $13,367 w/o loader from two dealers in Brookville IN and Greensburg IN, respectively. These were the non-hydrostatic models. The loaders were $3300 and $3500 repsectively. We looked at and drove both the TC29 and 1720. By far and away from both specs and driving the 1720 is a hardier, less "baby-boomer" oriented tractor. The main questions we had were on the warranty. The 1720 comes with a 1 year complete and 2 year drive train while the TC29 comes with a 2 year complete and 3 year drive train warranty. Not sure if its a marketing ploy to the "baby boomer" or if they believe the 1720 will be purchased by a person who will use it in more substantial farming ventures. Sounds like we need to shop around a bit more and maybe employ some bargaining. ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos

1999-02-03          1000

Were these prices for the 1725, or the 1720? It looks like the 1720 was discontinued after 1996, so it is 3 years old. When I got the 1720 price, I assumed it was a current new model, because I didn't know anthing about that model at the time. ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos
Georgeanne

1999-02-04          1008

The tractors we drove all had under an hour on them so they are new, as far as we are concerned. True they are not making the 1720 anymore as these were assembled in Japan and now they ship the parts over here from Japan and assemble the TC29, etc. in their plant in Georgia. This is the info we were given by the two dealers we spoke with. We have 3 more to check with today. As long as the machine has hourly measurements that coincide with "new", its new. Reading the spec sheets side by side gives you a better idea of exactly what the differences are. The 1720 seems to be a hardier vehicle, from the metal shell (vs. fiberglass on the TC29) to the longer wheel base and heavier weight.Georgeanne ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos

1999-02-04          1010

I haven't found any dealers that even have TC's here(SE Michigan). One had a 1530 hydro for $14,100 plus tax. The only others around here are the 1725's I mentioned earlier. I would sure like to talk to someone at NH to get the true story about these 1725's being "bootleged" from Canada. It doesn't make sense that they are less expensive there! Anyway, good luck, and I would be interested in hearing some of the pricing you are getting. ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos
Farminlady

1999-02-10          1079

The 1725 Boomers had bad engines in them, as did the other Boomer models. The engine was redesigned for the TC models. Stay away from the older Boomers. I bought a 1725 in August, and had so much trouble with it that NH replaced in with a TC29 in November. I'm sure there are still some of the older models around that dealers are trying to get rid of! ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos
David Robinson

1999-02-13          1104

Was just at the Ashville,NC NH dealer. Had 2 of the smaller TC tractors, I can't remember the number. He also had a 1720 with a Woods loader, brand new, quoted me $16,200. Had a used 1715 with Bushhog loader (didn't look as good) for $12,000 with ~600 hours.Looked at the "Boomer" read on the NH web site assembled in America. Right there on the serial number stamp plate it said "Made in Japan". Looks like once again they are playing the definations to tell you what you want to here. Assembled must mean they bolt on something.David RobinsonP.S. The 1720 looked like a really good tractor. If I only had 16K ....

Grey Market NH Boomers

View my Photos
Ian

1999-03-28          2098

Would like to find a Canadian dealer/ distributer of said Grey machines. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login