Go Bottom Go Bottom

First New Holland from Tarheel Tractor

View my Photos
Bill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-03          87651

I just wanted to let you folks know what a great deal Tarheel Tractor gave me on my tractor. They Were the lowest price around. I drove from NY and picked up my tractor. I had no problems..and the tractor was everything they said it was. I would buy from them again anytime. I saved over 3000.00 buy going down there. Steve is a great guy and there number is 1-866-728-9719..

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-03          87652

This sounds like spam to me. A proud new owner would likely say what he bought and NOT include the phone number of the salesman. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-03          87657

I too thought it was a strange post, seemed to be touting the dealer a LOT more than his prized new tractor.

The 'subject' struck me as strange also, "First New Holland from tarheel Tractor" sounds more like a Grand Opening special than a pleased tractor owner.

Maybe I'm just too much of a cynic.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
scumote

2004-06-09          88206

As a recent customer of Tarheel's I can vouch for Steve. I purchased nearly $10k of attachments for my new TC33 site unseen over the phone from Steve. I expained to him that I had no knowledge of tractors, told him what I wanted and what I wanted it to do. A week later I was pulling the equipment of the truck. I have yet to mount and try out the backhoe, but the mower deck, brush cutter and rake fit my work perfectly. When I found out that I needed pins for the three point hitch, he overnighted TWO sets free of charge. Since he beat the local dealers prices by several hundred dollars, he will get all my repeat business. THank you kindly, Smitty. ....

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-06-10          88280

that is quite a statment!!!!!!!!!! I told ya they are GOOD! ....

View my Photos
whipittire

2004-07-03          89971

i dont push companies but steve is right, tarheel has been great. prices were much better than i could find elsewhere and brandon is a funny guy,he returned every question i asked no mater how stupid they may have seemed. lets face it your not buying a lawnmower for 1500. your spending 10-20-or over 30000 thats a lot of cash to me. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-04          90041

All I'll say is to drive from NY to NC is not very smart. I am located in PA and can always meet or beet there price. Now what are you going to do when you need warranty work done. More than likely your local dealer will blow you off. Any way good luck you'll probably need it. ....

View my Photos
lfarraher

2004-07-04          90070

Sounds like the competition is really bent to me!! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-04          90083

Well that is the way it is they will not out right tell you they will not wok on it but they will blow you off. We however will work on other dealers sales but we do not do it with the urgency we do like our customers. I know Tarheel sponsors this site but I do not agree with there business practices. They sell there tractors on e-bay yeah that is fine but if you live 500 mi away who is going to service your unit do the campaign work. Call them and I know your going to get hammered with an outrageous bill for a road call. Nh will only pay $50 for travel time. Plus how would you even know about some of the work that is required or as needed that NH calls for. If your lucky you might get a letter stating what needs to be done but then what. What is a sale with out service after the sale? A HUGE HEADACHE!!! But hey maybe you might get lucky and get a unit that will never need any repairs LOL. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-07-09          90396

I would agree with Oneace. I brought my NH in early June 04 from a local dealer about 18 miles away. They would not let me pickup the tractor, insisted on delivery, and on a Saturday morning. The delivery driver knew the tractor, went over everything, and answered all questions. I had an excellent purchasing experience. I have not used them for service yet, but will at he 50 hour interval.

Tractors are not like cars/trucks you don't purchase one every 3 -5 years. With a car dealership they will offer you service, even if they didn't sell the vehicle, hoping you will make a future purchase.

I am a firm believer of buying American and buying local. Yes, I know, the boomers are not all American made. However, when you purchase locally you provide the business to people who are your neighbors. ....

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-07-09          90399

Both of you said it well! ....

View my Photos
whipittire

2004-07-09          90404

guys are you telling me if i brought my tractor to a local shop they would refuse the 75-110 per hr plus parts to waranty it. i own an automotive repair shop and I just dont think they would turn down the green. I know Bush says the economy is great, but....we dont work for fun,we do it for the money. ....

View my Photos
jamesrm1

2004-07-09          90408

I have to agree with Oneace. 1st: Theres no way anyone is saving $3000 on a retail item. It's just not built into the profit struture. 2nd: I too am a big beliver in supporting my local guy. Even if his price is a few percentage points higher, it affects the local economy as well as gives you piece of mind. I screwed up my hydrolic system the first day with my tractor, and my local guy was in my driveway fixing the thing the following day.
Support your local economy and it will support you! ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2004-07-09          90411

One thing to consider is dealer overhead. As the owner of a small specialty outdoor store I know that my overhead (salaries and inventory costs, esp) is higher than an EMS or "big box store". This can make our prices, while still competitive, a bit higher (but not as much as some think). What we offer to counter that is much better service, by extremely knowlegable people who use the products they sell, and the ability to help customers get exactly what they need.

When I bought my tractor, I paid a little more and bought from a dealer who has a reputation for awesome service rather than his competitor who keeps prices down by minimizing overhead -- one notable area is that his service people don't have a good reputation.

Sure, I like saving money as much as the next guy -- but also understand that with excellent service comes higher overhead, hence a higher cost passed on to the customer.

The bottom line from a marketting standpoint is that a good deal is in the eyes of the customer. I paid more than I needed to, but went away happy with the deal I got. For others, the bottom line is all that matters. And the beauty of the capitalist system is that ultimately the market decides who thrives and who doesn't survive. ....

View my Photos
whipittire

2004-07-09          90423

In connecticut the best price I got was 37000,brandon sold me the same unit for 31000. thats not a few dollars. second i agree with on all point about serving your local economy.In my business I always buy local. but I am not throwing away 6 grand to keep my local new holland dealer happy esp.when they didnt seem to have enough time to even talk to me about it. i guess they already have enough money ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2004-07-09          90425

I agree -- a good dealer will do his best to be competitive. The difference for me was a few hundred bucks - worth it in my mind. Start talking thousands, though, no way. Honesty goes a long way. The guy I bought my tractor from said the closest he could get was within a few hundred dollars of his competitor and explained the reason why. He clearly wanted my business and left me feeling that he had been honest with me. Had he brushed me off or been arrogant, I would have walked away and gone elsewhere.

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-09          90458

I know exactly what happened. You check your local dealer and there price was high. Then a few days or weeks later you look at other sources, and surprise surprise there prices are thousands of dollars less. You know why. New Holland set in to place larger incentives in the time you waited. I must have had 25 to 30 people call me and tell me just what you said. My reply: I can match that price now. New Holland corporate really controls the price you pay for there tractor not the dealer, When they get a discount so do you. You should have wondered when it came to $7000 cheaper. There is no way that any dealer no matter how large could be $7000 lower with out incentives. I never said that they would out right refuse to do warranty work for you they will however make you a lower priority. Oh and F.Y.I. Most dealers lose money when it comes to warranty work for NH so there really is no green involved, some times they get lucky and break even but that is it. ....

View my Photos
ljfarraher

2004-07-10          90492

And by that respect I also agree.
It would be easier and better to buy local (Not to mention keeping the food on the plate so to say of the people next door who work there)as they provide more on the personal end.
And if that works out that they were a large asset to your purchase, advertise them here also..
Everyone is looking for a great deal during and after the buy..so they might take the trip.
All I am saying is don't critisize the advertisement of others..Just add your own..the more we know on different dealers..the better.. ....

View my Photos
cobratodd

2004-07-19          91359

I agree with the main topic of the original post, that the deal from Tarheel is far better than that of any local dealer (here in Connecticut) by at least $3K to $4K.

The unfortunate story that everyone should beware of is the fact that the tractor I purchase has been nothing but a complete disaster since I received it from Tarheel. I have less than 50 hours on this tractor!!

The bozo that assembled the F.E.L. didn't tighten a single hydraulic line, the suspension system on the cushion lift for the MMM was never installed correctly, jamb-nuts were never installed, grease fittings were stripped, broken or missing, and now the steering doesn't work at all. I'm going to have to crawl in on my hands and knees to the local dealer and see if he'll help me with the steering issue. Every nut and bolt has losened up or fallen off the frame on the F.E.L. The bolt for the radiator support feel off and is missing, the hinge nut and bolt for the seat also fell of and is missing. All of which I had to go to the store, buy the missing hardware and replace. This has been the biggest mistake EVER!!!
I would have paind the extra $3k anyday.

Granted the jerk was fired, and Brandon was helpfull in getting me the cushion lift spring and nuts the first time they fell of, but after the aggravaition of dealing with the initial issue, I decied that this is my problem for trying to save a buck.

Buyers THINK TWICE, maybe THREE TIMES.
IS IT REALLY WORTH IT??

I'm ready to roll this junk into the river.

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-19          91374

I am sorry to hear about your situation but this is the prime example of what I was talking about. The little stuff is what your LOCAL dealer is all about. I am sorry to say but tarheel is the K-MART of tractor sales. They ship all over the country at a cheap price but there service is less than tolerable. ....

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-07-19          91376

What has Tarheel tried to do to make you happy? From my experience with them,,I think they would bend over backwards to help,,what did they say? Did you talk to Brandon? This just surprises me,,they were soooo good to me! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-20          91481

I am not really saying that they are a terrible dealer. What i am saying is that they have no problem taking your money and shipping you your tractor 200 or 1000 miles to your door then leave you in the dust when it comes to service. I really do not want to pick on them particularly. For one I due not want to get sued for liable. For 2 I have not "personally" dealt with them but have been around when these buyers try to find some one local to do warranty or any other type of work to there tractor. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-07-20          91489

You know..........I just DON'T buy this "bussiness" about "if you don't buy from a local dealer, expect to not get the same kind of service and support that local buyers get". What if the tractor owner is a military man and has been reasigned to an area where he did not purchase the machine? Or a long time owner who has moved due to employment or other reasons? Are you telling me that he or she can expect to get the "slim pickin's" when it comes to warranty work or support????? If this is that case, then the local dealer is not worthy of buying from in the first place. If the machine is the right color and qualifies warranty wise; it is the dealer's duty to perform the work AND extend the SAME consideration to them and ALL customers who walk through the door. PERIOD! If this is not the case, that dealer will surely NOT get my future business and more than likely gain my undivided attention with respect to making the machine manufacturer's headquarters rep. aware of the situation. My first choice it to always buy from the local guy but sometimes they don't have what I want or refuse to be reasonable with their pricing. As long as they have the franchise of the manufacturer, they are REQUIRED to perform the warranty work and provide support. OK, the soap box is thrown out the window now. ;o) ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-20          91494

Sorry chief you are not exactly right. Don't know about Deere or Kubota but New Holland you are not required to do any other dealers warranty work. If you call nh costumer support and complain sure they will call the dealer, but they will not demand the work be preformed, they simply ask you if you will do the work. As I stated earlier nh dealers 99% of the time do NOT make any money from warranty repairs, some times they are lucky and break even but not very often. That is the reason getting a dealer to do your warranty work if you did not buy from them is hard. It is not like automobiles where they have a flat rate for repairs or problems with tractors it is more like what kind of day the reviewer is having depends on weather you will get the money for the parts and labor even when we do get warranty approval they normally cut the compensation down to just parts and half the labor anyway. We also never pass any of our warranty losses on to our customers. So maybe now you see why other dealers do not drop everything for some one who bought from some body else. If they did not make anything off the sale of the tractor you think they really want to lose money. Like I also said you will not be out right refused service but you will definitely NOT be a priority. I have explained this situation top death now if you do not understand then I do not know what else to say except always double check your prises before you buy. You may get a quote one day and the next corporate might put out new discounts so of course the later guy is going to be cheaper. I will put is this way if the price difference is more than $1500 without a trade you better double check your local guy. If you have a trade that may not hold true science value and other considerations are at play. As far as people moving out of the area sometimes you might get lucky and the dealer will help you out. I could probably right a book on this subject but i am probably chasing my tail. You all know I can not get my thoughts into words very well. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-07-20          91513

My post on the the thread entitled "My experiance with New Holland" is equally applicable here as well. The dealer makes the difference if they so choose to. ....

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-07-20          91517

so,,as i see this,,some saved thousand of dollars? is that THOUSANDS? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-21          91586

That situation of save thousands I already explained. And yes It is all about the dealer. That is why we are in the top 5 out of about 1500 in the country. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-23          91732

If I remember right, I think the difference for me from 1 -14 dealers who qouted me was $2500!! This is rediculas considering I am getting a purchase program price since I work there. Yes that was $2,500!!!! Murf,chief and everyone else is right on, shop until you feel comfortable with a dealer. My biggest problem was I fell in love with a dealer before I talked to all of them. Then along comes Larry and he blew them all away, I felt bad for the ONE other guy cause I liked him but when all things seem equal and one offers free delivery plus a few other perks, well you know what I mean. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-23          91736

That still seems like there was some other discounts in the works there too. From what I have seen m.s.r.p. is about 15 to 20% over what the dealer has to pay corporate for the tractor. That price between dealers is roughly the same but varies by about 5 to 10%. Depending on certain variables. Size is one of them as far as units sold per year, but there are others that are not as obvious. Then there is the variable if the dealer actually goes by msrp or not. O.k. so maybe $2500 is not out of the question but it is very unlikely MOST of the time. It really depends what the salesman is will to take out of his/her commission. All those little perks like hats delivery fuel ect all come out of the commission of the salesman. As in our case the salesman pays $62 an hour for delivery, $59.85 an hour for shop time ie. setup and installation of loaders, mowers ect. Your price also depends on how fast the shop works to get your piece ready for delivery. If you have a slow guy in the shop = more $$ fast guy in the shop= less money. I can go on and on but hopefully my idea is there.

I hate words!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login